Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I gave away 9.9 Mill.... response and real story

The Land Of Trolls. Graduated Medic from The Land Of Trolls.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Totally different. Id have kept all the gold. Your scenario is different because the guy didn't stop the gold behind him. When you drop money you dont realise that its gone until later when you try to use it. It would instead be like this, wandroid, I think that's his name, has a large sum of cash and hes trying to wire it into a different bank account knowing that banks often wont allow you to wire a huge sum in such a way without any security procedures. So he tells them he didn't mean it and he gets it back. The person who the account belonged to was informed and now theyre just put in a bad mood, because in their heads, they had the large sum taken from them. He does it a few times until one account just accepts the money and leaves wandroid upset and complaining. Guess what, he deserved it. If he asked me for the gold back Id just laugh at him
    I'm sure you missed out the point of that post. Don't skimp through content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Respect to azesaiel for returning the gold back to the person who would do a silly thing as to actually try and give away 9.99mill gold and then ask for it back. The guy is actually lucky it was Azesaiel on the receiving end as i know alot of people who wouldnt even have considered giving that gold back. At the end of the day we can say that he learnt his lesson with the little mini heart atk he had when the trade was confirmed. I guess the original post here made by azesaiel is just to make clear what really happened and to make sure every1 knows he returned the gold as we know how some stories can easily get lost in translation and it might turn out as if azesaiel scammed some1 of 9.99mil gold.

Xxthexdonxx lvl76 mage
    Xthexxbossx lvl80 bear

Proud member of Family

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wandroid can thank god i wasnt on the receiving end of that trade lol...wouldve gave every1 on the map an equal share of it and tell him to get it back from em

Xxthexdonxx lvl76 mage
    Xthexxbossx lvl80 bear

Proud member of Family

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wendellism View Post
    Your post is extremely reasonable. I respect that.

Point is, I bashed the OP because his very impression made in this thread also shows he's also at fault. Now in real life, if someone in front to you drops that $10,000 by accident on the floor, depending on your ethics, you would either give him back the $10,000, or keep it without anyone noticing it.

Sure, the latter option seemed pretty interesting, but at the very end of our lives, who do you think will pay?

Real Story Time
    Just today, while setting up a Water Point for the annual Army Half-Marathon, I chanced upon a military IC along with $10 bucks inside the cardholder. I was tempted by my storeman friends to keep the cash and return the IC, however...

As I approached the Ops Room, the room where I was to return the IC, I had a slight epiphany on deciding to keep the cash or not. In the end, I returned the Military IC to the Duty Clerk....... Along with the cash.

Sure, I felt sore for losing that $10 bucks as I could buy myself a free lunch and dinner outside the civilian world. But what I felt instead gives me a sense of pride and achievement of doing the right thing.

And that, Apollo... is how I made my day today.
    That's completely different as Wandroid purposely gave his gold to Nick. In your situation, yes, I would have done the same thing as I have a code of ethics. However, what Wandroid did, I would not return the gold.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

If you cared to read or even notice, that thread was locked and seemed to be all sorted out BEFORE you made this thread. Now you just basically revived it. To be honest, I think that many of us could care less about any of this. I think that we all understand that you inadvertantly received a gold cap and you returned and that should be it.

There was really no need to even introduce the situation to the forums in the first place.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

meh i got -197 gold in 7 toons and idont cry about its

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok again i only posted because i was getting pm's about the situation. people saying they want my side of the story. it's not about the post locked because obviously the post was still being read and I was being messaged. and I didn't want the incident 2 change some peoples impression of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

IM so confused the story made me confused you made it confusing so right now I'm confused as much as a confused monkey..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

All done now, right?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post: