Thread: Solution to fix the issue of rogues being OP in PvE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A couple of comments about your comments:

1) I was not suggesting that using pots should cost mana. I just meant they should have a cooldown so you can't spam them.

2) With regard to your suggestion that the maps will slow down, let STS nerf them to the point that they will NOT slow down but will stay the same as they currently are but with the new system in place.

3) I know you are saying that you spend lots of mana potions, but I don't even have the option to run elite dungeons solo and spend a lot on potions. My device touch screen in combination with my thumbs cannot spam potions fast enough for my sorcerer to stay alive in Arena or in elite dungeons. The mobs and bosses simply hit way too hard. Warriors do not have the option to run elite dungeons solo either as they will be able to survive but cannot cause damage fast enough to beat the boss, i.e. I've seen plenty of cases where the boss heals faster than the warriors can cause damage. To use a PL reference, it's like trying to fight the bandit queen solo while at level 55.

So either make there be a way for sorcerers and warriors to also be able to solo elites, or else change the system in a way so that all classes cannot solo. Right now the way the system is, it is not fair. I don't even run elite dungeons anymore because of this. The last time I ran an elite dungeon to farm it, and not for an achievement was 6 months ago. I've tried about 20 or 30 times since then and never managed to finish the boss. I'm in a pretty large end game guild (190+ level 30/31 members) and nobody ever wants to run elites, and when they do we always end up dying before we finish the boss.

4) It's very convenient for rogues that the potions happen to solve the 2 problems that rogues have. For sorcerers since we have lifegiver, we don't really benefit so much from potions. Perhaps they should have an aimed shot potion that I can spam to cause more damage. (a little sarcasm there, but you get my point).

Just to show my point, if they allowed use of potions in PvP I think rogues would never lose a fight to anyone. Do you disagree?

Or maybe they should do what they did in PL which is to make it no potions at all in elite dungeons, but nerf those dungeons considerably to make up for that.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 08-24-2013 at 12:28 AM.