Thread: Mythic Rings/ AMULET upgrades?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Default Mythic Rings/ AMULET upgrades?

just wondering.. pinks are obviously better this season.. im not sure if it has been posted but

is it gettin buffed? , plust.. amulets are lvl 30 :/

Comparison of amulet doom and divide assault

Name:  mythic.png
Views: 237
Size:  476.6 KB
    Last edited by inkredible; 09-03-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

>:O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    >:O

lol irrelevant, need answer dev! thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yeah mythic amulets and rings suck now.
    there are some with pretty much exact same sts.
    Also bow still sucks. Health of bow compared to the new daggers and devourer bow is a ridiculous amount

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Amulet of doom in comparison with an epic amulet
    Friend of my sent me this

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  107.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    just wondering.. pinks are obviously better this season.. im not sure if it has been posted but

is it gettin buffed? , plust.. amulets are lvl 30 :/

Comparison of amulet doom and divide assault

Name:  mythic.png
Views: 237
Size:  476.6 KB
    Doom still looks a bit better to me.

You're gaining 0.7% damage, 0.4% heath, 1.05% dodge, and 0.52% crit

and you're losing 16% mana & 3% armor

But oh yeah, I forgot that we judge how good an item is based on how much damage alone. All of the rest of the stats besides damage are meaningless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

But oh yeah, I forgot that we judge how good an item is based on how much damage alone. All of the rest of the stats besides damage are meaningless.
    You have it backwards, that image is him showing what would happen if he put ON the pink amulet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    You have it backwards, that image is him showing what would happen if he put ON the pink amulet.
    Energize said it right, read again.

Energize, for a tank, doom still might win out, but only for the armor. The extra mana doesnt make a big difference either way if you have vengeance. For a dmg warrior tho, divine wins. And if doom really does win out for a tank, its not by much. The 48 lost armor in divine is still made up some from the 26+ health.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 09-03-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

LOL when u look at it by percentage yeah its nt much diff but , no u cant say DOOM is better either 16% mana lost is really not much of a loss if u have venge, and 3% armor aka -48 .. no difference if it was -100, -200 armor then okay yeah big diff, and u feel it

so i guess to conclude, even if u see "a lot of greens" whatever the gains wont make that much difference.. which is my point..

my point is.. ITS MYTHIC - it should be A LOT BETTER than pink.. not comparable to it or pretty much equal

perfect example of that is bonechill and mythic bow
    Last edited by inkredible; 09-03-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Just out of curiosity I was looking through warrior amulets. A better comparison is this:

Level 30 Amulet of Doom:
    39 STR 19 INT 3.0 Damage 48 Armor

Level 36
    Arcane Pendant of Potency
    39 STR 20 INT 3.0 Damage

I had to laugh when I saw this because the level 36 amulet has more int. Which means it has higher damage with everything else being the same except +48 armor going toward the mythic amulet. The original poster's comparison isn't quite an apples to apples comparison. But I think its hard to argue that -1 INT and +48 armor makes amulet of doom mythic. While I am not really in favor of all of buffing stuff, I think its hard to make a case against buffing this thing even by a small amount like +1 INT maybe +2 if the devs are feeling generous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Just out of curiosity I was looking through warrior amulets. A better comparison is this:

Level 30 Amulet of Doom:
    39 STR 19 INT 3.0 Damage 48 Armor

Level 36
    Arcane Pendant of Potency
    39 STR 20 INT 3.0 Damage

I had to laugh when I saw this because the level 36 amulet has more int. Which means it has higher damage with everything else being the same except +48 armor going toward the mythic amulet. The original poster's comparison isn't quite an apples to apples comparison. But I think its hard to argue that -1 INT and +48 armor makes amulet of doom mythic. While I am not really in favor of all of buffing stuff, I think its hard to make a case against buffing this thing even by a small amount like +1 INT maybe +2 if the devs are feeling generous.
    yeah its just unfortunate they made the amulet lvl 30 and kinda weak even in season 3.. not much diff comparing to divine
    and yeah u just proved my point..... so much for being a mythic with +48 armor lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Well.. If buffs keeping getting passed like wildfire... What is the point of legendary gear? Mythics will be the main goal. Endgamers that already acquired it will lose interest in farming elite maps since many of the stats aren't worth the price.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Guys, remember the amulet is level 30, and you are comparing to level 36 legendary amulets. Yes, the mythics are the best by far compared to other items at the same level. But compared to a higher level legendary item, maybe not. It's like comparing a level 30 legendary amulet to a level 36 epic amulet. They will probably be somewhat equal.

Based on what I've seen so far, it seems like a level 26 Arcane item is about equal to a level 31 mythic item, which is about equal to a level 36 legendary item. That is just the way it is, and I think it's just fine like that.

If you were full mythic entering this season, what new gear were you actually expecting to want to get this season? Or did you just expect to take 4 months off and not need anything new the whole time? If this was reality for every mythic player, the economy will go to hell in a hurry as nobody will be buying anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

theyll prolly buff it later or next cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Guys, remember the amulet is level 30, and you are comparing to level 36 legendary amulets. Yes, the mythics are the best by far compared to other items at the same level. But compared to a higher level legendary item, maybe not. It's like comparing a level 30 legendary amulet to a level 36 epic amulet. They will probably be somewhat equal.

Based on what I've seen so far, it seems like a level 26 Arcane item is about equal to a level 31 mythic item, which is about equal to a level 36 legendary item. That is just the way it is, and I think it's just fine like that.

If you were full mythic entering this season, what new gear were you actually expecting to want to get this season? Or did you just expect to take 4 months off and not need anything new the whole time? If this was reality for every mythic player, the economy will go to hell in a hurry as nobody will be buying anything.
    yeah true, its just cuz they said it themselves, mythics should be still better for the following season, if its not like mythic armors - hence why they got buffed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

They were probably expecting what the devs promised. Mythics are good/best for [current season]+1 and arcane good/best for [current season]+2.