Thread: PVP Builds:what might work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Default PVP Builds:what might work

Hi.

I am sharing this with the intention to help others since a lot has been asking.i am not a pro player i would rate myself as decent.however if the guide helps i am glad and if you have better build than me i got no issue.you may keep it or share it up to you.

Ive received a number of of questions and request from rogues who are struggling to get the right build.some who has experience can judge how skillful a rogue is not just via gameplay but also stats.there's always a label of "noob" rogue concluded from having such under utilized stats.

The build i am sharing is my own personal build with descriptipn of how and what scenario it was used to help you refer to the situation you are in.

Disclaimer:it might not work for a duel.has been tested doesnt mean it is completely useless.but depending on ur skills to and opponent who knows how to take advantage of your weakness.so use it at your own risk.

A rogue in PVP is meant to kill.your agility makes you an ideal killing machine.having higher damage compared to other classes fit your role to murder others,however vulnerable to attacks and damage if your toon are not handled with care.

Since PVP is a teamplay you have a role to play within a team.and contantly you find yourself running out of mana or crying out for mana.honestly survivability is yet another skill for rogue how effective you are at consuming mana and make use of the mana packs or switching pets in game.why mana?to make use of your skills like aimed shot which is vital in pvp.a rogue without the ability to use their skills might just lie down on the floor and stop respawning.the build i am sharing works for me in teamplay.

Situation:fighting a team with full or at least one mhytic gears
    Gears: 0 mhytics.all legendary lvl 31
    Helm-noble helm of will/bonechill tactics
    Armour-noble helm dex version/bonechill force
    Ring-ensorcell ring of potency
    Amulet-gleipnr (swirling amulet of pots for duel but rarely)

Attributes:
    8/10 str
    15/20 int
    Rest all goes to dex.

Skills:
    Shadow piercing (consider the health cash back upgrade)
    Nox Bolt (preferable lingering poison and fragmentation.these 2 are meant for solo kill.when u lying dead the poison still runs for a cpuple of second and murder your opponent)
    Aimed Shot (max all.no excuse.)
    Medpacks (very important.a skillful rogue is the one who knows how to use his meds.preferably to take all upgrades minus trauma surgeon)

Passive:
    5/5 agi
    5/5 might
    5/5 knowledge
    1/5 crits (if theres balance can further invest here)

With mali as the reference, you should be getting somewhere along these stats:
    Hp 3k.else 2.9k.
    Mana.1.4k to 1.5k
    Dmg.270 to 290

(Ignore dps since you relying more on skills rather than normal attack)

Situation 2wning 1 or 2 or more mhytics.
    Replicate the above build only omit str build points and invest in dex or full dex.if u r lacking mana then use the same figure for int then the rest all goes to dex.if you notice int contributes to dmg too not just dex tho the ratio are lesser.

Objective:maximize damage without losing mana.assuming you are not using fang of fenrir and using gleipinr to recover some hp.

Situation 3wning full mhytics
    You can go maximum damage close to 312 with bow.however i am trying a different build as pure dex only give 1.3k mana which i dont find efficient for a teamplay. I am using 15 points on intel and the rest goes tp dex.the screenshot below is the result l.

(Pure dex is more efficient for 1v1 since u dont need to survive long.however i tested this build against tanks m wprks pretty well in a duel since u need mana survivability with high hp warriors.)

Give it a try.i hope it helps.and remember mhytics or arcane are never the reason to be overpowered.there are good rogues out there with 0 mhytics and whoop a full mhytic player likeabaws.so skill also matters which you can refer to limsyoker combo guides for tactical attacks and effective skills usage.

All the best

Notes:
    Crits points can be invested if you have extra points and i personally prefer crits than damage.however i might be wrong but crits is by chance and in pvp chance is not so reliable.i always prefer hard stats (with exception to ribbit crits buff).since everything is moving fast and fastkills so investing in crits might help or not.
    Passivr dmg is not shown in screen stats however ive tried adding it over and it is not working out for me.of course if you can spend more on dmg or crits skew attacks are desirable but overall you need balance in pvp with a hint of dmg.so other classes will run away from you even with high hp because of your balanced build that makes you ideal in either offensive or defensive situation.

Name:  Screenshot_2013-08-11-09-02-06.png
Views: 357
Size:  1.06 MB

Name:  Screenshot_2013-08-12-10-14-58.png
Views: 337
Size:  1,011.0 KB
    Last edited by Alfai; 08-11-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Ill put on screenie with mali shortly
    semi-retired

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Very nice insight on the makings of a great rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It makes sense. If a rogue is aware of the common PvE builds, this clearly shows the difference of a PvP build. Settling in finding a common mixture of both builds usually looses effectiveness for a generic scope of abilities. Different objectives, different priorities.
    Last edited by wiggy; 08-11-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I still use the above build for elite runs.or if im trying to focus on doing just pves.

The above doesnt work for any timed challenge or elite runs with specific objectives.
    semi-retired