Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mana pots auto refill!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Personally, I don't see the need for this option. I play all 3 classes at end level and don't really have problems managing my mana.

If anything, I'd want the mana/health pots on the left side of the screen so I could use them easier with my left thumb while charging skills with my right.
    So u dont have problems with tapping the screen rapidly for mana/hp pots?
    Dont u want to keep tapping just for hp pots, i think it would be less stressful.

I dont agree about putting the mana/hp pots on the left side
    Bcs u already have the joystick and ur menu icon also the party
    members , it wont be Organized.

Ty for sharing your thoughs
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 05-21-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbadboyx View Post
    So u dont have problems with tapping the screen rapidly for mana/hp pots?
    Dont u want to keep tapping just for hp pots, i think it would be less stressful.
    Not really no.

Let's see...
    1. Warrior: well, I maybe use like 2-5 mana pots during a run on my warrior. None, if I would spec in VB again. So, no problem here and in no way spamming my screen to manage my mana, even with all the HP spamming going on.

2. Sorcerer: with well over 4000 mana, I can spam A LOT of skills before ever running out of mana. So, the occasional mana button press every minute or 2 hardly can be called mana spamming right?

3. Rogue: My guess is that this is why you made the topic. You own a rogue and feel like mana is a problem right? At least I hope I'm right because Warriors and Sorcerers would really feel hardly, if any, benefit with this suggestion implemented.

But yes, rogues are mana hungry, although gear can help. When I play my rogue, I know I have to refill my mana every x number of skills (depending on what skills I use), so I simply time that in my skill rotation and don't even need to look at my mana in the process. If mana for rogues is your problem, maybe you could look for gear that gives you more mana or use skills that bring your mana usage back to a, for you, manageable skill set.

Isn't it more fun to figure out what works for you, instead of having the system make an easy game even easier?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Not really no.

Let's see...
    1. Warrior: well, I maybe use like 2-5 mana pots during a run on my warrior. None, if I would spec in VB again. So, no problem here and in no way spamming my screen to manage my mana, even with all the HP spamming going on.

2. Sorcerer: with well over 4000 mana, I can spam A LOT of skills before ever running out of mana. So, the occasional mana button press every minute or 2 hardly can be called mana spamming right?

3. Rogue: My guess is that this is why you made the topic. You own a rogue and feel like mana is a problem right? At least I hope I'm right because Warriors and Sorcerers would really feel hardly, if any, benefit with this suggestion implemented.

But yes, rogues are mana hungry, although gear can help. When I play my rogue, I know I have to refill my mana every x number of skills (depending on what skills I use), so I simply time that in my skill rotation and don't even need to look at my mana in the process. If mana for rogues is your problem, maybe you could look for gear that gives you more mana or use skills that bring your mana usage back to a, for you, manageable skill set.

Isn't it more fun to figure out what works for you, instead of having the system make an easy game even easier?
    Lol my avatar is warrior and ur saying im using a rogue, well honestly i have all the classes with
    Good pvp / pve stats

1- the average of mana in warrior stats is (540-740)(not exactly) which means it will be impossible to do a run (elite)
    Just with 2 pots "impossible" i use (skyward smash) (chest splitter) (vengefulblood) (horn of renew)
    And these skills i can use them very quickly with my technic so normally i will need mana, most of the warriors
    In al use (windmill) (skyward) and they do need mana alot

2- but honestly sorcerer wont need this option as warrior/rogue do

3- rogues need mana more than warriors bcs they use skills more quicker
    And also the cool down of their skills are shorter than warrior skills

I think most of the players need this option since we dont find alot of mages
    In elite and its hard to find one :/ and i had a positive comments in this idea
    more than the negative one's.
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 05-21-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Im not posting this topic for my personal interest otherwise i wouldn't
    Have encourage u or other players to share ur opinion

Anyway, i think sts are hesitated about this idea because warriors and rogues
    Wont chose intelligence in their stats, but i think they will use intelligence
    To be able to play pvp.

Agian thx for sharing ur opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What if we don't want to refill mana?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transparent View Post
    The voice of reason, what of we just want to stay manaless and troll our team mates. Or at least make sorc spam that heal a lil bit more.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Transparent View Post
    Go to option (disable auto mana use) in case sts added this option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    The voice of reason, what of we just want to stay manaless and troll our team mates. Or at least make sorc spam that heal a lil bit more.
    Lmao xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

xbad... your post is still here. in suggestions. lol
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    xbad... your post is still here. in suggestions. lol
    I cant see it, where is it @@?

Lol jk.. Im a real badboy :b
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 05-21-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Lol my avatar is warrior and ur saying im using a rogue, well honestly i have all the classes with
    Good pvp / pve stats

1- the average of mana in warrior stats is (540-740)(not exactly) which means it will be impossible to do a run (elite)
    Just with 2 pots "impossible" i use (skyward smash) (chest splitter) (vengefulblood) (horn of renew)
    And these skills i can use them very quickly with my technic so normally i will need mana, most of the warriors
    In al use (windmill) (skyward) and they do need mana alot
    My warrior has around 1120 mana, 4700HP and 1413 armor. I use AT, WM, RC and HoR. Even without VB I hardly use any mana pots at all (as said, 2-5 pots in a run). When I had VB specced in, I didn't even use 1 mana pot during a whole run. As said, maybe you should get some different gear or different spec or maybe you're not using VB as it should, I don't know.

I can only speak from my own tanking experience, in running countless elites, when saying mana for a warrior isn't a problem in a long shot, at least not for me or any friends who I talked to that have a tank

U rok, thanks!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

My warrior has around 1120 mana, 4700HP and 1413 armor. I use AT, WM, RC and HoR. Even without VB I hardly use any mana pots at all (as said, 2-5 pots in a run). When I had VB specced in, I didn't even use 1 mana pot during a whole run. As said, maybe you should get some different gear or different spec or maybe you're not using VB as it should, I don't know.

I can only speak from my own tanking experience, in running countless elites, when saying mana for a warrior isn't a problem in a long shot, at least not for me or any friends who I talked to that have a tank
    U have a nice intelligence in ur stats but ur dmg or dps must be low, we r trying to reach a balanced
    Stats, if u want to make sure about the avarge go to kraag/windmore /or any public area and check
    Warrior stats (intelligence).

Lets talk about rogues since u support this idea for rogues, or dont u?

Btw i also do alot of elite maps, but last time i was counting lvl cap 21 tower of mordrom(elite) i've dont this map
    More over 285 times!, then i stopped counting.
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 05-22-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

U have a nice intelligence in ur stats but ur dmg or dps must be low, we r trying to reach a balanced
    Stats, if u want to make sure about the avarge go to kraag/windmore /or any public area and check
    Warrior stats (intelligence).

Lets talk about rogues since u support this idea for rogues, or dont u?

Btw i also do alot of elite maps, but last time i was counting lvl cap 21 tower of mordrom(elite) i've dont this map
    More over 285 times!, then i stopped counting.
    Dmg/dps for a warrior is, for me, a distant 3rd on my stats list, right after armor and HP. I'll leave the Dmg dealing to the rogues and sorcerers out there. Even when specced to deal as much Dmg as possible, it's still neglectable as compared to the Dmg dealt by the other classes. I'd rather stay alive and act like a good spongebob (absorbing Dmg) and so keeping my party alive too.

As for rogues, as said earlier, I still don't see the need for an auto mana function either. Once you get a good feeling of how many skills you can spam before needing mana, it's all auto-pilot from there without even having to check your mana. At least, that's the case from me.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's an original suggestion. I can only speak for myself when saying I just don't see the necessity for it

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have to say that from a rogue standpoint in elite now, I am constantly spamming HP & mana. It’s difficult for me to get a charged aimed shot in once, much less several in a row. Idk if it’s just bugs in the Nordr elites, but it is downright painful for my rogue now. Granted, if I’m with a tank that is actually spec’d to tank, it’s much easier and I can do what a rogue does best and hammer out critical shots. But you know how hard it is to find a tank that actually tanks?? I feel like all I’m doing is refilling pots and Malison & Talon are threatening to call animal rights services because I’m abusing them by making them do all the attacking (ok… slight exaggeration).

I have a lvl 31 & lvl 30 rogue, with minor changes in specs – one with slighter higher health and one with slightly higher critical and I have problems with both of em in elites now. I could re’spec completely and focus on health, but then my incandescents/bone chill bow would be little more than a fly swatter and my aimed shot, little more than a paint ball gun because I’m not getting any critical shots (ok… another slight exaggeration – but you get my point…).

I know the game is built around team work and my rogues do their job now in pounding out critical shots, but if the tank isn’t tanking, my rogue just taps hp and mana all the way through and gets very few charged aimed shots…. So, I guess, when I’m running an elite with a tank who isn’t spec’d to tank, it would be nice to have auto refill on mana just so I could let off my pots for a few seconds to fire off some charged aimed shots… Just a thought….

I can’t say anything about the tanks and how much they use mana… my tank has been languishing and neglected at lvl 22 for the past few months… so I have no comments about how many pots a tank uses…

Anyway, this has been a very interesting conversation. Thanks for all the useful input...
    Last edited by Spartaka; 05-22-2013 at 10:00 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Spartaka For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Bro i have a good dmg and dps /armor and i always stay alive and take dmg
    To protect my team u dont need all that armor or the huge intelligence amount
    Make ur stats balanced (armor/hp/dps/dmg/int/dex(dmg) ) all must be good, if i wanna
    do the same as u i will chose passive (int/armor/might) skills (rally cry) (horn of renew)
    (vengefulblood) (attack skills) and a mythic warrior weapon but i wont be babysitting
    I will use normal build and skills
    Each one in the game has his own build u cant make them use your build because mana needs,
    A new option should be added. Thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

And for an example look at Spartaka comment, i shouldn't talk about rogues while im while she is talking about them because im a warrior and she is the rogue, she has the right more than me to decide whether the rogues need auto use mana
    Last edited by Xbadboyx; 05-24-2013 at 12:37 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Xbadboyx For This Useful Post: