Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 31 mythic weapon vs 36 pinks weapon(nxt big update)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Oh, I spent plats on a vanity but a cooler one came along can I have a refund. I don't know who would want to keep using the same gear for 2+ seasons but for those of you that do, kudos. As for me I'll just get the next best pinks (hopefully), I mean its bad enough when a mythic armor and wep only warrio (not helm) runs from a lowly all pink guy.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

I really hope that the devs will consider scaling the mythic items. I world so hard to get mine and it would be a shame if they weren't useful in the next update! Arcane weapons should get scaled at least once!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think your missing the bigger picture, when a season/expansion last a meager 8/10 weeks or so and then mythics are worthless, it kind of kills the whole point in opening crates and for all intents of purposes is the majority of funding for new content. If mythics are only going to last such a short period then there not worth working towards which in the long run kills funding for future content! I get that eventually we all would like to work towards something newer or its not worth continuing to play but if mythics aren't worth obtaining and crates become junk then thats the end of new content for all of us. Considering mythics is the driving force in opening crates which in the long run give us all new content then killing such an item after such a short period is like committing suicide for the game. I have great respect for those who would prefer to run round in common pinks but lets face it your not really benefiting anyone including yourselves as that is a cheep way to play and you then rely on others to foot the bill for new content.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Oh, I spent plats on a vanity but a cooler one came along can I have a refund. I don't know who would want to keep using the same gear for 2+ seasons but for those of you that do, kudos. As for me I'll just get the next best pinks (hopefully), I mean its bad enough when a mythic armor and wep only warrio (not helm) runs from a lowly all pink guy.
    No but you can now sell your old vanity on auction if you hadn't noticed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griia View Post
    I think your missing the bigger picture, when a season/expansion last a meager 8/10 weeks or so and then mythics are worthless, it kind of kills the whole point in opening crates and for all intents of purposes is the majority of funding for new content. If mythics are only going to last such a short period then there not worth working towards which in the long run kills funding for future content! I get that eventually we all would like to work towards something newer or its not worth continuing to play but if mythics aren't worth obtaining and crates become junk then thats the end of new content for all of us. Considering mythics is the driving force in opening crates which in the long run give us all new content then killing such an item after such a short period is like committing suicide for the game. I have great respect for those who would prefer to run round in common pinks but lets face it your not really benefiting anyone including yourselves as that is a cheep way to play and you then rely on others to foot the bill for new content.
    Agree.

But most ppl here are more than happy to see the mythic and arcane to become junk.
    They think the existence of crates with the mythic and arcane has greatly discourage them from farming, and this game is all about opening crates, etc.
    But the truth is AL is one of the very few games that u don't have to pay to get a decent expericence.
    Last edited by uriraran; 07-07-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griia View Post
    No but you can now sell your old vanity on auction if you hadn't noticed.
    Yea I've noticed, that's why it doesn't matter if you where one of the oldies that got a "limited" vanity as every one can get it now. Yet you don't hear us complaining about that
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Yea I've noticed, that's why it doesn't matter if you where one of the oldies that got a "limited" vanity as every one can get it now. Yet you don't hear us complaining about that
    I'm not surprised you dont hear ppl complaining about vanity items as they don't deteriorate in value to the point of worthless. I do have a limited vanity that is increasing in value as we speak so why would you complain about such an item, kind of kills your point imo..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

The mythic weapons are already relatively worthless, so who really cares if they get upgraded. Many of us spent 8-9m on the mythic gun after the first weekend and now they are worth 1-2m. Do you hear us complaining about that or asking for our money back? Also many of us spent 15-20m on an arcane pet that we never even use! This is just how these games go. Items are really expensive when they first come out and are the best of their kind out there, and then they soon become more common or overshadowed by new gear and lose their value. If you cannot deal with this and are not willing to work for the best items with each expansion, then don't waste your time or money. Furthermore, there are certain items that still hold there value even when they are not the top level gear in the game because they are status symbols or are good for twinking. Take for example demonic gear in PL or discontinued gear here in AL.

I disagree with any of the mythic gear being upgraded, and have always felt that people should have spent their gold on these items for their enjoyment of these weapons in the present without any expectation of what they will become. When you spend a lot of money on an expensive computer or an expensive TV and new and better versions come out that may even be cheaper, do you go to the manufacturer and demand for a free upgrade? Absolutely not! Totally absurd! Either way, this is pretty much a pointless argument at this moment. The armor and helms will be upgraded, it is not totally clear about the weapons, but i doubt it (maybe a small buff?), and the rings and amulets probably won't be upgraded. Just don't expect it to be easy or free to upgrade the mythic armor and helm as I am sure it will not be, and it is not in sts's best interest for it to be easy or free.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 07-07-2013 at 02:04 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    The mythic weapons are already relatively worthless, so who really cares if they get upgraded. Many of us spent 8-9m on the mythic gun after the first weekend and now they are worth 1-2m. Do you hear us complaining about that or asking for our money back? Also many of us spent 15-20m on an arcane pet that we never even use! This is just how these games go. Items are really expensive when they first come out and are the best of their kind out there, and then they soon become more common or overshadowed by new gear and lose their value. If you cannot deal with this and are not willing to work for the best items with each expansion, then don't waste your time or money. Furthermore, there are certain items that still hold there value even when they are not the top level gear in the game because they are status symbols or are good for twinking. Take for example demonic gear in PL or discontinued gear here in AL.

I disagree with any of the mythic gear being upgraded, and have always felt that people should have spent their gold on these items for their enjoyment of these weapons in the present without any expectation of what they will become. When you spend a lot of money on an expensive computer or an expensive TV and new and better versions come out that may even be cheaper, do you go to the manufacturer and demand for a free upgrade? Absolutely not! Totally absurd! Either way, this is pretty much a pointless argument at this moment. The armor and helms will be upgraded, it is not totally clear about the weapons, but i doubt it (maybe a small buff?), and the rings and amulets probably won't be upgraded. Just don't expect it to be easy or free to upgrade the mythic armor and helm as I am sure it will not be, and it is not in sts's best interest for it to be easy or free.
    Unfortunately, it was known very early on that there was something in the works. So now, there really isn't another choice.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Unfortunately, it was known very early on that there was something in the works. So now, there really isn't another choice.

Yeah, I personally feel that sts really goofed in mentioning a possible upgrade option before they really had any solid plans regarding what they were going to do. Now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place having to figure out what to do without making a lot of people angry. I feel for them and it is unfortunate that a lot of people are probably going to be upset no matter what happens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yeah, I personally feel that sts really goofed in mentioning a possible upgrade option before they really had any solid plans regarding what they were going to do. Now they are stuck between a rock and a hard place having to figure out what to do without making a lot of people angry. I feel for them and it is unfortunate that a lot of people are probably going to be upset no matter what happens
    I say, do only what they promised people: to upgrade Mythic helm and Mythic plates. Everything else is not required. Also, please note that I say this as a proud owner of a full Mythic Rogue set.

Worst comes to worst, I'll keep these increasingly rare items and twink with them.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Maybe if people stopped paying ridiculous ammounts of gold for items they wouldn't be so mad when they become obsolete. Its crazy the ammounts that you see for some items and the only people that can buy them are a select few. I have a couple mythics amd a few mil and people call ME rich... I am far from rich.

Just remember buyers set the price of items... not the sellers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show....php?p=1165512

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If sts doesnt do anything, 31 Mythic weapons will br OUTPERFORMED by 36 Legendary.

Why?

31 Bonechill and 31 Mythic bow
    Only -3.5 dps difference

36 Legendary Bow will blow the 31 Mythic bow out of the water

I earn a lot and lost a lot in this mythic gears,

Price declining like waterfall.

Just hope the best for AL

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...xpansion/page4

Was reading this... so pasted here for u..
    That link is 4 month old..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by abihakim; 07-08-2013 at 12:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Nobody saying free upgrade, ppl are saying possibility to upgrade by paying more... You buy a hand phone u can trade in when next generation come, that's what we are talking about.
    And did u buy a gun at 8mil? How many acrane do u process? If "many of us" doesn't include u, u are assuming and being absurd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

They were never vague about what they were going to do. This is some sort of myth that has gone viral throughout the game. I remember people telling me that arcane items would scale to level forever! STS never said any such thing.

The only thing they ever said prior to Sam's recent post was this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Rarity-Items

Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.

He gave no specifics, but did confirm what would happen. Then STS never said another word about it. At one point Sam posted a thread to refute various rumors that were circulating about the Arcane hooks, but he never said anything about mythic items upgrading. Then a couple of days ago he confirmed what he originally said in the post above back in February.

I don't think STS has been inconsistent at all. I think they have been very clear about what would happen. Players have to stop listening to rumors and just read the forum and only trust what a developer says and not what other players say.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

+2

Cuz everyone always does only +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uriraran View Post
    Nobody saying free upgrade, ppl are saying possibility to upgrade by paying more... You buy a hand phone u can trade in when next generation come, that's what we are talking about.
    And did u buy a gun at 8mil? How many acrane do u process? If "many of us" doesn't include u, u are assuming and being absurd
    Yes I did buy a mythic gun for the equivalent of 8.5m gold after the first weekend of mythic weapons and guns were going for about this rate up until the second weekend of mythic weapons. I also have bought one arcane pet, which I hatched for the achievement points, leveled to 30 for kicks, and now almost never use for PvE or PvP as it is not that great for a sorcerer. I do not blame anyone else for these purchases and/or any gold that I may have lost as a result, as I made these purchases for my own gratification and have enjoyed the benefits of both of them. I also never expect either of them to be upgraded or changed in anyway, and I am just fine with both of these purchases just fading away to a happy memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    They were never vague about what they were going to do. This is some sort of myth that has gone viral throughout the game. I remember people telling me that arcane items would scale to level forever! STS never said any such thing.

The only thing they ever said prior to Sam's recent post was this:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Rarity-Items
    Energizeric is absolutely right! Sts only ever said that they were going to do "something" with the mythic armor and helm and that it would be worth while to hold on to them. Furthermore, they specifically said that there were no plans to upgrade the arcane weapons. They also never said anything about the mythic weapons, rings and amulets up until recently in the expansion announcement in which they said they also had no plans for them. I have to admit, it is hard to sift through all the rumor and speculation in the forums to reveal these nuggets of truth, but these are the facts. No one should blame anyone but themselves for having false expectations that cannot and will not be met by sts.

Sorry

I smell a thread lock....
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 07-08-2013 at 05:00 AM. Reason: removed inflammatory statements :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

He gave no specifics, but did confirm what would happen. Then STS never said another word about it. At one point Sam posted a thread to refute various rumors that were circulating about the Arcane hooks, but he never said anything about mythic items upgrading.
    Well, that's kind of the definition of vague. I get what you are saying, but I for one would like to know what's coming.

Last edited by Rare; 07-08-2013 at 05:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Well, that's kind of the definition of vague. I get what you are saying, but I for one would like to know what's coming.

We all want to know whats coming but i doubt even the devs know how theyre gonna scale up the mythic set yet, kudos to sam for confirming the plan is out there.