Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-09-12 Content Update (129730)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Okay, then what's in store for us, because right now you just made sorcerers much more powerful & rogues are left behind.
    I understand your concern with this, but the patch has been out for only a mere a few hours. Let's play with the updates for awhile and then provide Swede more precise feedback in another thread - which I'm sure you'd be willing to start

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Some food for thought

Just fought 5 wars in PVP
    Pretty much they don't die and rogues/mages don't stand a chance unless we're teamed with 3 pro wars or 4+ good wars

Maybe nerf Horn of Renew in PVP so it doesn't provide a bubble protection on allies? or lower the heal rate on allies?
    Since when was Wars a healing class?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Thanks for update: )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Some food for thought

Pretty much they don't die and rogues/mages don't stand a chance unless we're teamed with 3 pro wars or 4+ good wars

Maybe nerf Horn of Renew in PVP so it doesn't provide a bubble protection on allies? or lower the heal rate on allies?
    Love, a team full of warriors always did this.. nothing new here -.-

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

hell...gale wind is messed up. i charge fully to knock mobs away but instead moves pushes me to whcihever direction im facing?

whats the point?!? now i cant control my mage and i end up dead.

the movement speed should have stuck with when it is fully charged

now im going to use another skill geez. i wanted that gale wind because of speed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    hell...gale wind is messed up. i charge fully to knock mobs away but instead moves pushes me to whcihever direction im facing?

whats the point?!? now i cant control my mage and i end up dead.

the movement speed should have stuck with when it is fully charged

now im going to use another skill geez. i wanted that gale wind because of speed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Seems like it's an updated oriented for PVP mages who want to "flag", "chase", "run back to the fight"
    They on are par with rogues now in terms of flagging speed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Okay, a rational review after playing around a bit.

First of all, what are the advantages of the rogue class? Critical, Dodge, Speed, & Rapid Damage, correct?

Now, what are the advantages of a sorcerer? Heal, Mana, High AOE damage, & Stuns, correct?

So, what has buffing the majority of sorcerer skills produced? Okay, first of all, the increased damage on critical - I am fine with. However, the critical hits on DoT skills? That's a little too much, developers. Let me explain why. First of all, lets take a look at curse. Before the recent buff of this skill, this skill could already take out an entire team of players in PvP if enough damage was reflected back. Now? Well, now it's been given the chance for critical hits as well. Now, for any rogue facing that skill...how's he supposed to combat it? Not attack back for 7-8 seconds all the while attempting to tank the sorcerer's other critical hit DoT skills as well as high damage skills like lightning and fireball? Seriously, unless a rogue gets the early attack or a sorcerer doesn't know what he/she is doing, the rogue IS a goner.

Before this update, there was a healthy balance between the rogue and sorcerer class. Now, the fine line is not present anymore.

Secondly, the damage increase on warriors. I get it - warriors do not get enough kills. However, that is supplemented by their near immortality. Do developers realize that in order to even have a chance at killing a warrior, a rogue has to empty his/her entire mana bar? Now, that's the way it should be, but to give the warriors extra damage on top of their excellent survivability & 10% damage reduction in PvP is just insanity.

Thirdly, this new gale upgrade. I believe speed was the rogue's thing, correct? So why are sorcerers suddenly having their skills become more rogue-like? They were plenty powerful before this. Heck, I know this because I love having sorcerers on my team in PvP or PvE! It speeds up runs/makes kills even faster!

I get that y'all say that you're going to balance one class at a time, but...that shouldn't mean that the other classes have to "deal with it" while you're tweaking things. If you're going to apply game changing changes like this, please, provide counterbalances! This is truly not okay.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Some food for thought

I made this same suggestion long ago. Making it so that the bubble protection doesn't apply to allies won't nerf individual warriors, it will just nerf a group of warriors, which I think we all agree are way OP. And they could make this change only for PvP, and in PvE make it work as it always has.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

if its for pvp then there should be two options for mages wind backward and wind charged forward.

i never pvp. that wind is the reason why i use the skill for pve i like its attributes. never liked clock

as for those complaining about wind speed this is nothing new. its been there since it started. the changes are just how it is used

seems these skill changes are because people complain in pvp. why cant sts provide pve and pvp skill sets. i know it has been requested a long time ago

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by chitgoks; 09-12-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I get that y'all say that you're going to balance one class at a time, but...that shouldn't mean that the other classes have to "deal with it" while you're tweaking things. If you're going to apply game changing changes like this, please, provide counterbalances! This is truly not okay.
    Do you know how long mages have been 'dealing with it' and waiting for this expansion while rogues dominated? Read these threads from season 2, don't they sound familar?

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...he-Leaderboard
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l-Leaderboards

Where were all of the rogues back then complaining that mages should be buffed? Rogues were happy to be at the top and nothing was mentioned about tweaking things. And yet until very recently people were saying the same thing about rogues. So you had a 9 month run that is pretty good. Rogues will always be good, and I doubt anything done today changes that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Do you know how long mages have been 'dealing with it' and waiting for this expansion while rogues dominated? Read these threads from season 2, don't they sound familar?

Where were all of the rogues back then complaining that mages should be buffed? Rogues were happy to be at the top and nothing was mentioned about tweaking things. And yet until very recently people were saying the same thing about rogues. So you had a 9 month run that is pretty good. Rogues will always be good, and I doubt anything done today changes that.
    The Nordr Expansion and Shuyal did balance classes for the most part, so the 9 months of being on top is exaggerated. The classes WERE balanced. None of the pro sorcerers were complaining for a reason. Now? Why fix what wasn't broken?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post

Why must people keep comparing all the classes to each other?
    Every class SHOULD NOT be on equal terms of skill ability/power relative to another class but it seems like there's a bunch of you on forums who can't see this.

The reason why dif classes exist is so people can choose the class that best suits them.
    Some people prefer support and mobbing so they go mage.
    Some people like it laid back and don't like to die as much so they go war.
    While others who just love raw damage go for rogue .

Ofc there's many cons/pros to each class and dif classes are put at an advantage/disadvantage in different scenarios and this is exactly why maps are for 4-5 players b/c the variety of classes and skill builds support each other to make the best combination.
    You can't justify your class is weak just b/c you lose to some Rogue in a 1v1.

* and the forward dash on gale is lol stuff, was it b/c mages kept crying they couldn't flag as fast as wars/rogues?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

OK. I will be carefully constructive and factual.

Rogue: Level 36 current maximum damage is 377.4 with full mythics and an arcane pet.

Warrior: Level 36 current maximum damage is 471.6 with full mythics and an arcane pet.

Mage: Level 36 current maximum damage is 410-480 damage depending on mythic or arcane weapon/pet.

I feel this is a problem because Mages and Warriors can currently obtain up to 100 more damage than any rogue can - and much more than that, clearing 500 with their procs.

With the amount of mauls released to date, the balance in PVP has been increasingly unfavorable. Now with the inclusion of crit to damage over time with mage skills, as well as increased warrior damage in the pvp environment, my concern is that the rogue class will be left in the dust, making the game much less enjoyable and heavily weighted to the other classes.

As a solution, I would like to see all classes be able to obtain a semblance of equality when it comes to damage. Especially for pvp, this is imperative to having a functional, fair gaming environment. Having one class with such a massive handicap in the damage department can only have negative effects.

All classes should be equal damage-wise, with the attraction to each being their different styles and skills for use in battle.

I would suggest increasing the rogue weapon damage in the same way the other class's weapons were increased when the level cap rose. At the moment our weapon stats are the same as they were at 31, as per the bow adjustment, and I believe this needs to be looked into again.

I hope this was factual and clear enough to be of assistance.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Rogue: Level 36 current maximum damage is 377.4 with full mythics and an arcane pet.

Warrior: Level 36 current maximum damage is 471.6 with full mythics and an arcane pet.

Mage: Level 36 current maximum damage is 410-480 damage depending on mythic or arcane weapon/pet.

I feel this is a problem because Mages and Warriors can currently obtain up to 100 more damage than any rogue can - and much more than that, clearing 500 with their procs.

With the amount of mauls released to date, the balance in PVP has been increasingly unfavorable. Now with the inclusion of crit to damage over time with mage skills, as well as increased warrior damage in the pvp environment, my concern is that the rogue class will be left in the dust, making the game much less enjoyable and heavily weighted to the other classes.

As a solution, I would like to see all classes be able to obtain a semblance of equality when it comes to damage. Especially for pvp, this is imperative to having a functional, fair gaming environment. Having one class with such a massive handicap in the damage department can only have negative effects.

All classes should be equal damage-wise, with the attraction to each being their different styles and skills for use in battle.

I would suggest increasing the rogue weapon damage in the same way the other class's weapons were increased when the level cap rose. At the moment our weapon stats are the same as they were at 31, as per the bow adjustment, and I believe this needs to be looked into again.

I hope this was factual and clear enough to be of assistance.
    Dont forget the amount of health difference.
    Wars cant have higher dmg, and higher health how is that fair.
    Nice post sera

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

More and more warriors owns an arcane maul and the process stun in PVP nobody dares to challenge them (it is so much affordable now 25m+? for a maul). Warriors tends to chase after smurfs in PVP cause of low hp and easy targets we runs slowly.

For Rouges? They can escape fast .... so what are the class balance you guys debating?

Hardly see any arcane wands release < 5 maybe at the moment in the game and it doesn't stun like Arcane Maul.

my 2 cents worth of thoughts on PVP for the 3 classes
    Last edited by will0; 09-12-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Holy...
    Time to play some AL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Hi Serancha. Just curious how you came with this number - it looks more like a Maul warrior's damage. I say this because I am a L36 warrior in full mythics and an arcane pet, sitting at 330 damage without 5% passive included.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default bael/krunch 2 update?

It isn't mentioned anywhere but did this patch inc bael's dmg? I know this was already buffed last week but I just finished killing him with fellow guildmates and he kept throwing one hit punches,.considering we were almost a full mythic equipped party cept for one. anyone else notice this?
    SeksiMARI
    CLIMAX Guildmaster

Play nice, stranger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

This is not a realistic comparison. Rogues still own dmg output. Thanks to stacking crits and rapid fire. Like I mentioned in a previous post, even the fake rogue aoe skills do more dmg than mages aoe. Check alrisaia blender

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

The Nordr Expansion and Shuyal did balance classes for the most part, so the 9 months of being on top is exaggerated. The classes WERE balanced. None of the pro sorcerers were complaining for a reason. Now? Why fix what wasn't broken?
    They weren't. We were complaining since forever... And this game isn't played just by pros u know? I guess mages are not as talkative and loud as you rogues

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

H

The toeless smurf!