Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Rockin Retro Gear Contest - ENTER HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Accomplished View Post
    Who's doing that?
    Is that allowed?
    Around 1/3 of everyone who entered so far lol.
    I also have a REALLY nice looking secondary fashion costume that I'd love to enter as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Around 1/3 of everyone who entered so far lol.
    And I'm face palming every time I see someone who does. :x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Best Gear In all of Jerusalem

IGN- Honor
    The items I have chosen are some of the most unique and elite items in the game.. They give off this vibe of power & make you look ever so stunning! All of these items are rarely seen or used, but one man who used them was Jesus.. The man who saved us all and who also had a bunch of little sheep.. Which is why we should all use these items, to be more like Jesus.
    Helm-Jewel Thief's Archery Cap (Aka Jesus' cap of miracles)
    Weapon-Combat Cane (Aka Jesus' cane of teaching)
    Armor-Red Leather Armor of Speed (Aka Jesus' immortal plate)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  154.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  160.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  79.1 KB

And as you can clearly see, this gear gives you godlike strength, allowing you to kill endlessly without dying?!
    You know what to do.... WWJD
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

(Vanities) frosty top hat/deep mountain armor/winter 2012 pretty present/ and pet as coal balloon. (And armor is glyph charm set not really festive but it does make it look like an end boss suit in nuri's areas. Though I am thinking of fitting it with a dex prest set:/.

This festive setup should be brought back in maybe a later festive (xmas kinda time) update I feel most never got the chance to see what the combined set would look like (this is also due to people always asking me how I got the items in this here vanity set and that most of the items where gone in 3 days time). Seeing it retro done I could imagine would make the suit hat and present look amazing (since it already looks pretty dam cool to start with) on top of that it could maybe fit into maybe a new (deep mountain update/ if there is one) kinda thing so ya something to also think about if its chosen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Well, I decided to enter again.

Name of your character in-game: Ripwhalz
    Name of the item(s): L70 Islander's Tiki Hula Headdress, Apep Sunkiller Staff of Isis, L60 Glyph Cloth of Charmin', Dark Mage [Face]
    Helmet Item Name: L70 Islander's Tiki Hula Headdress
    Armor Item Name: L60 Glyph Cloth of Charmin'
    Weapon Item Name: Apep Sunkiller Staff of Isis
    Brief description why you think these items are the best Rockin' Retro Gear to be made into new versions.
    This is a wide variety of pink items found throughout different levels of Pocket Legends.
    What really persuaded me into choosing this as a contest entry was the sheer simplicity of each item's design.
    My contest submission was designed after a purple-mystique theme that is displayed through the careful incorporation of three pinks.
    The Hula Headdress is a simple purple-colored flowered wreath that accessorizes the player. It is both casual and vibrant.
    The Apep Sunkiller Staff has a very pristine light blue look to it, as well as its luminescent effect, which further portrays the mystical nature of the gear.
    Finally, a set centered around mystical gear is not complete without the flawless Glyph Cloth- its blue hieroglyphs in its center evoke a secretive look.
    The scene in which I took my picture, the first map of Alien Oasis II, is enveloped in darkness but slightly illuminated by the shadowy, perhaps hi-tech, futuristic portal and the dim glow of the Apep Sunkiller staff.
    The lush tropical palm tree scenery compliments the background of desert sand and darkness with a paradoxical fashion- always the expected environment of one who wears such gear of mystique.

But there is much more than looks that led me to this entry.
    It was also the memory and experiences that pertained to each respective level campaign that these items hailed from.
    The Apep Sunkiller Staff was always a favorite during its prime age, a strong and intimidating weapon, yet it has nearly all but disappeared today.
    The Glyph Cloth reminds me of a time back when I first started playing Endgame Enchantress in PvP and PvE as my main.
    And without a doubt, the Tiki Headdress reminds me of TechnoEmail and her incredible and crazy, yet appreciated and adored designs- most of her masterpieces are now known as the Humania Campaign pink gear.

While the looks may certainly appeal to many fashion-seekers, in the end, I hold true significance in this gear because of its sentimental meaning to me and many other older players of Pocket Legends.
    Without any doubts, this is certainly what I believe to be the "best" Rockin' Retro gear to be resurrected.

Thank you,
    -Whirlzap
    Last edited by Whirlzap; 07-29-2013 at 02:57 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirlzap For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Here's my entry as three pics in one.

Name:  composite.png
Views: 506
Size:  457.6 KB

IGN: Fusionstrike
    Helmet: Mystery Helm of the Ancients (str)
    Armor: Mystery Armor of the Ancients (str)
    Weapons: Laser Talon of the Void, Crafted Sanguine Chiroptera Fangs, Orcish Wildfire bow of Doom
    Why:
    Everyone wants to look cool, and this armor set always seemed cool to me. Sadly, it's not good enough compared to other sets for many people to use it (and you have to quest and spend plat on it to boot), so I rarely see it around. But if you saw someone who looked like that coming after you, I bet you'd run away. And the weapons, well, they just remind me of some of the last things you might see before a futuristic ninja takes you out.

And of course I wouldn't want to leave out some giant sword from the mix. So here's my pick.

Name:  scim.png
Views: 384
Size:  88.8 KB

Weapon: Tiki God's Sand Walker Scimitar
    Why: Perfect for applying to the face of any bad guy you encounter around Alterra. Who's going to stick around to be slammed with this flaming monstrosity?

(P.S. I would have put my cyber str set in as my entry but cyber stuff is already well-represented in this thread it seems. That would be a great choice for dusting off too.)
    Last edited by Fusionstrike; 07-29-2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Remove extra attachment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name of Character: Lorkep (he's my alt)
    Helm: Reptilian Helm of the Big Top
    Weapon: Pharoahs Sword of Horus
    Armour: Mynas Plate of Legend
    Shield: Kite Shield

The future set bonus would be sand colored smoke all around the character. One of the main reasons I love this set is because of the personal value it holds
    to me. Also it just looks awesome I think it would be awesome if the kite shield could come back except with better stats. It was always one of my favorite shields. This would be reffered to as "Royal Pharaoh's Kite shield set".
    Also, devs/mods or whatever: in the miraculous event that this set wins a place, could I please have the plat awarded to Superapper? Lorkep is my alt. just figured the set would look better on a bear.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Superapper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Thumbs up My Entry for Retro!

Say hello to Snowfu, my character in Pocket Legends!! Here you will find his retro gear!

First here is his armor Mitas Dragon Master Armor.
    Next we have his helm, Chiroptera Helm of the Dead, along with his vanity helmet, Golem Worshipper Mask.
    Third we have his shield, Sanguine Chiroptera Bat Wing.
    Fourth is his weapon, Scarab Blade of Legend.

Now you're probably asking yourself why I would think this is retro. First is because I dont believe in simple. I want things to be big, huge, EPIC!!!!
    Thats exactly what this combination does. I think that it is a perfect example of how whimsy and Pocket Legends can combine to make a great costume.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name:  Screenshot_2013-07-29-18-30-05.png
Views: 340
Size:  224.5 KB
    Name of your character in-game: Rafakh
    Armor Item Name: conqueror warthquake plate
    Weapon Item Name: Conqueror eartquake hammer
    The sandstone itens are nice at all, but this hammer are incridble nice... is like a 2H weapon used in only one hand
    Last edited by rafakh; 07-30-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Name:  SC20130729-154340.png
Views: 370
Size:  498.6 KB

hooch hat cuz i can carry more
    fishing pole---to catch fish hullooooo
    my special brew--hehehehe
    armor-cosmo cuz it matches my hat

my fav cuz its a relaxing day in pl-fishing friends n stuff

Quick! Staring contest...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Rockin Retro Gear Contest - ENTER HERE!

Ign: Itsmybirthday ( sorry i couldn't post pics, my pic app is screwed up :P)
    Helm: Legends halo (vanity)
    Armor: Legends armor (vanity)
    Shield: Legends shield (vanity)
    I think that the angelic gear idea for the fang cappers and 50 $ spenders was a good idea. But there was one thing i did not enjoy. The set doesn't sparkle in any way! I thought that having the sets sparkle would be too much, but maybe the vanity agnelic gear. It would be a cool factor to have a sparkling set to those who deserved it awhile ago, especially for their low lvl alts who dont have as much sets that sparkle at such low lvls.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Bilaxman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Name of your character in-game: Bilaxman

Name of the item(s):
    Helmet Item Name: Hula Dancer's Tiki Hula Headdress
    Armor Item Name: Dreamer's Bone Cloth
    Weapon Item Name: Glow Stick of Shadows

Name:  IMG_0281.jpg
Size:  37.8 KB

Brief description why you think these items are the best Rockin' Retro Gear to be made into new versions.

These items, though they are not pairs, are a melange of PL's history. The bone cloth is from the lower level campaigns and is one of my favorite armors. The glow stick would be an awesome end game item because it stands out from the rest of the weapons. The headdress on the other hand, a recent addition, would be nice to have as a vanity because it can pair with the bouquets or stand out alone as a pretty item.

Interested in joining <The Community Guild>? Click here!
    AL Index of Guides | PL Index of Guides | SL Index of Guides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Lightbulb

My previous entry was about making old items into new items as set.

Now this entry is about, bring old awesome items into vanities, I won't do it for birds cause it may seem like I doing too many, so doing it for two other main class.

IGN : waug

Mage armor vanity : Fiery Leathers
    Name:  fiery366686138.png
Size:  155.7 KB

Mage helm vanity : Tiki God's Sand skipper headdress
    Name:  tiki-852861036.png
Views: 371
Size:  165.5 KB

Description : If we look at the enchantress then compare em with other clasess then its clear that mages meant to look beautiful, cute etc, so I tried to find good items that carry forward that legecy, this armor and helm will rock on mages as vanities and I think players obviously do difficult quests to achieve this vanities and wear it with the set.

Bear Armor Vanity : Nuri's Merrymaker Blouse

Name:  Screenshot_2013-07-29-22-53-11~01352401533.png
Views: 344
Size:  142.2 KB

Bear Helm Vanity : Crafted Orlok's chiroptera helm
    Name:  orlok-282634610.png
Views: 353
Size:  136.0 KB

Description : Bears are meant look solid and well protected in term of armor. The vanity armor looks gorgeous, and the red sign on it feels the danger, this item was introduced lately but it would be an awesome retro I'm quite sure. now about the helm.
    Once it was a dream for me to get that helm, it feels well protect the weak part of a healthy bear, though I feel if devs recolor it and make it gold colored then it would be awesome, I personally would do several hundred runs to complete the quest which give these vanity items obviously if I had a bear that level.
    Last edited by Waug; 07-29-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

IGN: Rightarcheer

- Helm: Warbringer Helm (Vanity Helm: Carrot Nose :P)
    - Weapon: Winter Fest Tinsel Talon
    - Armor: Rageborn Plate of Destiny
    - Shield: Crafted Sanguine Bat Wing

Name:  IMG_0942[1].PNG
Views: 674
Size:  357.9 KB

I call this fiery-red suit as '' RED DEVIL ''.
    So.. How can this suit be the best rocking gear? Well this suit devastates their opponent with all the red-coloring :P
    It would be cool to have a variety of color combinations with gear which stands out from the other.
    Also I haven't seen any same kind of gear or maybe it's just because red ins't the latest fashion uh? (I'd choose this gear if I would be the devil, Lol).
    Thank You for reading & watching my submission!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Elderblain
    Helmet: Nuri's prestidigitator top hat
    Staff: Dreamer's banjo blaster
    Armor: cyber armor of the cosmos
    Helmet is pretty cool. Looks like the hat of the guitarrist Slash

Armor fits with the color of hat and bring a magic touch

Banjo I would like that it will be an electric guitar and blast electric damage or fire... More Rock and roll of course

I'm looks so really handsome almost a famous rocker... LoL!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...psec9fea9e.png

Elderblain
    I forget Copy the direct Link of my pic... is here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  189.7 KB

American eagle :3

Vanity helmet: united states button
    Vanity shield: united states emblem
    Armor: shivering frozen yeti leather
    Weapon: shivering ice talon
    Name in the game: Remqved (lvl 35)
    Description: just show how you are strong by using talon : don't use fbow !!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Ign Razer

Items-
    Overlords helmet of the rift
    Winter fest Peppermint pounder
    And tiki gods warrior swathe

So I thought why not this bad *** classic helmet mixed with the best looking hammer in the game right below the rift hammer and then what better than the ninja turtle armor? It goes pretty well to me after all not too many people have actually seen one of these hammers? I wouldn't mind it coming back sine people but me too much!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/...ps30d802a6.png

Elderblain
    Helmet Nuri's prestidigitator top hat Dreamer's banjo blaster and cyber armor of the cosmos.

Helmet is pretty cool looks like the hat of the guitarrist Slash
    Armor fits with color of hat and bring a magic touch!
    Banjo I would like that it will be an electric guitar and was electric or fire... More rock and roll of course.
    I'm looks so really handsome!
    Almost a rocker... Lol!

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Name:  SC20110102-154942-1.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  7.4 KB

Name of my character in-game: Sciazaratek

Name of the items:

Helmet Item Name: Pa's Lucky Memorial Cap (2012)

Armor Item Name: Merrymaker Shirt

Weapon Item Name: Toyman Wand
    (Ignore the Shield)

Brief description:

First off the weapon:
    The wand is actually really, and I mean really an old design. If I'm not mistaken it's from the very first Christmas Event 3 Years ago. Well that's just a fact - what I think about it is way further.
    Since I have ever seen it I always wanted one because of the very funny and epic look! (I have always something for funny items )

I know this wand had a comeback in the last Christmas but I would really love to see it again drop-able. Also if I may suggest a re-color idea: A new hat or face color would be pretty awesome in my opinion!

Regarding the Merrymaker Armor, well, like the Toyman Wand I think this armor looks pretty funny - I mean heck it's a clown suit!
    I now the armor isn't really that old and would probably not really count as retro but the armor should not fade away, I never see many of those in a town. The design is too epic to let it "forgotten"!

If I may suggest a color change, the armor in aqua-marin blue would look pretty epic!

Lastly the Pa's Lucky Memorial cap from the Memorial weekend in 2012.

This hat had many names: Examples are Milk Man hat, Police Officer or the
    Boeing 747 Captain's hat.
    I directly purchased the hat back then together with the first Dragon Armor and Helmet as vanities and never regreted it, it brought me much luck in the weekend because of that 40% Bonus (if I remember right), also it always brings me a lot attention in a town because not many people have it nor have ever seen it before.

That was a little off-topic, the reason why I would like to see it brought back is because It's really retro in my eyes and would be super awesome if it sees a come-back as well!

I know the hat is a vanity and probably against the rules, I just don't have the possibility to shoot a newer screenshot - I'm on vacation and this is the only screenie of my favourite items which I have at moment.

My alternative choose would be the Merrymaker Hair of Mimicry (the clown hair) this is by FAR my most favorite helmet in the game, reason is of course the funny look.

If I can I will send a screenshot of it.

Well that's DocDoBig's/Sciazaratek's entry for the contest!
    Last edited by DocDoBig; 07-30-2013 at 03:39 PM.

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here