Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something is rotten in the....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eviiedwin, feel free to add me as a friend. I downloaded the game when it first came out, though i started really playing closer to balefort castle, and I also find that the community has gone downhill for the most part. Booting is a major problem, which I believe is really generated by the root causes of impatient younger players and an in game economy that encourages greed and elitism. It would be nice to have some good company during games and farming runs.
    Rasuch: Lvl 45 Bow Bear (MAIN)
    Riela: Lvl 45 Paladin (for now, may switch to Thoth mage)
    Trystana: Lvl 45 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eviiedwin View Post
    (one reason given: HAHAB)
    Wow you are lucky, I got this reason from Jianjiangxcn : .
    And Chaudex keep booting my bear from her group for no reason but sometime accept my dex mage. I said her i was the same person, but she said she is tired and too much new person... I asked her to explain what I did wrong to her, she just booted my bear out of her friend list because she died while I was talking to her... Finally she said I can hate her, she doesn't care... I don't hate her I just don't understand why she is rude with me.

Because they are "top players" they have right to treat the others like piece of .... ? What is the pleasure to be pro and being a jerk with people that don't have 150k kills ? Why these people play mmo if they don't like the others ? To show them on leaderboards ?

And what about those that ask to pot or boot ya if u can't afford ???

Too much unfriendly and if this game is going worse with Android i may leave too.

@Eviiedwin Feel free to add me to your friend too^^
    Last edited by Typhee; 11-02-2010 at 12:46 PM.
    I need a signature... What boss drop it ? Is it pink ?

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

This is a simple fix .. Crush the rush and break the pots and the problems are solved !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah eliminate these unfriendly pots, it's ruining the game
    I need a signature... What boss drop it ? Is it pink ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah the pots seemed like a poor attempt to copy elixirs from WoW, which I already thought were sort of a crutch anyway. Elixirs were meant there to be something to get you over the hump, to let you sort of squeak by bosses and progress a bit further while your skill and gear get better. they were never meant to be and never should be required. some of the stuff i have seen in AO3 it is almost a given you have to use a few pots to survive the encounters. to me this would extremely hard for a tank because i had to buy normal pots like crazy until level 45. i am just now starting to get some cash. my bird on the other hand is bill gates by comparison. i rarely have to buy pots of any kind and just sell trash and get tons of cash.
    i can totally understand when people say they cant afford the super expensive pots.
    the jump in difficulty between AO2 and AO3 is just ridiculous. i am all for a challenge, but that leap was a bit too large in almost every respect.
    also this is a way of closing off the casual players and not the ones that are the loot pests. i hardly ever try to sell anything actively, but if anyone wants to buy something and i don't need it i'll gladly sell it. heck, i usually just give stuff to people if i see they need it, like just the other day a leveling tank saw i got a green fork and wanted to know if he could buy/have it. i had a purple i had won earlier. i just gave him the purple i had and said "here this one is better "
    Last edited by Rextab; 11-02-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear
    Archflier - 47 Pure Dex Bird
    Manabender - 33 Pure Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The myna gen boots now, i just solo overlords, my 47 bear takes it fine, i was able to stay in a game of 50s, cause game maker left, they didnt think it was possible to solo overlord...or rush mynas, i did it both SOLO while they tried to clear, Level is a number, myna is a lifestyle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    The myna gen boots now, i just solo overlords, my 47 bear takes it fine, i was able to stay in a game of 50s, cause game maker left, they didnt think it was possible to solo overlord...or rush mynas, i did it both SOLO while they tried to clear, Level is a number, myna is a lifestyle.
    i find overlord to be easier than myna. Problem with myna is it can take longer than 5 minutes. Killing the shadows clears this up though.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    i find overlord to be easier than myna. Problem with myna is it can take longer than 5 minutes. Killing the shadows clears this up though.
    O.o myna is easier imo, just BC i kill him in 1 minute, pinning is easy, overlord is just annoying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    O.o myna is easier imo, just BC i kill him in 1 minute, pinning is easy, overlord is just annoying
    i havent played in about a month, maybe things have changed. I still have a shock lance.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I have to jump in! There's a Hamlet ref... :-)

As for community, the only way it can be good is if we are good. Some are bad. We must lead by being good anyway. They delight in making us drift into their trolldom. Blithely ignore them. And if they upset you, never let it show. Just smile and walk on. They like chaos, so remain orderly. It's the one thing that really gets to them the most!
    How would you know? ^^^^.
    You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need. ~Vernon Howard
    Announcing the Pocket Legend Fan Site!! Become Part of the Phenomenon!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    i get no love ><
    sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Prest87 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Reaper was a founder of the legends guild.
    i didnt really see him in game. ever.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

make the fnord server bring it back then all the awesome players can join there make are own community like it was fnord swamps was EPIC i new every level 35 well most of them and could join a game without getting booted...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11145&dateline=130178  8828

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Just to jump in here...

I try to figure out how to have a better gaming experience, because I think the game is quite fun. Of course, it doesn't hurt to get off the xp/farm rollercoaster most of the time to sit AFK in town...

Yesterday, I was reminded not to take things too seriously when a mage I did not know cursed me out because she/he/it could not rez the group: Pally, no pots, no gold, no mana, level 50. But then later, that same mage told me nicely to not respawn and wait for rez because he/she/it would rez me. I figure it's just another kid who does not know how cursing comes across in chat or maybe they talk like that all the time: from "Hi how are you" to "!@$#%#% you" etc. and think nothing of it. I was hanging out with a friend and he was staying, or I probably would have left when I got cursed out, but now I'm more likely to stay and at least see how the play goes and if the cursing is a recurring event, which in this case it was not.

As for guilds, I enjoy joining games with people I do not know. How else do I meet new people if I'm not playing with them? I FRIENDED maybe 20 people yesterday from pick-up games and had some funny conversations. I would never had had those if I had played only with people I already knew. There are some very nice people out there and considering I met only one rude person, and someone else who made a couple snide comments in Captive Audience and then left us "noobs" and did not stay to see us clear a little bit later, I would say the score was quite good for the good guys. There were probably many more people who were fine, but sometimes I don't get to play long enough to FRIEND them. Oh, and no booting at all.

I am not sure when everyone is playing but I would say there are more good people than bad, so try to relax and give people a chance. Actually, in the good Captive Audience group, we lost maybe 5 people before the group gelled and we started moving. And no, it did not take long for people to leave; they just had to see someone else die. Hell, a couple of them stood around and I suppose when they realized they had to work, they left. Had I left earlier, I never would have found my good group. At one point, we were down to just two mages and that could have been it... LOL, had I been a little bit "smarter" and a little bit less stubborn, I would have left also. I am happy there are other stubborn people like me and we get to play together. :-) Pretty soon, we were up two bears and a little birdie and off we went.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 11-02-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Eviiedwin, i totally agree with your observation, ive been playing since the 3rd week PL was released. Unfortunately ive had to watch this evolution of rude and obnoxcious bullying since its beginning. I have sent numerous emails to spacetime studios over the past few months whenever i catch a screenshot of these bullies, but have not recieved any responses. Obviously its not the dev's fault but it would be nice if they could do something.

anyways my gaming name is Promethion, Level 49 Archer and i would be glad to join up to play. See you soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well my observation.. Ao3 separated players into 3 groups.. those that are casual players, hardcore players and ultimate noobs stuck at certain levels coz they are so noob that ppl dont want them in their team.. and doesnt have the intelligence to create their own game ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Good way of putting it, Dip. I've been in groups with multiple bears and they could not, no matter how hard they tried, keep one Sniper pinned. I was torn between laughing and crying. Well, ok, laughing as they cursed at how hard AO3 was and how you need pots and better EQ and a better team, blah blah. And how they were stuck and needed level 50s to help. I've been in multiple groups of these and they might still be easy to find in Ao3:2. Not sure. I've mostly given up on them. I think I helped a few people through Captive Audience and Intergalactic Combat yesterday, or at least they were very happy to clear... Thank goodness they were not the horrible ones.

Man, some of these Keeper teams are worse than horrible. And I don't even know why some groups are just so bad while most of the time the Keeper is almost easy. Some of groups I remember made the right motions: aggro keeper, stay behind him, blah blah, but could not damage him at all or stay alive. It was really werid. Then there's other times, when, for example, I find myself alone in front of the Overlord while everyone else is... who knows where... We WERE together when we went in...