Thread: Build for wt4 leveling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Build for wt4 leveling

H guys,

Im in need of a good build for my mage, for,leveling in wt4.

Anyone that can help me a bit ?

Grtz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

If you want to save on pots, I would say the easiest is fire 4/4, frost 2/4 (upgrades for dot increased duration of effects/dot), time 4/4, life 1/4 (with the upgrade to restore mana) and 5/5 int, 5/5 str and 5/5 dex or damage (your choice, I prefer dex for the 125 health and the vanity of having a higher damage on the stat screen, lmfao).

You can also get by with a fire, light, shield and life build. A little slower due to the having only 2 offensive skills, but interestingly enough for solo runs in w4 I find that I use far less pots with this build. Also more versatile if you want to jump into pvp occasionally.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    If you want to save on pots, I would say the easiest is fire 4/4, frost 2/4 (upgrades for dot increased duration of effects/dot), time 4/4, life 1/4 (with the upgrade to restore mana) and 5/5 int, 5/5 str and 5/5 dex or damage (your choice, I prefer dex for the 125 health and the vanity of having a higher damage on the stat screen, lmfao).

You can also get by with a fire, light, shield and life build. A little slower due to the having only 2 offensive skills, but interestingly enough for solo runs in w4 I find that I use far less pots with this build. Also more versatile if you want to jump into pvp occasionally.

And full int or ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Well in my opinion, I would say you use fire 4/5 (no scorch), frost 4/5 (no arctic shatter), time 5/5, and shield 4/5 (no displacement wave). Put all stat points into intellect. Use 5/5 passive knowledge and 5/5 passive might. I say might because sorcerers are a bit squishy and it'll help you take on more damage when you have shield on.

^This is currently my build.. except for the part that I'm level 30. At level 31, I'm gonna get one more skill point into might passive and have the skillset said above. This build worked great for me. I've been leveling on wt4 since level 17. Very nice build. Also, stay back! If you would like to use the skillset I mentioned, it will require having to use some pots. Just stay behind the warrior and the rogue (if the rogue uses daggers) and use those skills. Should be knocking out those enemies pretty fast! Enjoy!
    Rogue: Angelicdove
    Mage: Intfire
    Warrior: Speedoftank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deaZi View Post
    And full int or ??
    Yes full int!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well in my opinion, I would say you use fire 4/5 (no scorch), frost 4/5 (no arctic shatter), time 5/5, and shield 4/5 (no displacement wave). Put all stat points into intellect. Use 5/5 passive knowledge and 5/5 passive might. I say might because sorcerers are a bit squishy and it'll help you take on more damage when you have shield on.

^This is currently my build.. except for the part that I'm level 30. At level 31, I'm gonna get one more skill point into might passive and have the skillset said above. This build worked great for me. I've been leveling on wt4 since level 17. Very nice build. Also, stay back! If you would like to use the skillset I mentioned, it will require having to use some pots. Just stay behind the warrior and the rogue (if the rogue uses daggers) and use those skills. Should be knocking out those enemies pretty fast! Enjoy!
    I saw a tons of sorc in game built like this. very effective in game but running tomb is not enough fast

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

what about Gale, Fire, Time and Ice?
    Ofcourse for pot-using players.

xoxo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gesaffelstein View Post
    what about Gale, Fire, Time and Ice?
    Ofcourse for pot-using players.

xoxo
    Actually my personal favorite build, especially for elite runs. Most people would substitute light for gale, but I also prefer gale. The aoe upgrade of light actually works decently well and procs fairly often if you charge the skill in tomb runs where every cast of light is much more likely to kill an enemy (get aoe 25% of time if you kill an enemy with light).

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Fire-ice-clock-heal seems best IMO.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

With a group or soloing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

For fastest clearing, given that you're not concerned about pot usage, I'd go gale/fire/ice/time.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!