Thread: Heal Packs need to be better..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Angry Heal Packs need to be better..

I'm really disappointed that you need to step on the packs before you get healed, there's a lot of instances (PVP/PVE) where i was stepping on it but it didn't get me healed and i died..

before i was thinking its just latency issues but after i got myself a new internet (260..Green Ping) this situation still happens everyday..... -_-

is it possible that the Pick up Radius will be increase like 3-5 yards or so (or just increase the pick up radius in packs)... it really sucks when you need to step on in..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Packs are glitches. Sometimes they don't even drop yet your cool down is going! A larger radius would lead to lots of false pick ups too! I just want the packs drop glitch addressed!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zanpakuto For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    Packs are glitches. Sometimes they don't even drop yet your cool down is going! A larger radius would lead to lots of false pick ups too! I just want the packs drop glitch addressed!
    The glitch has something to do with skills doesn't appear at all when charged. To solve this just add half second after charging then you can release the skill. This has been addressed to support since last year but they still working on it.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Well...the only ways I can pwn a rogue in 1v1s are:
    1. Hope to kill the rogue before he/she reaches the health packs.
    2. Hope the health packs don't work and I get a lucky crit.
    So...I'm kinda hoping this won't be fixed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Well...the only ways I can pwn a rogue in 1v1s are:
    1. Hope to kill the rogue before he/she reaches the health packs.
    2. Hope the health packs don't work and I get a lucky crit.
    So...I'm kinda hoping this won't be fixed!
    Lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Once I see a rogue reach their health packs I pull back and force them to either heal or follow me. HPs are nice in the aspect u can have you're heal cooling down while not using you're heal. Due to this I think health packs are balanced and because rogues have some minor healing skills outside of health packs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Also, the annoying fact that sometimes a charged skill will not fire is especially frustrating in PvP.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

A couple points:

Sorcerers heal also frequently enough fails in PvP to be annoying. Especially with charged lifegiver.

Despite your improved ping it may still be due to delay between when you actually die and when you see yourself die. I can't tell you how often I see the green rings of lifegiver casting around my dead body when I am lying on the floor. It begs the question: how does a dead sorcerer cast a spell? Again although I typically have an excellent connection, ping does vary, and even with an excellent ping there is probably enough delay that you are dead on the server but appear alive on your device and are able to still cast a skill or run over a health pack even though you are already technically dead.

Also, aren't rogues already strong enough in PvP? I think things are pretty balanced for now. It seems to me that there has to be some tradeoff for a rogue having excellent killing ability, able to frequently one shot enemies. I think that it is only reasonable the the defensive/healing skills of the rogue are somewhat weaker.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Not really a glitch, its when opponent stuns you as soon as you release your finger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cremated:1172804
    Not really a glitch, its when opponent stuns you as soon as you release your finger
    sometimes it happens in an open space too, without anyone attacking you.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Honestly the heal packs are really op if u think about it. They can lay them down before the fight even starts and the cool down is already ticking, unlike wars and mages, where they usually use it when the hp gets below 75%. Kinda annoying when a rouge can charge a killing shot AND run to save their puny life.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolf17 View Post
    Honestly the heal packs are really op if u think about it. They can lay them down before the fight even starts and the cool down is already ticking, unlike wars and mages, where they usually use it when the hp gets below 75%. Kinda annoying when a rouge can charge a killing shot AND run to save their puny life.
    Wolf is right, its so damn annoying. They get to be killers AND healers? Wtf?
    Ive had the same problem as grimmy, I usually heal as soon as I die not to mention the stupid 2 seconds for the shield to pop up can just aabout kill me.
    Rogues need weaknesses...

Sent using scattered leaves on a windy day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Even though we get the CD and the shoot and heal advantage, the packs are useless if youre stunned or 80% slowed by shiloh, an advantage for a disadvantage. Also the other two classes have 2sec invulnerability, so dont you think its fair?
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

BETTER QUESTION: Why do you have health packs in pve?

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and try and answer for Onestrike... because she doesn't feel like respecing for 5plat everyday depending on whether a nice pve group is available or she just wants to pvp?

Also (it's been mentioned before by thoughtful developers) the problem with increasing the pick up radius is that sometimes those packs get bunched together. We don't want to pick up 2 packs when we only meant to pick up 1. That's the difficulty in increasing the pick up radius. How often do packs get bunched together for you? It happens to me all the time.
    Last edited by Jexetta; 07-11-2013 at 10:20 AM.
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Even though we get the CD and the shoot and heal advantage, the packs are useless if youre stunned or 80% slowed by shiloh, an advantage for a disadvantage. Also the other two classes have 2sec invulnerability, so dont you think its fair?
    Sorcerer's and warrior's heals are also useless when you are stunned too as you cannot cast them! Hmm and 2 sec invulnerability, many may dissagree, but I personally don't think that it really makes that much of a difference. A good rogue will sneak up on me and kill me before I even have my shield up, or will just wait for the invulnerability to wear off if my shield is already up. For a bad rogue, hmmm, I often dont even need to put up my shield to kill them. Nevertheless, all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. I think things are pretty balanced and fair as they are. I think buffing the health packs for rogues would tip things too far in favor of the rogues. You cannot deny that as things stand a good rogue most often has the most kills at the end of a match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    You cannot deny that as things stand a good rogue most often has the most kills at the end of a match.
    Because that is how it is intended to be.... All three characters serve a different purpose in pve and pvp. They are not suppose to be equals in ability. Unfortunately, so many people do not understand this.

Stun imo is way op. But that is for another thread...

The fail on health packs and heals does need to addressed though. It isnt just rogue health packs that are failing.
    Chilicrush - Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I often die as warrio as I release hor. Kinda funny as I'll still be standing there with 0% health and blowing a horn -.-
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy:1173906
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Sorcerer's and warrior's heals are also useless when you are stunned too as you cannot cast them! Hmm and 2 sec invulnerability, many may dissagree, but I personally don't think that it really makes that much of a difference. A good rogue will sneak up on me and kill me before I even have my shield up, or will just wait for the invulnerability to wear off if my shield is already up. For a bad rogue, hmmm, I often dont even need to put up my shield to kill them. Nevertheless, all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. I think things are pretty balanced and fair as they are. I think buffing the health packs for rogues would tip things too far in favor of the rogues. You cannot deny that as things stand a good rogue most often has the most kills at the end of a match.
    I meant by my post, to keep everything as it is not buff rogues.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    I love health packs in the Arena.