Thread: who else has had my terrible luck

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Hrmm...where to start....

1) Leveling up to cap in AL is far easier than in PL. In PL you needed 100k xp to cap, and the best you could get in a single run maybe 100 xp, or 400 xp if you had a full thrasher elixir (which are lots of plat). In AL you have dungeons like WT4 and others that give you 400xp for a single run without an elixir, and 800+ with elixir, and you only needed 26k xp to cap at 31. If you spend a little plat, which it sounds like you do, you should be able to cap a toon in a few hours.

2) As for the issue of money, yes money is harder to obtain in AL. That much is clear. And Arcane items are far rarer than anything ever introduced in PL. I would basically forget about getting Arcane items. There are so few that even finding someone selling an Arcane weapon is luck in itself, and the price is going to be far more than 99.9% of players have. But Mythic are obtainable, and rarity is much like Dragon/Demonic gear was in PL. I think the problem is you are gambling. Some people get lucky, some people don't. It's just random. Random means you can open a thousand crates and never get anything good, and the next guy can open 1 crate and get an arcane weapon. That's just how it goes. I've opened about 70 crates in total since the beginning and never got a mythic or arcane item either.

3) I suggest you just think about ways to save up the gold. Instead of opening your chests/crates, sell them in the auction. If you want to spend plat, I suggest you do Elite Mines runs. There you can get elite chests which you can sell for nice amounts of gold. And if you do the daily quests for an Elite Gold Chest, then you get a free chest for every 4 Elite Mines runs (20 bosses). Just keep selling them and you will save up gold in no time. Make sure to add a luck elixir for your runs, and I'm sure you'll loot at least 1-2 Elite Gold Chests during those 4 runs, and then with the freebie, you'll have a nice amount of gold once you sell. Do that every few days and the gold will add up.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: