Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mage shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    And a mage doesnt just stand there when the shield is in 4sec invulnerability. The mage can easily nuke a rogue in 4 seconds - them being unharmed....Common sense isnt common anymore :/
    1) Shield invulnerability is 2 seconds and not 4
    2) Aimed shot has a 2 second cool down vs lightning which has a 3 second cool down. So in 6 seconds, mage can only fire off 2 lightnings where rogue can fire 3. And rogues 2nd or 3rd aim shot will be a one shot kill because of stacking crit

Rogues have all of the advantages, and you can't kill a squishy mage? Maybe its not the mages shield thats the problem.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Mages were severly underpowered in the past seasons and this is simply a chance for them to survive in pvp.

I don't think there were any rogues who complained that they were OP and wished to be nerfed. Everyone wants their class to be boosted, but at the slightest threat that they might be losing their effectiveness, they become very defensive.

Though it seems highly unfair that sorcs have to charge the majority of their skills to get their benefits...
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear:1209581
    And a mage doesnt just stand there when the shield is in 4sec invulnerability. The mage can easily nuke a rogue in 4 seconds - them being unharmed....Common sense isnt common anymore :/
    1) Shield invulnerability is 2 seconds and not 4 I quoted a post that said make charged shield 4sec, im giving a scenerio.
    2) Aimed shot has a 2 second cool down vs lightning which has a 3 second cool down. So in 6 seconds, mage can only fire off 2 lightnings where rogue can fire 3. And rogues 2nd or 3rd aim shot will be a one shot kill because of stacking crit A mage will have 2 seconds of invulnerability - which can atleast get a rogues hp to 50%, then after 2 secs, the mage can finish the rogue off. There are lots of scenerios.

Rogues have all of the advantages, and you can't kill a squishy mage? Maybe its not the mages shield thats the problem. You have a wholly biased view, thats why it seems rogues have all advantages. Mages arent as Underpowered as thy were L21 cap.
    replies in bold

Im just reporting a bug, Im not complaining that I cant kill a mage - I absolutely can...
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

replies in bold

Im just reporting a bug, Im not complaining that I cant kill a mage - I absolutely can...
    Come on. A lot of us are intelligent adults here. You complain about features of mages being overpowered on other threads and then you come onto this thread and say that you have no problem killing a mage but are just reporting a bug? It is not hard to see why many mages question your motives and are getting defensive. It is not a huge stretch for one to get the impression that you are making an attack on the mage class, possibly trying to get it nerfed. No offense, but I am just trying to point out what I see as pretty obvious.

Nevertheless, you are absolutely right. There is a discrepancy between the skill description and the actual skill itself, and something needs to be fixed. There is no arguing this point!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy:1209825
    replies in bold

Come on. A lot of us are intelligent adults here. You complain about features of mages being overpowered on other threads and then you come onto this thread and say that you have no problem killing a mage but are just reporting a bug? It is not hard to see why many mages question your motives and are getting defensive. It is not a huge stretch for one to get the impression that you are making an attack on the mage class, possibly trying to get it nerfed. No offense, but I am just trying to point out what I see as pretty obvious.

Nevertheless, you are absolutely right. There is a discrepancy between the skill description and the actual skill itself, and something needs to be fixed. There is no arguing this point!
    Eh I do dont i? One thing that annoys me the most is that my packs 40% fail even if I drop after fireball
    Last edited by Bless; 08-04-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Frost bolt does not freeze, just slows. time shift does not root just slows. gale force extra speed not workin while flag carrying.
    I think too much attention was paid to avoid being mages op, that leads to an underpowered class.
    Can anyone name at least one skill which not works as intented in the other 2 classes?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Very good point Hali :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otawaazavie View Post
    Very good point Hali :-)
    frost bolt description says "arctic explosion that freezes them in place", but in pvp just slows, should i report as bug what you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Frost bolt does not freeze, just slows. time shift does not root just slows. gale force extra speed not workin while flag carrying.
    I think too much attention was paid to avoid being mages op, that leads to an underpowered class.
    Can anyone name at least one skill which not works as intented in the other 2 classes?
    The reply I'm about to give is not very constructive to this thread, but answers your question, Hali:

Yes, Warrior's 15 second buff from the Juggernaut upgrade, Unstoppable (which is supposed to grant us invulnerability to all movement impairing effects), does not work consistently in PvP nor PvE. I still get stuns from Slag and fireballs, and slowed from frost bolts. I also still get snared/rooted in Nordr maps.

Disclaimer: I think Juggernaut is very powerful and not trying to argue that warriors need improvements. Just that this particular Warrior skill upgrade needs to be fine-tuned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    The reply I'm about to give is not very constructive to this thread, but answers your question, Hali:

Yes, Warrior's 15 second buff from the Juggernaut upgrade, Unstoppable (which is supposed to grant us invulnerability to all movement impairing effects), does not work consistently in PvP nor PvE. I still get stuns from Slag and fireballs, and slowed from frost bolts. I also still get snared/rooted in Nordr maps.

Disclaimer: I think Juggernaut is very powerful and not trying to argue that warriors need improvements. Just that this particular Warrior skill upgrade needs to be fine-tuned.

i use juggernaut with that unstoppable upgrade and it works as intended in pvp.
    idk about pve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post

Then something does not work well with your character, did you charge this skill?(description says it need to charge to this upgrade). Ive seen many times flagger warriors - like chiyuk, etc - just walking through 4 people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali
    Then something does not work well with your character, did you charge this skill?(description says it need to charge to this upgrade). Ive seen many times flagger warriors - like chiyuk, etc - just walking through 4 people.
    Eh, I'm pretty sure my toon is working just fine. Yes I charge it - I'm well aware of how it works. I guess I'll Fraps it to prove my point.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    frost bolt description says "arctic explosion that freezes them in place", but in pvp just slows, should i report as bug what you think?
    It's working back in 26 cap . i was just freeze for a matter of seconds and cant use any skills or normal attack / can't even run too. I think its has just a small chance to freeze in place in pvp.

On Topic: Our aimed shot's bug stacking crit for 10 seconds was reported and few days later it was applied correctly as whats the description said. So let's see what will the Devs do on these kind of bug that lasted seasons same as our crit stack for 10 sec.

We love sorcs and they are the best ally for us in battles pve/pvp but still a bug is a bug. Still the dev's have the final words in this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SkyDagger View Post
    It's working back in 26 cap . i was just freeze for a matter of seconds and cant use any skills or normal attack / can't even run too. I think its has just a small chance to freeze in place in pvp.

On Topic: Our aimed shot's bug stacking crit for 10 seconds was reported and few days later it was applied correctly as whats the description said. So let's see what will the Devs do on these kind of bug that lasted seasons same as our crit stack for 10 sec.

We love sorcs and they are the best ally for us in battles pve/pvp but still a bug is a bug. Still the dev's have the final words in this.
    No, what you talking about is the ice patch upgrade of frost bolt. With that upgrade there is a 20% chance to leaving an ice patch when someone died under frost bolt effect. If you walk into that ice patch, then you can experience a real freeze. Thats a very low chance, nobody uses that upgrade, because not really useful and not worth that skill point.

"bug is a bug" and "whats the description said" then pls worry about frost bolt, time shift and gale force skills too.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

sorry because only mage shield is the topic here. There should be another thread that focus on Skills descriptions and doesnt applied correctly in each class so devs may debate about it even in there office just to show them what they should fix in skills balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali:1210873
    "bug is a bug" and "whats the description said" then pls worry about frost bolt, time shift and gale force skills too.
    Those were intentional and not bugs, they were called off way before in January BECAUSE that would be too OP in pvp...

On that note, samael has passive banishment which doesnt intentionally work in pvp because that woule be super OP.
    Last edited by Bless; 08-05-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Those were intentional and not bugs, they were called off way before in January BECAUSE that would be too OP in pvp...

On that note, samael has passive banishment which doesnt intentionally work in pvp because that woule be super OP.
    Ahm the highlighted one what did you point out there. the Aimed shot's bug? just confused

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #58
    Spacetime Studios Dev
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts

This thread has gone far afield of it's original post, so it's getting closed. I'll look into the MS when I have time.