Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Low Level PvP VS. High Level PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyou View Post
    Not entirely true; my 20 talon bear can beat all but the best fbow users at that level. The real issue is that new players don't even TRY fighting without fbows; they either assume it's impossible or give it a shot once or twice before returning to their shiny OP bow. I think if people worried a bit less about the numbers on their profile and a bit more about increasing their skills with different weapons, we would have much less of a problem with fbows. Yes, they're extremely overpowered, but they aren't the end of the world. Most people will fight you with your weapon of choice (talon, paw, xbow, etc); only the really new players will insist on an fbow fight.
    Not even extremely overpowered, the reason why the fbows win is simply because of the hit percent debuff it has. This is probably also the reason why a 20 bear can beat an fbow bear most of the time, simply because the hell scream debuffs the hit%. I bet if they just removed the procs from the new weapons, complaints would decrease by ALOT.

And to the people who think you must have fbow, you don't. Most decent PvPers (bears) can talon any fbow simply because of the added crit% pushing it over 50%, and at that threshold it seems to crit ALOT more than 49%, 48% lol. It makes no sense but once you try it, you will see. Well at least we can talon them until the hit debuff activates.

REMOVE THE DEBUFF!
    REMOVE THE DEBUFF!
    REMOVE THE DEBUFF!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

its not about endgame vs twinkig its about higher lvl vs lower level PvP, actually higher lvl PvP is quite decent than lower level until "extra dodge" and "OP" DMG ruins it.

I totally disagree with the point that lower lvl requires more knowledge and skills actually its totally opposite, lower lvl is mostly utilizing class benifts for that particular level. for example low level dex bears depends mostly on auto, don't disagree its the fact, bears maxed their buff and get that huge DMG and DPS buff then combine it with high damaging bow that is not small at all for low level, similarly mages full crit buffs at particular points makes it op similarly as birds dodge buff, its not everything just an example.

also everything I talked in my earlier post and this one, I actually talked about pre-forggotten era.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-24-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Dis gam sux. I gu tou Roonscayp.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It does require more knowledge and skill on how to utilize your benefits. Your argument is making me lolwut.
    Does not other classes at endgame have much more powerful buffs to take advantage of and utilize? what is it now, 9 points, 8 points? 7? I don't know.
    And that is the sad fact. They keep adding more skill points to the skills. Why? because the levels are getting so high that they can almost put all points into all important skills. You can almost max everything important and have good skill build. The lower and lower you get, the more options you have to choose from. Instead of "hmm...i'll just max all the important skills like rage beckon stomp evade, etc and then have less points in the minor ones like restore" It's more like crap, I've got to decide now whether I'd like to kite bears or become legit mage vs mage pvper. 6 light? 6 fire? Both? Do I want to be good counter? Do I want to be good one shot nuke? We have more play styles to choose from.

I understand your point of the buffs, which is why my favorite class is still 15 mage. no buffs, no high damage, just grind it out through your build and play style. So fun!

EDIT: Sorry I couldn't present my thoughts clearer I was just confused on how you could make that argument.
    Last edited by loliamsocool; 07-24-2013 at 10:18 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to loliamsocool For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    its not about endgame vs twinkig its about higher lvl vs lower level PvP, actually higher lvl PvP is quite decent than lower level until "extra dodge" and "OP" DMG ruins it.

I totally disagree with the point that lower lvl requires more knowledge and skills actually its totally opposite, lower lvl is mostly utilizing class benifts for that particular level. for example low level dex bears depends mostly on auto, don't disagree its the fact, bears maxed their buff and get that huge DMG and DPS buff then combine it with high damaging bow that is not small at all for low level, similarly mages full crit buffs at particular points makes it op similarly as birds dodge buff, its not everything just an example.

also everything I talked in my earlier post and this one, I actually talked about pre-forggotten era.
    I separate this game into 4 sections of PvP. Endgame (71+), Upper twinking (50-70), Mid twinking (30-45), and low twinking (10-26). The omitted levels have to few people to be of consequence.
    Low level twinking, yes, it's extremely simple to learn. Max buffs to win. Easy. But taking that level range and calling all non 50+ level PvP like that is stupid. Bears will always only be a one trick pony (not exactly, but you get my point, yes?). I hardly see how beckon stomp win is any better than press auto attack. But like I mentioned, 30-35 requires a lot of knowledge of the class you play. You need to know what gear best suits your skill build, and what skill build best suits you. 50-55 PvP has the best combat balance, that's true, but it does not require much knowledge of a class's skills, as you can basically max any relevant skills. And don't even get me started about endgame.. 56 and up has a huge problem with armor balancing, so that's where I consider the sets to fall out of sync. Pretty small window of balance if you ask me.

I don't think you have done much twinking, otherwise you would realize how much skill twinks actually require. If you haven't, then I don't think you can really make an accurate argument about this.

And ninja'd.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 07-24-2013 at 10:24 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    I separate this game into 4 sections of PvP. Endgame (71+), Upper twinking (50-70), Mid twinking (30-45), and low twinking (10-26). The omitted levels have to few people to be of consequence.
    Low level twinking, yes, it's extremely simple to learn. Max buffs to win. Easy. But taking that level range and calling all non 50+ level PvP like that is stupid. Bears will always only be a one trick pony (not exactly, but you get my point, yes?). I hardly see how beckon stomp win is any better than press auto attack. But like I mentioned, 30-35 requires a lot of knowledge of the class you play. You need to know what gear best suits your skill build, and what skill build best suits you. 50-55 PvP has the best combat balance, that's true, but it does not require much knowledge of a class's skills, as you can basically max any relevant skills. 56 and up has a huge problem with armor balancing, so that's where I consider the sets to fall out of sync. Pretty small window if you ask me.

I don't think you have done much twinking, otherwise you would realize how much skill twinks actually require. If you haven't, then I don't think you can really make an accurate argument about this.

I love you you are now best forumer lolol, pls grace ur soul on 15 mage and bless our humble village.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

keep lol-ing, Lolz. u actually missed the point its not about getting more skill points on buffs. its getting different skills on different levels for different classes and just utilizing it, that makes that particular class op for that level range thus making unbalance for all the classes for that particular level range. example was stated before so please read it carefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

keep lol-ing, Lolz. u actually missed the point its not about getting more skill points on buffs. its getting different skills on different levels for different classes and just utilizing it, that makes that particular class op for that level range thus making unbalance for all the classes for that particular level range. example was stated before so please read it carefully.
    You're doing it again. You're calling 24- PvP the same as all twinking levels..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Exactly, I did. Does not at 15 the only thing without buffs are mages?
    At 76, all classes have buffs. The only levels that you can apply it to then are 10-19, when mages finally get buffs. Referring to the rest of low level pvp is not valid to your argument at all since, mages receive tank buff at 20, and actually win birds with it.

Also, it's pretty balanced for mages, they can kite bears easily and kill mages in 1v1, which represented a large portion of the community...before forg at least.

Thank u sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Low level twinking, yes, it's extremely simple to learn. Max buffs to win. Easy. But taking that level range and calling all non 50+ level PvP like that is stupid. Bears will always only be a one trick pony (not exactly, but you get my point, yes?). I hardly see how beckon stomp win is any better than press auto attack. But like I mentioned, 30-35 requires a lot of knowledge of the class you play. You need to know what gear best suits your skill build, and what skill build best suits you. 50-55 PvP has the best combat balance, that's true, but it does not require much knowledge of a class's skills, as you can basically max any relevant skills. And don't even get me started about endgame.. 56 and up has a huge problem with armor balancing, so that's where I consider the sets to fall out of sync. Pretty small window of balance if you ask me.

And ninja'd.
    let's get straight to it.

lol, thus you're calling a lvl range most balanced where mages are op, and you play as mage. obviously its balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

And ninja'd.
    let's get straight to it.

lol, thus you're calling a lvl range most balanced where mages are op, and you play as mage. obviously its balanced.
    What are you talking about? Mages are not OP in sewers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

y it should be? l50 range is most classy levels. we talked about l30-35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

y it should be? l50 range is most classy levels. we talked about l30-35
    Ah, swamps? Sure, mages are strongest there. I never said anything about it being the best balanced level range.. I just said it was an extremely versatile level, and it requires more knowledge about classes. And just because my main 35 was a Voodoo doesn't mean I haven't played anything else. I had a Warbird, Copperbear, and Terrer Bear, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

so what's the point of agreement? O.o

l50 range can't be consider as low level, even literally l38 is mid lvl, though IMO anything less than l50 should be consider as low level from a particular point of view.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-24-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I'd pick high level, as it has more mature players in comparison to low level. Anything 50 and up has a great variety of class and spec combinations as well (pallies, int mages, dex mages, int bears, str/dex mixed bears, int birds, dexbirds, and warbirds) as more actual CTF games. It's more fast paced and less trash talk overall. Forgotten bows just made everyone become full dex in low level and variety was killed, also causing more unique specs become closer to becoming extinct. Generally more immature and younger players play low level because it's dirt cheap (wasn't as cheap pre recipe drop nerf haha) and because it's not such a hassle to level and more new players are still leveling. The community used to be more hospitable to noobs but most of the older players quit and few players willing to help the new players remain. In my opinion, I just like "rushing" or fast paced FFA/CTF so I prefer high level. I fully agree with Trent and Notyo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pfft that friend of your said low level players are rich? LOL.

In my opinion preforg low levels (20-40) was much more fun than high levels. Forgs ruined it, high level is more fun now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Low level gear costs significantly less than high level gear assuming its not Xmas gear..200k for an fbow :/

High level actually requires more skill and attention and more mature...I prefer l50-61 pvp and endgame ctf
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvpTwink View Post
    Low level gear costs significantly less than high level gear assuming its not Xmas gear..200k for an fbow :/
    Of course it does. Wasn't always like that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePvpTwink View Post
    High level actually requires more skill and attention and more mature...I prefer l50-61 pvp and endgame ctf
    Yes, endgame requires more attention. But the only "skill" you need in endgame is the ability to see 12 meters.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I didn't bother myself by reading any of the comments, or even the second half of your thread. Low lvl PvPers don't necessarily have to be rich, since the gear generally costs less than a mil (which is, nowadays, considered close to nothing). And, since you said high lvl PvPers are skilled, you made me laugh even harder than he did with the first part (which was, partly, true). Since endgame gear costs, in fact, way more than a mil (assuming it's about 3-5mil now), you could say all an endgamer needs is gold, which can be obtained by stupid farming (as most of them obtain it ), and endgame PvP requires no skill at all ever since 71 cap. It's one ability fights, or, as I prefer to refer to it, ''Blast GF'' fights. So, yeah, endgamers are nothing but dummy, cocky farmers, unless they have a twink between 35-66. Low lvl PvP did require a lot of skill before fbows, and it still does, sort of. People who aren't using fbows need more skill to beat those who are, so it got divided into 2 general groups, pros and noobs. I'd say bears require no skill, and they never have, since it's all about crits. Class that does require skill though, mages, got nearly taken over by fbows. Here's the conclusion: Mages: 1-21 - noobs, 22-35 - good, unless using fbows, 50-65 - if they can win, they're good, regardless of the gear, 66+ noobs, I personally only use my 66s to rush other 66s who rushed my 56-61s. Bears: 1-34 - noobs, 35 copper bears - should be considered good, although it's very luck based, 50-65 - good, with an exception of dexbears, 66+ noobs. Birds: 1-76 all noobs, birds take no skill at all (although I do have some birds), it's all just luck, with that stupid dodge and whatnot... So, yeah, if you want to play PvP level range that actually does require some skill, go for 50-65, with an addition of a 66 to rush other 66s who rushed your lower level twinks. Cocky endgame nooby blast gf pros, bring your hate on!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fortal123 View Post
    I didn't bother myself by reading any of the comments, or even the second half of your thread. Low lvl PvPers don't necessarily have to be rich, since the gear generally costs less than a mil (which is, nowadays, considered close to nothing). And, since you said high lvl PvPers are skilled, you made me laugh even harder than he did with the first part (which was, partly, true). Since endgame gear costs, in fact, way more than a mil (assuming it's about 3-5mil now), you could say all an endgamer needs is gold, which can be obtained by stupid farming (as most of them obtain it ), and endgame PvP requires no skill at all ever since 71 cap. It's one ability fights, or, as I prefer to refer to it, ''Blast GF'' fights. So, yeah, endgamers are nothing but dummy, cocky farmers, unless they have a twink between 35-66. Low lvl PvP did require a lot of skill before fbows, and it still does, sort of. People who aren't using fbows need more skill to beat those who are, so it got divided into 2 general groups, pros and noobs. I'd say bears require no skill, and they never have, since it's all about crits. Class that does require skill though, mages, got nearly taken over by fbows. Here's the conclusion: Mages: 1-21 - noobs, 22-35 - good, unless using fbows, 50-65 - if they can win, they're good, regardless of the gear, 66+ noobs, I personally only use my 66s to rush other 66s who rushed my 56-61s. Bears: 1-34 - noobs, 35 copper bears - should be considered good, although it's very luck based, 50-65 - good, with an exception of dexbears, 66+ noobs. Birds: 1-76 all noobs, birds take no skill at all (although I do have some birds), it's all just luck, with that stupid dodge and whatnot... So, yeah, if you want to play PvP level range that actually does require some skill, go for 50-65, with an addition of a 66 to rush other 66s who rushed your lower level twinks. Cocky endgame nooby blast gf pros, bring your hate on!!!
    You have a few good points, but if you had read the comments you would have noticed that they've all been said already. Also, many people will simply disregard your post because of the first sentence. I mean, you didn't even finish reading the very first post.. Really?