Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgraded Mythic Helm-Dmg Totally Unchanged

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Whether or not I think its balanced or not doesn't matter. It what was promised. To quote the Apollo of the past:

Devs promised to upgrade the helm but the damage wasn't upgraded. So they aren't delivering what was promised. Now that you guys get your way and someone else asks for the same thing, you make up all sorts of things. You guys kill me.
    NO. They promised to make the mythic set the best gear for L36. They did it, mythic set is best. They didnt say "yes, we will buff all dmg, all dodge etc". Drop this whole promised thing cuz they did bring you the best helm.

They didnt promise to upgrade specific stats.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    NO. They promised to make the mythic set the best gear for L36. They did it, mythic set is best. They didnt say "yes, we will buff all dmg, all dodge etc". Drop this whole promised thing cuz they did bring you the best helm.

Yes they did and here is the quote to prove it:

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The base for the items will be the same in regards to the int/dex/str factors. However, there will be a boost in other areas like crit, dodge, the addition of damage, and increased armor etc.

They are going to feel like more awesome versions of the mythics you know and love.
    It says it right there "the addition of damage". I guess you guys like to argue with yourselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

Honestly STOP COMPLAINING that rogues are weaker than mages!
    Look at the pro pvp mage statistics and the pro rogue pvp statistics.Compare and you will see that we are indeed weaker...
    I See rogues pvp stats 10k kills 5k deaths...mages 10k kills 9k deaths...
    If you dont believe me Check it yourself-.- go to paradise and you find many pvp pros...
    Mages have only a chance against rogues if they hit first. If a rogue comes from Background and aimed shot you have like 10% hp if it uses slag then we are dead...we only get a chance with the 2 sec invulnerability from our shield...if we cant use it coz we get stunned or surprised we DIE..so pls ip complaining all we want is a fair chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    Honestly STOP COMPLAINING that rogues are weaker than mages!
    Look at the pro pvp mage statistics and the pro rogue pvp statistics.Compare and you will see that we are indeed weaker...
    I See rogues pvp stats 10k kills 5k deaths...mages 10k kills 9k deaths...
    If you dont believe me Check it yourself-.- go to paradise and you find many pvp pros...
    Mages have only a chance against rogues if they hit first. If a rogue comes from Background and aimed shot you have like 10% hp if it uses slag then we are dead...we only get a chance with the 2 sec invulnerability from our shield...if we cant use it coz we get stunned or surprised we DIE..so pls ip complaining all we want is a fair chance
    Lol... leaderboards don't get wiped for PvP. Those kills build up over time...
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The mythic helm didn't last for one season, it didn't have the best stats. Legendary helms beat the mythic helm in terms of HP & Armor. I demonstrated this in another thread. So as far I am concerned it had limited use. What was promised was the helm would be upgraded, but as you can clearly see the damage was not upgraded. So this goes back to what was promised, they didnt give us a helm which had the best stats and when upgraded the damage wasn't upgrade. So Apollo, using your very own logic, the devs didn't deliver what was promised, how can you argue with yourself? Based on your rationale for upgrading hooks, you should agree. Kind of ironic you dont, huh?
    Again, mythics are centered towards damage. That is prevalent across ALL the mythics. Therefore, it was the best helm in terms of damage. The helm did get upgraded, better stats were received & crit was enhanced. How did developers not deliver on their promise?

@Falmear Any stat upgrade is an upgrade. Just like, if & when the developers upgrade hooks, if they're upgraded in a way I do not like - I can't complain about it. Why? It's an upgrade and that's what was promised - to be the best of their class, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Again, mythics are centered towards damage. That is prevalent across ALL the mythics. Therefore, it was the best helm in terms of damage. The helm did get upgraded, better stats were received & crit was enhanced. How did developers not deliver on their promise?

@Falmear Any stat upgrade is an upgrade. Just like, if & when the developers upgrade hooks, if they're upgraded in a way I do not like - I can't complain about it. Why? It's an upgrade and that's what was promised - to be the best of their class, nothing more, nothing less.
    They didnt upgrade the damage as promised:

The base for the items will be the same in regards to the int/dex/str factors. However, there will be a boost in other areas like crit, dodge, the addition of damage, and increased armor etc.

They are going to feel like more awesome versions of the mythics you know and love.
    Sorry but the hypocrisy here is unbelievable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

As a sorcerer I disagree. Each point of crit is actually more valuable than each point of damage. I could explain why with some wacky math, but most will probably not be able to follow it and my post will be long and boring like the one above.

But let's just say this:

If you don't use lightning, then you are better off with damage. If you do use lightning, then you are better off with crit.

If you do PvP and do not use lightning, you most likely are not any good as it is the single best PvP skill. Also, if you do Arena farming lightning is your best single-target skill and in Arena you are fighting a single target.

As for each point of crit being better than each point of damage, crit tops out at 100%, damage goes much much higher. So a 2.5% increase in crit is actually a real 2.5% increase. A 3 dmg increase is much less than a 3% increase in damage, especially if you use a runic gun or other high damage weapon. Yes, if you have crappy gear then 3 dmg increase may be more significant.

Lastly I'd like to say that I just wish that everyone would get off the damage bandwagon. It seems like everyone has a one track mind and cares about nothing else besides how much their damage is. If they released a helm that provided no armor at all, but instead had 10 damage, I think you would all run to get it. LOL
    Last edited by Delphina; 09-03-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Let's waste forum space on items/skills that make classes "op" or "underpowered". Cry moar?

Deal with it, it's just a game. Not life or death (and if it is to you, wow.. Sad)
    Last edited by Aracnus; 09-03-2013 at 04:52 PM.

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear:1251779

Yes they did and here is the quote to prove it:

It says it right there "the addition of damage". I guess you guys like to argue with yourselves.
    they werent gonna add all of the stats, common sense smh
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

They didnt upgrade the damage as promised:

Sorry but the hypocrisy here is unbelievable.
    I wasn't aware of that quote. If that's the case, then by all means, the helm deserves the boost in damage if they stated it. However, I certainly don't think that he meant all the stats.

Also, it seems that quote isn't completely true as the base stats were boosted. So, if you want to follow that post word by word, remove the boost in base stats and take the increase in damage (this would go for all mythics).

When I was arguing my case, it was completely different. The mythic helm DID get upgraded & it IS the best helm for L36. What more could you want?
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    If you don't use lightning, then you are better off with damage. If you do use lightning, then you are better off with crit.

If you do PvP and do not use lightning, you most likely are not any good as it is the single best PvP skill. Also, if you do Arena farming and do not use lightning, that is just plain dumb since lightning is your best single-target skill and in Arena you are fighting a single target.
    So you have the right to call people plain dumb who fight in the arena without lightning. Yet rogues are OP and need to be nerfed because you can't complete a single elite run? Sorry but you're entire credibility in this matter is shot in my opinion.
    Last edited by falmear; 09-03-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

NO. They promised to make the mythic set the best gear for L36. They did it, mythic set is best. T
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    When I was arguing my case, it was completely different. The mythic helm DID get upgraded & it IS the best helm for L36. What more could you want?
    Its not the best helm, only the best helm in terms of damage. Some pink helms provide better HP.

I feel squishier than ever in the CTF arena & new shuyal elite maps.

I do believe mages are still lacking attention from devs. The average sorcerer suffers from this lack attention just as much as the mythic sorcerer. So yes, the arcane weapon is OP, but weren't them all during their time of glory!?

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

So you have the right to call people plain dumb who fight in the arena without lightning. Yet rogues are OP and need to be nerfed because you can't complete a single elite run? Sorry but you're entire credibility in this matter is shot in my opinion.
    Id say your ruining your credibility on forums with posts like these. Not once did he call anyone dumb but said non lightning users are "more then likely not any good." Go check pvp real quick and find a sorc not using lightning and.report back to us. Also devs said dmg would be increased and it was, not they didnt say how much it would increase so the thouggr in your head that devs didnt follow up on what they said is also wrong. I suggest you heed the words from people that've been playing sts games long enough to know how the.game.should work and quit
    omplaining
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Id say your ruining your credibility on forums with posts like these. Not once did he call anyone dumb but said non lightning users are "more then likely not any good." Go check pvp real quick and find a sorc not using lightning and.report back to us. Also devs said dmg would be increased and it was, not they didnt say how much it would increase so the thouggr in your head that devs didnt follow up on what they said is also wrong. I suggest you heed the words from people that've been playing sts games long enough to know how the.game.should work and quit
    omplaining
    Well...there are sorcs who use curse (like me)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

That quote by Carapace does not mean all of those things would be upgraded. It means those are the areas that which an item will possibly be upgraded. If they only upgraded the defense of everything, they would be upgraded & within the 'terms' within that statement.
    However, I hope--just to spite the annoying complaints by some--they upgrade the damage by .01.

I'm not sure which is more laughable...the reading comprehension of this forum's members, or the horrible attempts at doing math.

Sorry if STS doesn't make the perfect items some of you dream of playing with. Go develop your own games with the items that you think would be perfect.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You want high damage, yet you don't use the highest damage mage skill which is lightning. Just go to your skills screen and click on each of the skills and look at the damage numbers. Lightning is 100+ dmg more than any other skill. Instead you use skills that have 100+ less damage, but you are worried about 3 damage missing from your helm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

To me all the numbers mean nothing. Dmg or crit, who cares? I have mythic helm and armor and I upgraded it. I went to pvp. Several times, in several constellations. Theres a lot upgraded mythic. But:

Nothing has changed. Rogues dominate the scene, they kill by the far the most, as it was before.

Therefore, not balanced.

Therefore, rogues still OP

Basta.

Btw.
    Staff wont change this. Rogue comes along, pew-pews me before my staff or skills can even REACH her.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Well...there are sorcs who use curse (like me)
    But lightning is still on your skill repitoire no? Also it was some, i think you might be the exception to a good cirse build as i cant seem to use for anything but elite

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    To me all the numbers mean nothing. Dmg or crit, who cares? I have mythic helm and armor and I upgraded it. I went to pvp. Several times, in several constellations. Theres a lot upgraded mythic. But:

Nothing has changed. Rogues dominate the scene, they kill by the far the most, as it was before.

Therefore, not balanced.

Therefore, rogues still OP

Basta.

Btw.
    Staff wont change this. Rogue comes along, pew-pews me before my staff or skills can even REACH her.
    I still disagree with people saying rogues are op. Mostly because now they will run out of mana usually before a sorc shield will go down. Also if you use ribbit+lightning most rogues will throw out health right away leaving you time to kill before they reach em. Only time i can't do this is on mythic and pros which leads me (as a sorc)to think thats op. Then again rogues crit hurt but forget rogue and sorc threads about opness, lets discuss these warrios with arcane that still have higher dmg then a fully loaded sorc and rogue
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 09-03-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    As a sorcerer I disagree. Each point of crit is actually more valuable than each point of damage. I could explain why with some wacky math, but most will probably not be able to follow it and my post will be long and boring like the one above.

But let's just say this:

If you do PvP and do not use lightning, you most likely are not any good as it is the single best PvP skill. Also, if you do Arena farming lightning is your best single-target skill and in Arena you are fighting a single target.

As for each point of crit being better than each point of damage, crit tops out at 100%, damage goes much much higher. So a 2.5% increase in crit is actually a real 2.5% increase. A 3 dmg increase is much less than a 3% increase in damage, especially if you use a runic gun or other high damage weapon. Yes, if you have crappy gear then 3 dmg increase may be more significant.

Lastly I'd like to say that I just wish that everyone would get off the damage bandwagon. It seems like everyone has a one track mind and cares about nothing else besides how much their damage is. If they released a helm that provided no armor at all, but instead had 10 damage, I think you would all run to get it. LOL
    Hmm, I'm not taking any side here or trying to put anyone down, but I would like to point out that ur math is invalid here. If instead I am wrong, do correct me tho. You can refer back to post 29 where I explain more, but 2.5 crit does 0.00625 more skill dmg on average, and the 3 dmg gives 0.0075 (saying u have 400 dmg) more dmg. But these numbers still can't be compared. Crit effects the dmg of different skills at different times, which makes the dmg increase inconsistent. While the dmg number increases all the skill dmg and is always consistent. That 2.5% extra chance to crit can so easily be wasted on ur main skill. Or say in pve u crit light with it, but it hits an almost dead mob, pretty much wasted. On dmg, there is even another benefit to being consistent tho. The dmg number will also be stacked with things like the dmg passive and pets with extra percent of dmg given. So while say 20% more dmg off of 3 isn't that great, it still is an increase, and still consistent.

All of this just shows that dmg and crit really can't be compared so easy IMO. Each have their pros and cons. Each can leave u doing more dmg I believe also, it just varies on many things. But lastly I would like to add to the rogues saying mages have the most dmg. This may be true in numbers, but if u really want to see who DEALS the most dmg that would be even harder then comparing crit and dmg. Mages have dmg, aoe, and a small chance at crit. Rogues have great crit, and still good dmg, and some aoe. So which does more dmg? Like many things it's just dependent on the situation. Classes shouldn't be equally comparable to each other, its not right, and I really feel it's something that makes the game more fun. The only unfortunate thing is that there will always likely be people claiming an "imbalance."
    Last edited by Erdnase; 09-03-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

"Classes shouldn't be equally comparable to each other, its not right, and I really feel it's something that makes the game more fun. The only unfortunate thing is that there will always likely be people claiming an "imbalance."" ((quote erdnase post #59))

No, they shouldnt be "equally" comparable, I agree. But if there are achievements involved, wich makes it for one class way easier to gain them, there is an imbalance that matters, since a lot of people look on those lb's and judge "who's top dog" in the game or else. Now, the achievements are: pvp Kills, Flags, and (at some more distantly related level) guild-kdr.

For all of those achieves, it is easier to gain for rogues.

Thats imbalance.

If you wanna have fair competition, the outsets to reach those achievements should be - as in any honest competition - equal.

Otherwise its just a joke. And when I look on the LB or how the classes differ in myth/arcane distribution/stats, its just a joke for mages right now. Just a few of them with enough money in their pockets and a shytload of time are top. The big big rest are Rogues and eventually some arcane-Warriors.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Frohnatur For This Useful Post: