Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This would work faster if people would just work with the devs and help create a game we will all love again while still leaving the headway this way designed for. There are so many dramatic posts in this thread, despite the multiple requests for non dramatic posts. Pitch in something helpful or don't post at all.
    BrainWreck - lv.50 Archer
    PainWreck - lv.50 Tank
    InsaneWreck - lv.47 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathdealer View Post
    Well the update is good but not great, it's a step in the right direction, but what was the point of decreasing weapon speed? Weapons are too slow to even bother to do anything by yourself, even lv50's have a hard time doing lower level dungeons(solo by the way)
    Same concept as the dodge in the Void issue I think. Gives them more room to "improve" future weapons by making them attack faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this update should have been released with a new campaign so we actually had something to balance out the excuse for " headreoom". if you are gonna make every level 50 character have the attributes of a 35 lvl character we should have some kind of reason to feel this update wAs worth it! Right now im finished with pocket legends.

Thank You sooooooooooooo much!

NOT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Same concept as the dodge in the Void issue I think. Gives them more room to "improve" future weapons by making them attack faster.
    SO what happens to those who are just starting then?

I made a Bear, thinking that "Hey, maybe a tanker would be good this time around".

I logged out, and logged back in. Then it started updating.

So I thought, "ah, another update. Maybe just some fixes..."

Yeah, they fixed it. I didn't notice it till I was doing hidden path on my own, my bear was slow. Painfully slow.

So I took a look at my weapon, maybe I just equipped the wrong one. Lo and behold, my axe now attacks at 3.7 a/s.

"Wonderful..." I thought. After which, I closed the game.

That should summarize how I feel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by addiekai View Post
    SO what happens to those who are just starting then?

I made a Bear, thinking that "Hey, maybe a tanker would be good this time around".

I logged out, and logged back in. Then it started updating.

So I thought, "ah, another update. Maybe just some fixes..."

Yeah, they fixed it. I didn't notice it till I was doing hidden path on my own, my bear was slow. Painfully slow.

So I took a look at my weapon, maybe I just equipped the wrong one. Lo and behold, my axe now attacks at 3.7 a/s.

"Wonderful..." I thought. After which, I closed the game.

That should summarize how I feel.
    Define just starting. If you just started by being level 1, then there's no harm for you there when this rebalance is what you have to get used to. It would only get better for you.

If your mid way, then you have room for adjustment and improving while getting to max.

It affects end game players IMO, they were used to overpowered characters and now have to deal with them being nerfed.

Yes I understand what you mean by wanting to log off, same thing happened to me with some characters. But after awhile, you still get maps/bosses done quite quickly (might even say even faster now) with a good team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As someone who has spent real-life money on this game, and countless hours of my waking time levelling, farming, and enjoying the satisfaction of slowly getting better and better gear, please excuse me for being a little "dramatic".

I never complained about the ludicrous pricing of auction slots or magic mirror, nor the nerfing of the rush in 1.5. All these were necessary to the development and sustainability of this game, and at the very least they still respected the inherent structure that was laid down since the beginning.

But to take my level 50 bird in void gear into Balefort's Hidden Passage and die there is really going too far. To look at all my thoth and isis gear and find them now basically worthless is really too much.

I absolutely agree on the need for re-balance, especially since PL is going to expect more players in the future as the platforms increase. But please don't do it at the expense of those who could be bothered to take this game seriously, and have invested much in doing so.

This is a mobile MMORPG. If I can't solo low level mobs on the bus or when I'm having my hair done I'm better off playing Angry Birds. If I cannot expect some level of security in the future to ensure that all my hard work has not been wasted, its a clear message to me that I should find a more stable game.

By all means nerf away, but at the very least please restore the basic principles of our hard-earned items to how they were. Isis for health, Thoth for mana, and so on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogediah View Post
    May or not be true about PvP, but in PvE Bears were invincible. End of story.
    Thats sooooo untru also. My lvl50 bear has 10k kills and 1k deaths. Not invincible. End of story. Ya this update is lame and i want to quit. Not going to spend any more $ for plat nor will i recomend this game to anyone else now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's fine, because I can understand the reasons for it and that spec reductions across the board really mean nothing since everyone else drops too.

But, I think it's not the greatest decision social wise, anyone familiar with mmo personalities should be able to guess the dramatic reaction many players will have when you take away from their spec numbers.

Would have gone smoother if changes were made in less visible ways, such as doubling enemy health rather than halving dps. Leaving existing weapon speeds the same and slowing down the next maps weapons.
    As for hitting caps, leave the displayed value the same while halving the values in the underlying mechanics. Leave peoples precious numbers the same and there would be less upset people.

Oh well, what's done is done. Everyone will adjust in a week and be happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think the whole system needs a revamp.

change damage reduction to % based on armor.

We should have a better skill tree. which gives us a choice to choose talents which give us permanent dodge/more damage/more hp/increased armor/more crit.

and of cos damage skills and buffs.

So a bear who wants to tank. will just choose to lvl talents which boost the attributes they wish to pursue and the skills they wish to use. different specialization.

Attribute points will still give us the relevant stats when we put into either str/dex/int. However they should be subjected to diminishing returns.

example.

at lvl 40. 6 points of dex gives u 1 crit 1 dodge 1 hit rate 2 base damage.
    at lvl 50. 8 points of dex gives u 1 crit 1 dodge 1 hit rate 2 base damage.

This will allow for room for STS to add new gear which gives better stats.
    So who died and made you the price police?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrainWreck View Post
    This would work faster if people would just work with the devs and help create a game we will all love again while still leaving the headway this way designed for. There are so many dramatic posts in this thread, despite the multiple requests for non dramatic posts. Pitch in something helpful or don't post at all.
    Except that I didn't pay for this game so I can spend my time helping the devs figure it all out from the beginning. I'm a casual player, and I found the game fun the way it was. I liked that other people already made guides and figured out how everything works, because I would never spend the time doing that. I just want to play the game. Perhaps the devs should have opened a separate beta and invite 2-300 players, including their most helpful ones (ie. those who have made guides, etc) to try it out and give feedback. Let those who want to help build the game do so. Let them find what works. But let those of us who just want to play, continue the way we were going until you guys figure it all out.

And still no answer from the devs as to why all our hard-earned cosmos/void/rift should now be considered worthless. Sure, I can take a break from the game and wait while you work out the gameplay kinks. But what you did to the economy, there's no excuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Les just wait, don't sell you things don't buy things well have another update very soon and prob another one or two after that as they fine tune things. Yes this was a big nerf, Yes it was needed for many reasons, had it shocked the player base yes, just don't panic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just a quick question, i cant tank anymore with my lv35 cause evasion and iron blood r low even when maxed. Does this update have any effect for the mobs hit% and dmg?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes Chris mobs have been affected as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After playing a little more and playing with respecs the armor reduction isn't so bad and neither are the other changes but I would still like to see some speed added back to axes and hammers. You already take an armor hit as they are 2 handed but now the hit speed is so slow they are almost useless esp when you miss with a 3.7 rate-ouch. Thanks for listening. I did see a comment from someone who ask for the specs on the weapons-that would be helpful as many of us have spent countless hours learning the ins and outs of the weapons and now that we've learned the answer the question was changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Except that I didn't pay for this game so I can spend my time helping the devs figure it all out from the beginning. I'm a casual player, and I found the game fun the way it was. I liked that other people already made guides and figured out how everything works, because I would never spend the time doing that. I just want to play the game. Perhaps the devs should have opened a separate beta and invite 2-300 players, including their most helpful ones (ie. those who have made guides, etc) to try it out and give feedback. Let those who want to help build the game do so. Let them find what works. But let those of us who just want to play, continue the way we were going until you guys figure it all out.

And still no answer from the devs as to why all our hard-earned cosmos/void/rift should now be considered worthless. Sure, I can take a break from the game and wait while you work out the gameplay kinks. But what you did to the economy, there's no excuse.
    We think very much alike. There should be a beta beta version. I tried ao3 and the game was alot more enjoyable then ao2 with a group. I still can't do any soloing. Devs, could you make the enemies hard depending on how many people are on the map. If I solo alone, they are half as hard, 2 people 75%, 3 100%, 4 125, ect. I'm thinking this is my whole problem. Is fun with a group as long is not ao2 but I do like to solo.

I do hope you'll work to make every ones character (not class) but each charecter feel unique in some way. 15 crit doesnt make me feel good looking at a mage with 4 crit. I'm thinking the difference is so small were the same charecter with different skills. Since we pretty much get all the skills, then the outcome is what you have chosen for us. Feels like I'm not creating my charecter, rather playing story mode where charecter is already created for me as I play. Like we are all pre destined to look like charecter X at lvl 50.

I don't want us to all to be the same within our classes or feel like I'm not customizing my charecter. Its hard to explain what I feel was lost by this update. All the stats, armor, dps, armor,rarity bonuses seem so minute that I'm only impacting 5 percent this way or that of what my possibilities are. They feel to limited. Read my other posts in this thread, might help convey what I'm trying to explain.
    Last edited by Torrentula81; 11-18-2010 at 07:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You knowejat is funny? For once mages arnt underpowered anymore (I even got 50 kills in Pvp today) and now all the warriors are complaining because we are all even. Grow up. So warriors have no unfair advantage now. It's a good thing! Imagine how mages felt before?

Although yes, the speed is to slow.

And stop complaining about less armor, we have more hp now!

Thanks STS.
    Bluestarburst~ Level 50 Void Elf Bluey~ Level 50 Rift Bear Blueblue ~ Level 50 Cyber Void Birdie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Also I have to say I think this is a solo versus group problem, solo players are unhappy thst thru can't solo stuff we guess what MMO, maybe you need to play a MSO.

I just had the best fun running maps in AO3, just had to slightly adjust my spell rotation, but groups that would fail before have a chance to learn from their mistakes rather then being one shotted into leaving, now it's like when that hit that almost killed me if don't do something or a Mage heals me next shot I'm dead, this is a good change then bang your dead.
    Last edited by jonboy; 11-18-2010 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've only played my mage (pure Int) since the update, and I really like it on the whole -- much more "magey" to be relying more on skills than attack, and it's much faster to clear out the trash mobs. Mana Shield and frequent use of Heal are going to be critical for survivability, as is using Blessing of Vitality more often just for the short-term buff.

My biggest concern would be that with "skill mashing" being encouraged by the play changes, that lag spikes are going to be that much more deadly now. As noted upthread, remember that this a game primarily meant for mobile devices... lag happens.

The nerfs to weapon wrt skills also makes using a weapon at all kind of incidental. I'm relying on skills to do 90+% of the damage now, and if I manage to not turn on attack, it barely slows me down. That's a bit out of whack, and for birds and bears, who rely more on weapons than skills for damage, I can see where a lot of the complaints might be coming from. Even before the update, I was more interested in M/S, H/S, and special properties than I was in weapon damage -- now, there's no reason to even look at damage at all.

I'd say restore some of the weapon power. It looks like the update swung too far to mages and left birds and bears behind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

K not trying to be dramatic here but I really don't understand the new item stats. All of the sudden (for lower level items), the common pinks are better than the rare ones. And I'm not just talking about one occurrence... Darkbolt of mastery is better than dreamers, forest bow is better than snipers xbow, platinum axe of legend is better than conq platinum axe...
    These are just the ones I've seen so far...
    I realize it makes everything more balanced, and that's a good thing, but if youre going to make these things better than the rare ones, you should switch the drop rates too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think this update is good direction for the game to go in, but just a couple of points: (bird main)

1) I don't like the weapon speed change - not because of the dps reduction (because, in fact, I think I'm killing trash faster due to the other changes) but because it makes the game feel much slower. One of the main off-putting things about MMOs for me is the lack of pace and velocity to standard combat. I don't want to sit around for 5 minutes bashing away just to kill one 'trash' mob. Reducing the speed of the weapons has taken the edge off that pace that made PL enjoyable to play.

2) Some of the bosses have kinda gone overboard on their defences. Just pounding away for 30mins or so to kill a boss is neither fun nor challenging, just tedious. But one-hit-kill bosses weren't particularly fun either, so I'm a little unsure how to call this.