Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summary of suggested NEW ACHIEVEMENTS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Yea, but we should avoid the class specific achievements.
    Oh come on, just because rouges dominate pvp doesn't mean pvp kill achievements are specific to rouges, it just means it would be very hard for non-rouges to get them. And think about it, well all of the rouges are working on the pvp kill achieves you could be working in the pve kills and elite boss achieves. Which the pvpers wouldn't have time do, what with them trying to get 1 million pvp kills.

This is bramer - signing out
    Let's make kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

We definitely need more PvE achievements/titles/banners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Like:

Dropped Timebomb 100 times (Time Shift for mage)
    Blew the horn for 100 times (Horn of Renew for warriors)
    Smoked the mobs 100 times (Shadow Veil for rogues)

my silly suggestions.

I like these suggested achievements to add variety to the AP mechanics. Boring to see players with same AP with only PVE kills that keep them different.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

PvP kills doesn't seem like a Rogue-only achievement. Sorcerers and Warriors can get it, it might just take longer.
    Besides, who said you had to go for 100k PvP kills?

And if there are class specific achievements, each class should have it's own then....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    PvP kills doesn't seem like a Rogue-only achievement. Sorcerers and Warriors can get it, it might just take longer.
    Besides, who said you had to go for 100k PvP kills?

And if there are class specific achievements, each class should have it's own then....
    Agree partially with both statements. The point is to have a wide variety of achievements to let players pick and choose which ones they want to do. When keeping the leader boards into perspective, the "Top" board will be dynamic because of all of the possibilities players now have to attain a ranking. The top 25 players would literally be different on a weekly (maybe even daily) basis, and we'd finally be seeing some talented players enter the spot light that otherwise couldn't before. We all know there's players out there who perform better than some of the "Top" players, but since they either 1) don't spend plat 2) don't play as much or 3) simply don't care about the leader boards, we never see their names posted. This idea has equal opportunity written all over it!

But again, I don't think Energizeric's motive behind suggesting this fabulous idea is strictly to revamp the road map to reaching the leader board; but rather, this new laundry list of achievements would keep players genuinely interested in the game's content - new and old alike. The basis behind some of my suggestions was to have players backtrack to older elite content for the achievements.

Speaking specifically to Haligali and Drearivev, adding some class specific achievements seems necessary to me. The reason is because of the unbalanced advantage rogues and sorcerers have over warriors in terms of the timeliness of killing players, mobs and farming/soloing maps. When I mention this, I am considering two assumptions: 1) most players will attempt to solo these achievements rather than group up for them and 2) most warriors do not land the majority of killing blows in PvE/PvP EDIT:in a group environment. Running a map solo, such as Harbor for hunting Elite Bael II, my sorcerer can complete the map almost 2x as fast as my warrior (full mythic with L36 Architect Blade of Assault). So giving the average warrior (keep mythic/maul users out of this) an opportunity to embark on some challenging achievements that wouldn't take hours is a fair addition. For example, let's say that the achievement of "Loot 100 Elite Golden Chests" was implemented. Farming Elite Jarl would be the optimal way to go about this. For rogues and sorcerers, these runs may take 2 or 3 minutes tops. For a warrior, unless they are spec'd full damage which many aren't, we're looking at 4 or 5 minutes. Multiply this by the amount of runs you might have to embark on (let's say 1000), the rogues and sorcerers can complete this achievement in roughly 2000-3000 minutes, whereas warriors will take 4000-5000 minutes. To some these numbers may not seem like much, but we're looking at a difference of 33 hours of game play here in which warriors are at a disadvantage. That's time better spent for the warrior to accrue PvE/PvP kills in my opinion.

I don't have any good ideas for class-specific achievements at the moment. I made this post in hopes to point out the significant class imbalance of some current achievements, so that others can consider this when posting their suggestions. Even though there is indeed a good amount of warriors who have hundreds of thousands of PvE kills and 10k+ PvP kills, these players all dedicate their time strictly to those endeavors. I would guess the reasoning is that there isn't much else to do once you've accomplished the rest of the achievements and geared up. I also realize that it's way too time consuming to map out all of the achievements and compare and analyze the balance among classes. You're basically asking STG to sit down and develop a new game with that amount of work. So to reiterate, some (maybe 2) class-specific achievements would be good, with a decent amount of APs associated. However, the achievements should really encourage players to party up, make friends and join guilds in order to accomplish them. The community needs to remain collaborative, not purely competitive.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    these seem a bit impossible for everyone to complete because mythic pets only come from events , and may never come back .
    Good point. I guess you can't have achievements based on items that can become discontinued and cannot be purchased from the auction. Otherwise new players would never have a chance to get those achievements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I disagree. As long as there are equal number of such achievements for all classes, then it is fine. There are plenty of class specific achievements right now. Flags for example, is much more geared towards warriors, PvP kills is much more geared towards rogues, etc. It will always be that way. But we have separate leaderboards for each class, so we don't have to compete against other classes to get a banner.

The only leaderboard that bothers me where we are not judged only against our own class is the timed runs, and yes I have complained about imbalance on that leaderboard in a separate thread, and was heavily criticized for doing so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I disagree. As long as there are equal number of such achievements for all classes, then it is fine. There are plenty of class specific achievements right now. Flags for example, is much more geared towards warriors, PvP kills is much more geared towards rogues, etc. It will always be that way. But we have separate leaderboards for each class, so we don't have to compete against other classes to get a banner.

The only leaderboard that bothers me where we are not judged only against our own class is the timed runs, and yes I have complained about imbalance on that leaderboard in a separate thread, and was heavily criticized for doing so.
    Yep, and the criticism will definitely follow into this thread if we dabble too much in class imbalance semantics. That's why I had a tough time writing my reply above (you can see how many times I edited it!) It's important to emphasize that the addition of these achievements increases the overall longevity and enjoyment of Arcane Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Some ones I have are:

Warrior

1. Keep allies' health above 50% for 250 complete Elite runs.
    2. Taunt 50k Elite enemies with Windmill
    3. Disrupt 10k Elite enemy attack wind-ups

Rogue

1. 10k allies have stood in your Shadow Veils in (towns dont apply)
    2. Poison 25k enemies with Noxious Bolt
    3. Defeat 100k enemies with Shadow Piercer

Sorcerer

1. Snare 100k enemies with Time Shift
    2. Electrocute 50k "Cursed" enemies
    3. Absorb (x amount) of damage with Arcane Shield

Thinking of more...
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

guys are u mad?!? LOLnLouder 1 million pvp kills?!? That one makes only rogues happy. And even they would spend a life time in pvp to get it.

But I agree. What I would like to see is more quest achieves. Like the gleipnir one. that one was nice because it needed some brains. Somethings I miss a little here in AL.

If you ever have played Order & Chaos u know what I mean.

AL could really profit from that, i.e. to get a certain item you need for that quest, like a ring or something, you need to buy it with small plat or so.

I really would appreciate more quests, rather than pure stupid grinding achieves. and imho there is enough story room for quests in this game. Give us some brainers, not just grinders, devs.

I was kind of dissapointed abuout shuyal. Though i liked the graphics and the new bosses and all, the quest line was rather thin.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

You can also do ones for "bad things", like die X times in a specific way. Or killed X mobs without using a potion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frohnatur View Post
    guys are u mad?!? LOLnLouder 1 million pvp kills?!? That one makes only rogues happy. And even they would spend a life time in pvp to get it.
    Yes, and for mages we can decide to work on PvE kills. And warriors can work on flags. The idea is to have choices. Nobody would ever be able to get all of them, so instead of complaining about the ones you can't do, find ones that you can do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Let me add my favorite.
    This will be in the SOCIAL section.

Made 10 friends.
    Made 50 friends.
    Made 100 friends.
    Made 500 friends.
    Made 1000 friends. [Greedy] title.

Ignored 1 person.
    Ignored 5 people.
    Ignored 10 people.
    Ignored 50 people,
    Ignored 100 people. [Bad Person] title.

Removed 1 friend.
    Removed 5 friends.
    Removed 10 friends.
    Removed 50 friends.
    Removed 100 friends. [Nemesis] title.

Chat 1 time.
    Chat 100 times.
    Chat 1000 times.
    Chat 10000 times. [Spammer] title.
    (These can easily make people spamming chat, but LMAO why should I tell. )

Private message 1 person.
    Private message 10 people.
    Private message 100 people.
    Private message 1000 people. [Messenger] title.

Partied for 1 time.
    Partied for 10 times.
    Partied for 100 times.
    Partied for 1000 times. [Party Fever] title.

Joined 1 guild.
    Joined 5 guilds.
    Joined 10 guilds. [Unfaithful] title.

Joined a guild and stay for 1 week.
    Joined a guild and stay for 1 month.
    Joined a guild and stay for 3 months.
    Joined a guild and stay for 6 months.
    Joined a guild and stay for a year! [Faith] title.

And also, check my previous achievement suggestions in Page 1 of this thread!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1256338
    Thank's.
    Last edited by Maunyabastian; 09-08-2013 at 01:47 AM.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I love this thread

Some suggestions:

Have 1k potions!
    Have 5k potions!
    Have 10k potions!
    Title granted for all achivs [Drunk]

Obtain all Shuyal dimension pets!
    Obtain all Nordr pets!
    Obtain all Kraken Isles pets!
    Title granted for obtaining all pets listed above [Tamed Beast]

Visit a guild hub 100 times!
    Visit a guild hub 50k times!
    Visit a guild hub 100k times!
    Title earned [Cozy]

Completed 10k [Elite] maps!
    Completed 50k [Elite] maps!
    Completed 100k [Elite] maps!
    Title granted [Survivor]

Completed all [Elite] maps without dying!
    Title granted [Ultimate Survivor]

Completed all maps without dying!
    Title granted [Fighter]

Obtain 10m gold and keep them in your stash for 10 days (for players who are rich )
    Title granted [Piggy Bank]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

All cool suggestions. Now let's see what STS does with all of this info. Considering the positive responses in this thread, I think we will see some of these implemented in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

These are really good ideas
    I'd love to see most of these be made into achievements
    CallMeOops
    Earning Gold Daily - Hit Me Up For Elite Runs/Egg Hunting etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    All cool suggestions. Now let's see what STS does with all of this info. Considering the positive responses in this thread, I think we will see some of these implemented in game.
    Agreed, but I really think that we as a community should compile the list, and choose the best 20-30 (or more) and weed out some of the unnecessary ones. The reason I say this (and seriously, no offence to STG), is because these ideas we've come up with are expressions of what we'd like to see in the game - something STG has seemingly overlooked since they created AL. I feel it's up to us to revise the list and come up with a preliminary final draft of suggestions. I'd rather not leave it solely up to the devs to decide. Also, I'm sure they wouldn't mind our help in reducing man hours required to implement this..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Agreed, but I really think that we as a community should compile the list, and choose the best 20-30 (or more) and weed out some of the unnecessary ones. The reason I say this (and seriously, no offence to STG), is because these ideas we've come up with are expressions of what we'd like to see in the game - something STG has seemingly overlooked since they created AL. I feel it's up to us to revise the list and come up with a preliminary final draft of suggestions. I'd rather not leave it solely up to the devs to decide. Also, I'm sure they wouldn't mind our help in reducing man hours required to implement this..
    I'd love to be able to make a list where you can vote on your favorite 10 or something like that. But I think survey threads only allow people to vote to choose one single item.

Also, there is an issue of what is currently possible to keep track of. Lots of suggestions were made for achievements which sound very cool, but for which I know STS could not currently add without some major programming involved. For example, a nice merching achievement would be one which says "spent 10m on auction house listing fees". I think this is a fine idea, and one which most likely would not be abused (who wants to waste 10m gold just for an achievement??). But how does STS keep track of the fees spent by every player? It's a hard one to keep track of and would require a ton of additional programming.

So basically if we want to make it easy for them, the only kinds of achievements which are possible are of these types:

1) ones which can be achieved in a single moment in time, i.e. looted a certain item, equipped a certain item, have certain items (certain pets, certain amount of gold, etc.), killed a certain boss, finish a certain dungeon in a certain time, etc.

2) ones which can be achieved through a quest in the quest window with a counter, i.e. kill 20 elite nordr bosses, find 16 fragments, etc.

3) ones which involve stats that are kept track of on your stat page, i.e. get 10k pvp kills, get 1k flags, get 100k PvE kills, etc.

Anything that requires STS to keep track of something more involved than a simple integer counter (which can be done through a quest), is not going to happen I can assure you. It's just too complicated for them to do. So while it would be cool to give an achievement to those who merch and have spent 10m in auction fees, unless they add a new stat on your stats page and start keeping track of this for each player, I just don't see how it is going to happen. Likewise for other extremely long term things like "used 100k mana potions" -- yes you could do this in the form of a quest, but do you really want this quest sitting in your quest window for the next year while you do it? I don't think so. Quest based achievements should be ones that won't take forever, like "kill 100 elite shuyal bosses".

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Ok. here is my favorite AP entry:

Win a CTF game. (1 to 5 achievement points, depending on how high the difference was to the losing party).

Holy Cow. This would change pvp so much to the better.

I used to play real-life CTF in a polish scout camp when I was about 12.

The team with the most flags captured won. AND GOT THE REWARDS.

Not the other way around, as it is right now with CTF in AL

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

So if these happen.

Tada! 25000+ Aps.
    Welcome Paragons!
    I wish I were me.