Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Booting Makes Me Mad !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I don't think that booting is necessarily bad. If you get booted, try to calm down and remind yourself that it's not personal; that it has to do with the booter, not you. As for the reason, try to remember that not everyone is an English speaker or a very fast English typist. Remember that it's about the booter, not you. If you get booted too much for your personal sanity, then start your own game with your own friends or with people who join you.

There ARE rude people who come in and immediately ask that the low level be booted, even if the low level started the game. I've been in games talking to my low level friend who hosted and invited me and people come in and immediately ask me to boot the low level. It's very strange. I don't take offense, but depending on the friend, the person asking will likely get booted.

I personally have a hard time booting, so I only boot if I've been playing with a group and we've been running for awhile and some new person hops in in-between. I will usually use the reason "sry, friends coming" and then boot. Often I will tell them I will invite if there is space. But again, I don't usually boot. I prefer to give the new person a chance. If they contribute and survive, that works. If not, they usually leave on their own. As I've said in other posts, lots of people can't seem to take a death or two, and it's not even their own death. I do boot non-contributors.

A couple of times, I joined a friend and they told me "full". Of course, I know what that means: they're running with a group and it's going well and they're not going to break it up. Of course, I go; there's lots of other things to do and it's not personal.

I do have friends who are quite attached to the boot button. Some are kids; some are foreigner speakers. On their end, they do not take booting that seriously. From their point of view, they are just playing the game their way. They're very loyal to the people/person they are playing with but that's it. If they have a fault, I would say that they are focused (I suppose some would call that selfish, right?) I've also had these "heavy" booters go to bat for me when I join them, making sure the host knows I'm a friend, a buddy, blah blah, even when I already know the host (LOL). I suppose it's like having a pit bull, very loyal but can bite strangers.

If you get frustrated with being booted, then consider playing the game YOUR way, which is to say with your friends and/or starting your own game.

I really like that there are both hosted and non-hosted games in PL. So as an alternative to hosting your own game, you can play a non-hosted game for a bit: Walk through a portal or climb down a ladder, etc.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 11-03-2010 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just need to be able to make game descriptions, one little text box will solve so much.

People will stop joining games where they aren't wanted, and will be able to select games where they know they will be welcomed and not have to rush etc. Will be better for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I would like an OPTIONAL Min Level setting, where it would not allow anyone to even enter if they are lower than the setting I choose. There goes half the problem right there. If I don't set the min level, everyone is welcome. If I set it to 50, well, only a 50 could enter. Why not? The host is consider the owner and we are allowed to password. How about allowing a min level that the system enforces. I think more than half, maybe even 75% of the booting will stop then.

Player X joins Bayou Boss Brawl and sets it for 35, I can join but those who are not able to wear their witch toad tiaras can not join. Basic average player starts one with no min level, anyone can join. Player Y sets the same game to 50, only my main can enter. Works for me.

p.s. Wouldn't mind a max level, too. Sometimes I would rather keep the high levels out...
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 11-03-2010 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Number one was your fault... you sound like a person who leeches off friends..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I would like an OPTIONAL Min Level setting, where it would not allow anyone to even enter if they are lower than the setting I choose. There goes half the problem right there. If I don't set the min level, everyone is welcome. If I set it to 50, well, only a 50 could enter. Why not? The host is consider the owner and we are allowed to password. How about allowing a min level that the system enforces. I think more than half, maybe even 75% of the booting will stop then.

Player X joins Bayou Boss Brawl and sets it for 35, I can join but those who are not able to wear their witch toad tiaras can not join. Basic average player starts one with no min level, anyone can join. Player Y sets the same game to 50, only my main can enter. Works for me.

p.s. Wouldn't mind a max level, too. Sometimes I would rather keep the high levels out...
    i am a bear and i approve this message
    great ideas. just leave it open and let the host decide what levels he will allow.
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear
    Archflier - 47 Pure Dex Bird
    Manabender - 33 Pure Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for my harsh language masterchief, but i was tired of people complaining over booting. Maybe you were only complaining about people that want other low levels to get booted, in that case im sorry again for arguing about the wrong things.

For me, it all boils down to this: the one that created the game shall have total control of his game, and booting an unwanted player is what gives him this control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I agree that the maker should retain the right to boot. All we have to do is find out a better way to create teams other than booting the ones we don't want. I have only used it a few times. Usually I can get players who are too low to leave just by talking to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah .. I Don't Wanna Fight With Friends Anymore So ...

---------------------------- THREAD CLOSED --------------------------

- Peace, MC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

sigh... i got booted, reason being "2 person run"
    I said ok, but: item chance is the same no matter what (in case your a noob)

i guess its hard to stress the words in case, maybe he was doing it for kicks. :/ anyway a trolling war beckons and he starts insulting my playing, my pvp (unashamedly non-existent) and saying anyone who plays with me is noob. sure enough, I was in one epic-as-heck team (3 bears 2 mage, but no bird sadly) while he was prob still doing a 2 person run... odd...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Arterra add me Moarpewpew is my ign..

I won't boot you.
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superzarop View Post
    Facking idiot stop complaining about boots!!!! I am so pissed off because immature all-knowers seems to think that all booters are wrong!!
    Would you be happy if you hosted a victory lap for good people that are out for quick loot and this lvl 46 guy with no gear at all joins the game?
    Who likes a lazy low level *** sitting back doing nothing while waiting for others to get the xp for him? You get mad when u join a pot rush and get kicked, but do you not know that YOU will just be dying like a handicap and getting the mages to take risks of dying by reviving YOU!

When you get booted, there is always a reason, whether the host specifies it or not. The hosts cannot write game discriptions, so if a noob joins a game for pros and get kicked, it is not the hosts fault!!

So, give me one reason that a host should not have the permission to kick someone from HIS game.
    ....wow you should be banned for that post >.< lml
    Kurl-55 Warrior
    Kurle-50 Archer
    kurll-47 Mage

Kurly-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Don't fall for the noob troll with 26 posts hammering on the guy with 719 posts. Trolls troll, and they love negative reactions. Laugh at them. They hate that.
    =D hahahaha
    Kurl-55 Warrior
    Kurle-50 Archer
    kurll-47 Mage

Kurly-12

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Everything that Superzarop said is true, it's just that most people do not WANT to hear it. He is talking about rushing, and rushing by definition is VERY selfish. It boils down the game to just getting the best gear in the most efficient way, which is why EVERYONE WANTS TO DO IT! The problem is, NOT EVERYONE CAN! The increase in armor and fire power for level 50 weapons is significant, and if you are not 50, you should not be rushing. What you should be doing is taking the time to level up, just like all the other 50's did.
    I LOVE how all the lvl 50 rushers complain about random people joining their rush parties. Okay umm well let me put it this way.

Random people = Not learned they can't rush yet.
    Lvl 50's rushing = STILL HAVENT LEARNED HOW TO PUT A FREAKIN PASSWORD ON THE GAME!! JESUS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didnt want to post anymore on this because this thread should be closed, but im tired of the argument "put a password on the game".
    If the hoster decides not to put a password on his game, it means that he wants some other non friends to also be able to join, but if he want a free game only for "elitst jerks", he have no way of letting people know before they enter the game. Then the only options that remain are to boot or asking them to leave, in which booting is much faster and efficient. So if someone that the hoster does not want joins, it is not the hosters fault that he will get booted. And most of the times, a boot is better for the group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

adding the min/max and description would definitely help matters.
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear
    Archflier - 47 Pure Dex Bird
    Manabender - 33 Pure Enchantress