Thread: call of duty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default call of duty

Hey guys im just trying to figure something out, when playing call of duty do u message the other player with the word "go" before you shoot each other? Cause I havent gotten any of those messages so I guess my real question is, isnt it common practice to just go around killing whoever you can? And if you wanted a go system, just make a locked room? I just dont understand. Ive been around pl for almost 3 yrs, and just started with lower lvl pvping, I seem to enjoy it I like the ffa style, yes many cryers and many trash talkers but its seems fun. So if any one knows a good group of lower level pvpers lemme know im pm? My pvp guys are a lvl 26 for and lvl 34 bird thanks

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Yes, this has been an issue for several months. I hate the "go" system, and "rushing" is a great way to ruin your "in-game reputation." Notice how I have so many quotation marks because these terms were created by us players, and now people actually believe that not following these rules are either disrespectful, unfair, or simply a rebel/jerk.

Just find a guild with people that enjoy PvP, lock the game, and FFA with them. It's a lot more fun - but aside from that, I've always disliked the go system.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Organzied PvP matches are the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Its so hard to find decent and respectful players that wont spawn camp on you :/ I dont mind double teaming when a bunch are around but some ppl just ruin it. I just started doin any pvp and I enjoy it just wish there were more "normal" ppl
    Ps anyone else here pvp at the 26 or 34 area?

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I really love a good Ctf FFA game in Rockwall forts, I can't explain it, but it's awesome!
    Some things are so good and awesome, you can't even explain it.
    I pvp at 35-40 and 56.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    I really love a good Ctf FFA game in Rockwall forts, I can't explain it, but it's awesome!
    Some things are so good and awesome, you can't even explain it.
    I pvp at 35-40 and 56.
    Maybe ill bring my bird to 40 and add u

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I think the people that only like the Go system and cry about FFA are the ones that are worried about their KD. That's why I've moved onto AL, as everything is FFA right now. Hopefully they don't adopt the Go system, as it is so much more fun "rushing." But good luck with Go in PL. >.>

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Maybe they should set-up the PvP arenas the same way CTF is set-up: Have two spawn areas and once each area is full, both teams agree to "start", just like in Rockwall Forts. From there, you FFA til you can't FFA anymore. STS should also raise the winning total to 40-50 so the games don't end in 60 seconds.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider:1185818
    Maybe they should set-up the PvP arenas the same way CTF is set-up: Have two spawn areas and once each area is full, both teams agree to "start", just like in Rockwall Forts. From there, you FFA til you can't FFA anymore. STS should also raise the winning total to 40-50 so the games don't end in 60 seconds.
    This.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    This exactly. The rooms should be able to fill up, and everyone has ten seconds to press a "Ready to FFA!" button. If the player doesn't press (a troll) then they're automatically booted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    There's just one flaw.

Why? Because the minute people start losing in Rockwell Forts, people start to drop. And then all of a sudden you've got a 2v3. Then the losing team will demand that the other team have 1 person "sit" or leave and the whole system would fall apart. I hate to say it, but the overwhelming majority of people who are implicated are the types that simply cannot stand losing in PvP.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    There's just one flaw.

Why? Because the minute people start losing in Rockwell Forts, people start to drop. And then all of a sudden you've got a 2v3. Then the losing team will demand that the other team have 1 person "sit" or leave and the whole system would fall apart. I hate to say it, but the overwhelming majority of people who are implicated are the types that simply cannot stand losing in PvP.
    Never said it was perfect. No matter what is implemented, kids/out-of-touch-adults are going to get upset at something. Just a suggestion to improve what does exist.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Ctf I prefer Ffa just no spawning...

Pvp I prefer the go system so there's less conflict and rage and...
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

There's a time for everything.

When your fighting based on 'go' system, you get bored and decided to do either FFA or CTF.

When your playing FFA/CTF, you got tired, care about kdr, or teamers and spawners, you decide to stop.

So, balance is the best.