Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Mages being overpowered.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    Overall again it goes back to how well you play your class role and utilize the pros as an edge to make kills.each class has the ability to kill tho each class are not meant to be a committed killer.

I understand your point bout the stun.i.e a mage with slag.when you are caught it that stun mode without immediate solution the ending is quite clear and not pretty.hence why its vital to study your gameplay and knowing your opponent to craft the right strategy for encounter.but there is a way to beat it ofc.

Op might not be the best description as i see that tweaks made make the 3 classes overall balance now.weak at this but stronger at another areas.so if u play up thosr strength might give you an edge.for example i ensure i either make really fast kills before i get stun for now.remember that pet stuns need time to keep up with the toon before being in rage to cast panic so tht small window is crucial to put up your defense.this is a lame but my point is there is a way tho might not always work.some got really quick hands or think really fast and respond fast.

For a rogue being able to kill all classes that not op.thats what the class is build for and meant to do.
    Or you can just do what I do and find ways to work outside the box and break from a horrible thing most RPG have. Everyone plays their class almost identically. Almost a specific pattern on skills. 95% of players use their same sequence every time. Copy the builds from top 5-10 players then those are like the only builds. Forget that. Forget what you know about your class. Bring some mystery to the table and suddenly no one knows how to fight you....

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psykopathic28 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Mages are way overpowered.

Yay mages are OP
    (Said with sarcasm)
    How are mages OP?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

No. Its quite the opposite in fact. Not sure at what level you PvP but most people only care about endgame being balanced. At endgame a mage using int gear (the intended gear for mages) will struggle immensely. Your argument is not credible because you've only given one side of the story. Sure mages can do this and that but there are plently of counters. You seem to be sure that the shield is a massive advantage, birds can shoot it down using blast shot. Bears 50+ can pretty much kill 70-80% of a mages mana in one beckon stomp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    No. Its quite the opposite in fact. Not sure at what level you PvP but most people only care about endgame being balanced. At endgame a mage using int gear (the intended gear for mages) will struggle immensely. Your argument is not credible because you've only given one side of the story. Sure mages can do this and that but there are plently of counters. You seem to be sure that the shield is a massive advantage, birds can shoot it down using blast shot. Bears 50+ can pretty much kill 70-80% of a mages mana in one beckon stomp.
    AL, not PL Ovigoroth, lol.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psykopathic28 View Post
    Or you can just do what I do and find ways to work outside the box and break from a horrible thing most RPG have. Everyone plays their class almost identically. Almost a specific pattern on skills. 95% of players use their same sequence every time. Copy the builds from top 5-10 players then those are like the only builds. Forget that. Forget what you know about your class. Bring some mystery to the table and suddenly no one knows how to fight you....
    Agreed.i might need to be here for at least 3 seasons to crack that.kinda slow
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    AL, not PL Ovigoroth, lol.
    Darn, tapatalk strikes again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    the best comment ever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

our time has come

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    What 30s stun are you talking about?
    Maybe that mage was using 30 slags haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Nah,its just that u r to jelaous,cause u dont have enoguh money to buy good equipment for mage,i dont care for haters,but its really unfair that 1 hit kill,that is what rogue is made off..and mages are mad of int and having tactic,so pls dont shyt...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

30 second stun? I don't know a skill with a 30 second stun.What class are you? do you even know the skills of a mage? Here I'll show the special things that each class gets:
    Warrior-health (health is really really special,keeps you living in battle. The longer you are in the battle,the more damage you can perform.)

Rouges-High crit and mega high dodge (actually,I really envy this class,because they can perform damage like a beast! The crit really does all the talking. And the huge dodge helps her from being hit.And their skills recharge super fast! But they lack in mana).

Sorcerers-Huge mana and special aoe stuns.(this is my class,the mana helps me a lot for skills,but the skills load quite slow. I don't remember any 30 second stun. The aoe w/stun is really the best when controlling mobs.) when did this happen to you? Before it happened,did you see a flash of fire that hit you? Or did you see a weird ice bolt toward you before you got stunned? How about you saw you got struck by a tornado? Please reply,i'll review the skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

boom boom boom another day in pvp.

rogues still op.

nuff said.

look at end game stats.

mages with mythic and all: 30% of the kills
    warriors even with arcane hammer: 10 % of the kills

rogues: 60%

Hows, that, folks?

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur:1257387
    boom boom boom another day in pvp.

rogues still op.

nuff said.

look at end game stats.

mages with mythic and all: 30% of the kills
    warriors even with arcane hammer: 10 % of the kills

rogues: 60%

Hows, that, folks?
    no. You have no proof...dude just quit the game if you cant play your class right
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    no. You have no proof...dude just quit the game if you cant play your class right
    You just want to keep your advantage, is all

Maybe im noob... But i see pro players dying by the dozen, players like hope, smol etc. in a random team. all i can tell is that if those guys gain kills they do when coming in with a whole bunch of guild buddies working with and towards them. Since my guild mates live in a different time zone and additionally do rarely pvp i do not have this opportunity most of the time when i pvp. But as i said before, this really doesnt bother me, maybe im noob by not going pvp with more of my guild mates. What bothers me is that this is a general imbalance and i should be able to gain more kills with a random team like rogues do.

U need proof? Go pvp and watch. 90% of the games end like this: rogues 60% kills, warries and mages share the rest. I bet devs can support this statistic. Or just go and check pvp kill lb. rogues have way most of the top positions if not all.

dont tell me to quit. Ill get my 10 k kills one day and MAYBE then, but only then i quit pvp.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 09-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    You just want to keep your advantage, is all

Maybe im noob... But i see pro players dying by the dozen, players like hope, smol etc. in a random team. all i can tell is that if those guys gain kills they do when coming in with a whole bunch of guild buddies working with and towards them. Since my guild mates live in a different time zone and additionally do rarely pvp i do not have this opportunity most of the time when i pvp. But as i said before, this really doesnt bother me, maybe im noob by not going pvp with more of my guild mates. What bothers me is that this is a general imbalance and i should be able to gain more kills with a random team like rogues do.

U need proof? Go pvp and watch. 90% of the games end like this: rogues 60% kills, warries and mages share the rest. I bet devs can support this statistic. Or just go and check pvp kill lb. rogues have way most of the top positions if not all.

dont tell me to quit. Ill get my 10 k kills one day and MAYBE then, but only then i quit pvp.
    Well you seem to complain more than playing, I havent seen you in pvp more than once :/ you should really try to come up with techniques instead of complaining.

Kills dont matter if its a group fight kiddo. Rogues like to KS and in group fights, even the wars can get kills...If you take in account 1v1 or 2v2, the mage is dominant over the rogue. The rogue can win if she has medics and times them properly. Without heal, the mage easily wins.

I recommend Heal-Lightning-Curse-Shield build for you.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Mages: have the highest dmg, have the highest mana, highest dps too i think.

Rouges: highest crit and dodge..

Warrs: hp and armor

The only class that needs buff is the warrior class.

@Fro - Listen dude if you have such a huge problem with rouges getting kills then i recommend you playing rouge, because obviously you're out for blood. Secondly, I recommend you doing more ksing than going in head first, because you Will be ks'd. Also, if you pvp a bit more (I have not seen you very much in pvp) idc if you say you dont wanna pvp cause mages are o-so-under-powered. Because face it, you arent. you'd figure out which players has skill, and which players has gear. You might want to join the team with either one. You'll learn to figure out your players tactic, your teams movement. Don't just think about what you Can't do. I suggest supporting more than killing. Like curse resulting in tons of kills and a very strong supporting build.

Keep your friends close, but youre enemies even closer...

I mean that obviously you have something against rouges, why don't you just join them, make frieds with them. They might even let you ks them. Yes it's possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post

@Fro - Listen dude if you have such a huge problem with rouges getting kills then i recommend you playing rouge, because obviously you're out for blood. Secondly, I recommend you doing more ksing than going in head first, because you Will be ks'd. Also, if you pvp a bit more (I have not seen you very much in pvp) idc if you say you dont wanna pvp cause mages are o-so-under-powered. Because face it, you arent. you'd figure out which players has skill, and which players has gear. You might want to join the team with either one. You'll learn to figure out your players tactic, your teams movement. Don't just think about what you Can't do. I suggest supporting more than killing. Like curse resulting in tons of kills and a very strong supporting build.

I mean that obviously you have something against rouges, why don't you just join them, make frieds with them. They might even let you ks them. Yes it's possible.

I agree with the buff need for warriors...

Other than that. I do pvp a lot, couple of hours a day. Maybe we're in there at different times. Day has 24 hours.
    I do know my players of choice and if I can I join them. If I have luck I meet the right team and get a ton of skills. But, and this is way more the case, a rogue as advantages over all other classes that can only be met by sheer overpower on that side.

I am not so much talking about me, i have set backs i cant come over with, like a steady 1k ping wich makes playing like it all happened 1 sec before I can react. I developed my techniques and get by. I would have blamed all my shortcoming to that, if I wouldnt see a lot of mages and warriors having the same trouble and havent seen a single rogue yet complaining about not getting kills, I wouldnt complain. Believe me - Im only after the achievement like everybody else. I support my team, I heal a lot, yes my build is supporting too, mana heal, fire stunn so warriors can rush in etc. I would give up heal for an attack skill, because with my 1-sec delay its not much help for me but only more for my team... I dont. Because the team is expecting that I heal them. We all know the "Mana" cries.
    I dont like curse though, but thats a preference. However.

If I look at the numbers important for the kill-achievements I see that the only class dominating is rogues. This is not because they are such skilled players, its because they have advantage. There is no achievement for supporting your team (wich I do of course anyway), there is no achievement for making kills possible for the team - and still I do. There is no achievement for winning a game (that would make a huge difference to pvp, wouldn't it?).

Have you ever played capture the flag in real life? The team who gets the most flags, wins --- and gets the rewards.

If you cut it down to the APs, its much harder for mages and warriors in regards of pvp (maybe flagging is a bit easier for warriors than for mages).

This is simply unfair. Every class should be able to get the APs with comparable effort, especially those long-term achievements.

If you go with a team into Elite, everybody gets the achieve for killing the boss. If you go into pvp only the ones who kill get the point. You understand? Thats why its not fair that a single class has it so much easier to gain kills. There is no comparable achievement that is easier for mages. Thats imbalance.

What else? Oh, yeah. No need to call me Kiddo (miracle), Dude (you) or else. I am not condescending to you, so please dont be to me.
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 09-08-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: spell check

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    I agree with the buff need for warriors...

Other than that. I do pvp a lot, couple of hours a day. Maybe we're in there at different times. Day has 24 hours.
    I do know my players of choice and if I can I join them. If I have luck I meet the right team and get a ton of skills. But, and this is way more the case, a rogue as advantages over all other classes that can only be met by sheer overpower on that side.

I can assure you we are in the same time zones. Im right above you Frohatur

I am not so much talking about me, i have set backs i cant come over with, like a steady 1k ping wich makes playing like it all happened 1 sec before I can react. I developed my techniques and get by. I would have blamed all my shortcoming to that, if I wouldnt see a lot of mages and warriors having the same trouble and havent seen a single rogue yet complaining about not getting kills, I wouldnt complain. Believe me - Im only after the achievement like everybody else. I support my team, I heal a lot, yes my build is supporting too, mana heal, fire stunn so warriors can rush in etc. I would give up heal for an attack skill, because with my 1-sec delay its not much help for me but only more for my team... I dont. Because the team is expecting that I heal them. We all know the "Mana" cries.
    I dont like curse though, but thats a preference. However.

If you play with ping doesnt mean everyone has it. If you have ping then go out if pvp and wait it off. And most good rouges learned that mages dont like mana cries so we just stip and wait

If I look at the numbers important for the kill-achievements I see that the only class dominating is rogues. This is not because they are such skilled players, its because they have advantage. There is no achievement for supporting your team (wich I do of course anyway), there is no achievement for making kills possible for the team - and still I do. There is no achievement for winning a game (that would make a huge difference to pvp, wouldn't it?).

If you wanted kills you choose the wrong class.

Have you ever played capture the flag in real life? The team who gets the most flags, wins --- and gets the rewards.

Lol so?... Where are you going with this

If you cut it down to the APs, its much harder for mages and warriors in regards of pvp (maybe flagging is a bit easier for warriors than for mages).

This is simply unfair. Every class should be able to get the APs with comparable effort, especially those long-term achievements.

Its only warrs who have hard times getting kills. Mages can get kills very easily

If you go with a team into Elite, everybody gets the achieve for killing the boss. If you go into pvp only the ones who kill get the point. You understand? Thats why its not fair that a single class has it so much easier to gain kills. There is no comparable achievement that is easier for mages. Thats imbalance.

You really need to stop rubbing in this. Mages can get kills easily. If you dont know how to kill rouges look up pyromagnium o youtube. Frost is the key

What else? Oh, yeah. No need to call me Kiddo (miracle), Dude (you) or else. I am not condescending to you, so please dont be to me.
    Stop complaning like one then

Every class has their pro and cons. Warrs only have cons but (lol) smurfs and rouges

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Stop complaning like one then

Every class has their pro and cons. Warrs only have cons but (lol) smurfs and rouges
    "if you want to get kills you chose the wrong class"

Whats that kind of a statement? Why should only one class be able to achieve a lot of kills? Thats stupid. I played AL for a long time as a mage, do you expect me to change my class just because it gets me more pvp-kills? And discard all the other APs I got so far? Thats bridling the horse from the behind... All it needs to balance things out is to reduce rogues distance ability and thru wall ability and take away a little of their crit. Although... I'm willing to discuss the crit thing because a good skilled mage can have almost as much crit as a rogue... give u that. But the distance thing...thats really stupid. The only thing u have to do as a rogue is keep in the back, zig-zag to and fro and shoot your aimed shot. No real skill needed here. It works even through walls. Thats just plain crap. It doesnt work for mages. Tried it a lot. Its simply... unfair. I cant shoot through walls or even across the whole map like rogues. Why? Wheres the physical reasoning behind this, huh? Have you, soundless, ever played mage AND be succesful with it? I dont think so. Otherwise you wouldn't be a rogue anymore. lol. You're happy with your choice, dont you?

I think success in this game should not be determined by what class you choose. It should be equal for all and determined by skill.

And thats what most rogues mistake here: they think they're more skilled than mages. That is as unreasonable and stupid as to say that someone's better just because of his/her upcoming. Baaaaah.

oh, and you didnt understand one thing: a permanent ping of 1k means theres no way to wait it out. Its always there. I'm always a second behind. Worse than the lazy groundhog on a winterday. LOL:
    Last edited by Frohnatur; 09-09-2013 at 01:22 AM. Reason: spell check

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Mages have the lowest armor, and the lowest health also. But i agree
    (ps. warrior is almost immortal and it doesn't need buffs)
    Last edited by Deadroth; 09-09-2013 at 03:34 AM.