Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-09-12 Content Update (129730)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

At least sorcerers got for their decrased survivability more skill dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    ....Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.
    well one upgrade of noxious bolt says: " Each second a target is damaged by Noxious Boltīs poison, they recieve an additional 10% dmg."
    also u can incrase poison dmg +3 secs more
    other: "impact damage for each Noxious Bolt is increased by 15%."
    and if u use Nox after aim shot u have incrased critical chance by 10% for the next 5 secs. not to mention that that crit stucks.

well i think thats plenty of dmg u can make

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Y'all are changing the class balance.

Before this update, what was the designated role for each class?

Sorcerer: Crowd control & Support

Warrior: Pure Tanking

Rogue: Pure Damage

Now, with the change in skills to ONLY warriors & sorcerers, both do more damage in not only PvE, but PvP as well. DoT skills like curse and fireball have a chance to critical & all sorcerer spells have increased critical damage? What gives? Even rogues, which are THE DAMAGE class, don't even have those skill benefits. Heck, our Nox is DoT, yet we don't see a chance for critical hits on that, do we?

What is trying to be accomplished here? Changing the class roles? Now, not only do warriors get more damage, but they also benefit from the damage reduction!!! Where is the balance? I currently do not see any!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

I seriously thought the hooks buff would have been better than what we were given. I would still have to switch to the quills from time to time depending on the situation because hooks are not the best!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I just have a few questions.

For example, why was warrior damage increased while still having the damage reduction nerf present on them? I believe people were saying to boost warrior damage while removing the damage reduction nerf from them.

Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.
    Gotta agree on the second point, it's somewhat BS that rouges got nerfed then you guys give socerors this, I mean ik it's there expansion and all but now what's the point of having a single target dmg dealer when mages can do the same or even more dmg WITH AOE now, giving nox shot the ability to crit would help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.[/QUOTE]

^^This
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Secondly, why are sorcerer DOTs given the ability to crit while spells like Nox bolt for rogue is not.

^^This[/QUOTE]

^^Double This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Now, with the change in skills to ONLY warriors & sorcerers, both do more damage in not only PvE, but PvP as well. DoT skills like curse and fireball have a chance to critical & all sorcerer spells have increased critical damage? What gives? Even rogues, which are THE DAMAGE class, don't even have those skill benefits. Heck, our Nox is DoT, yet we don't see a chance for critical hits on that, do we?

What is trying to be accomplished here? Changing the class roles? Now, not only do warriors get more damage, but they also benefit from the damage reduction!!! Where is the balance? I currently do not see any!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post

^^This
    [/QUOTE]

why cant u just play and see how it goes and then make a comment?

im playing rogue more then u and i dont see a problem. maybe u should try different classes and see... just a suggestion
    Last edited by Uzii; 09-12-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Agreed with everything said here, warriors and Sorcerors constantly complained about rouges being OP now look what happend, balance is completely thrown off but all that's gonna happen now is "oh rouges we're OP before its are turn now sucks to be a rouge change your class if you don't like it" -.-

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Rogues are fine. There is no need to refine our skills. We are good, nothing to see here, please move along.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Rogues are fine. There is no need to refine our skills. We are good, nothing to see here, please move along.
    Your kidding right....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    ^^This

im playing rogue more then u and i dont see a problem. maybe u should try different classes and see... just a suggestion[/QUOTE]

No.

I'm sick of this nonsense. Each class has it's designated role. In PL, people knew that when picking their classes. Here, the same should be acknowledged. So, my question is...why is a SUPPORT class getting even more damage - enough damage to match a rogue? Also, with warriors, why does the damage nerf in PvP AND increased damage in PvP benefit them so much? They're a TANKING class. Therefore, of course they're not going to get many kills.

This is completely throwing off the balance of classes. Not cool, guys.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    ^^This

im playing rogue more then u and i dont see a problem. maybe u should try different classes and see... just a suggestion[/QUOTE]

I do play Mage bruh. Fluff told us to hush so I will...
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Rogues are fine PvE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

In the most recent posts, STS has stated that they wanted to find a more use for the warrior's role because 3 mages + 1 rougue could essentially dominate any map in record time. So in a crude sort of fashion, they've buffed the other 2 classes and left us high and dry. We're no longer the damage or DPS kings
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

im playing rogue more then u and i dont see a problem. maybe u should try different classes and see... just a suggestion
    No.

I'm sick of this nonsense. Each class has it's designated role. In PL, people knew that when picking their classes. Here, the same should be acknowledged. So, my question is...why is a SUPPORT class getting even more damage - enough damage to match a rogue? Also, with warriors, why does the damage nerf in PvP AND increased damage in PvP benefit them so much? They're a TANKING class. Therefore, of course they're not going to get many kills.

This is completely throwing off the balance of classes. Not cool, guys.
    [/QUOTE]

well sorcerers r not a support class. only if the player decided to be so. warriors want to be competetive in pvp also.

just read forum and try to understand. they r trying to please everyone.

rogues r strong class in every aspect. they can solo, tank, do high dmg... other 2 classes r not able to do all that at once.

lets see how it plays. its only few hours out. rogues r still the same. other 2 classes just got a little buff. its not the end of the world.

i miss though real class difference like it is in sl. there every class knows whats their role. and game mechanics r balanced all around that.
    even not so balanced party dominates. enginiers heal, comandos tanks and operatives deal dmg. i dont need to use a single stimp! and mobs die like flies.
    Last edited by Uzii; 09-12-2013 at 04:43 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #76
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

That was never the intended role of the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer is supposed to be AOE Damage with some control. We don't want a dedicated support character. These are steps in that direction. Crit is just becoming the Sorcerers 'thing'. Rogues will be looked at as well and have something different. Not going to just do the same update on the Rogues as I do on the Sorcerer, then their powercurve moves up equally, just leaving the warrior behind.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

A b C d E f G h I j K l M n O p Q r S t u V w X y Z
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

Soooo confused

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

No.

This is completely throwing off the balance of classes. Not cool, guys.[/QUOTE]

Again I agree, you knew the role of your class when you picked it, just because of complaint threads Sorcerors and Warriors get boosted and rouges are left high & dry out of the equation, but watch when rouges ask for one thing and everyone says "nope rouges are OP" so what happens now that Sorcerors can do more dmg then rouges? Rouges become useless? And Watch when we are asking for it to be a EVEN balance the others classes are gonna cry to not give anything to the rouges, you guys got your upgrades we don't nesscecareily want a upgrade but make it a fair balance! Give nox the ability to crit or even give aimed shot a bleed effect, idk but I just think its BS that rouges get nerfed (for no real reason I might add) we didn't complain about getting nerfed yet now other classes got boosted and we get nothing? Yep that's totally balanced and "fair"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

haha those quotes r messed up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

^ And it's your fault.

/edit

I take that back. My own reading comprehension is terrible apparently. Quotes got messed up way before yours did haha. Sorry.

So um. Go sorcerers? Hehe.
    Last edited by Yakiniku; 09-12-2013 at 04:49 PM.