Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Regarding new update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Before this change, sorcerers could kill many before. I really don't see you much in PvP & honestly, from what I've seen, the pro sorcerers really do not complain. Why? Things were balanced. Now? They're definitely out balanced.
    And how many of those "pros" have actually a forum account? Or even bother to post on forum? Maybe they just adapted and moved on....
    No meaning to disregard ur post, just this can be the case too.

EDIT: How many means more like 1 or 2
    not really going to change my name, thers many Uzi´s actually in game not just me or u.
    if u feel uncomfortable u can change ur name also
    Last edited by Uzii; 09-13-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    And how many of those "pros" have actually a forum account? Or even bother to post on forum? Maybe they just adapted and moved on....
    Uzii you should change ur name people think that you are me.
    I dont want to be mistaken for someone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    I would consider Energizeric to be one of those pros. He has made statements on the forums of having being able to beat most rogues with ease. So, that is testimony to the fact that rogues are NOT OP.

Again, I will reiterate. Just because a class is harder to master, like a bear in PL, does not mean the class was underpowered. It just takes more time to master that class and utilize it for killing.

Example A: I used to think warriors were weak in AL, but after fighting against them & learning how the pros fight, I retract that statement. Same thing goes with sorcerers. I used to think that they too are weak, but when the pros use the class to their true potential, it is obvious that the class WAS NOT weak.

The thing is, the number of complainers severely outnumber the number of players who actually know how to play their class. And, as shown, the complainers got their way instead of actually learning to utilize the class properly.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uziscata View Post
    Uzii you should change ur name people think that you are me.
    I dont want to be mistaken for someone else.
    Lolz, that's what I thought.

But how are hooks worse than they were before because the quills are better? o.o That makes no sense....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Wait. So, this update sewed up the mages weak point: Crit. And it also sewed up the warriors weak point: Damage.

Yet it didnt fix the rogues mana? I am Gobsmacked on how this update didnt give the class benefits. Biased update imo
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Something I should clarify, btw. Personally, I don't find that much difficulty in PvP. Why? I am truly maxed damage (Full Mythic with Samael & Hammerjaw).

However, there are many that don't have the resources and great pets that others like myself have. As a test, I tried PvPing with other pets that I used to use: Malison, Talon, Slag, etc. While they're still good pets, these new damage increases leave people with lesser pets feeling the full wrath of these changes.

At the end of the day, I'm still the guy usually killing the most in the game, provided that I know what I'm doing. However, those that don't have the gear I do have taken extremley noticeable hits.

Also, most of the mages I know that are stating everything is fine are not full mythic/arcane. I don't think they're taking into account how powerful these DoTs become when mages have crit higher than all but maxed rogues. It's very noticeable when their DoTs stack and crit 1/3 of the time on top of their already existing spell damage. C'mon guy...critical on DoT wasn't needed. Sure, keep the increased damage on critical hit for the spells, but critical on DoT is just overboard.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Wait. So, this update sewed up the mages weak point: Crit. And it also sewed up the warriors weak point: Damage.

Yet it didnt fix the rogues mana? I am Gobsmacked on how this update didnt give the class benefits. Biased update imo
    That's what I'm saying! Critical was rogue territory & developers have given it to mages. Honestly, that is not right. Only 2-3 of our spells have increased damage on critical hit and one of them is useless (SSS)! So giving the damage class all these upgrades ON TOP of DoT criticals is just insanity.

Seriously, take away the DoT criticals. Sorcerers already do enough damage with the increased damage on critical already! The upgrades you have given them provide an insane amount of damage on just the increased damage on critical alone. Mage vs. rogue fights were already close before this update, but now, the scales have tipped.

There was once a game called PL. In this game, eventually mages overpowered even a bird's critical and did more damage than them despite the bird being the damage class. The way developers are making changes now, the same thing will happen to AL.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-13-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    In the hour and a half period in which I played numerous CTF games against different opponents, I accrued maybe 10 kills.
    Are you serious or is it the work of hyperbole? Thats like one kill every 10 minutes, and even non mythic warriors can get more kills

I think we all agree from the above posts that a mana solution (possibly even mine: http://tinyurl.com/os4b2mt) should be added as a benefit for rogues because the other classes have improved their weaknesses.

Also, the rogue had two advantages over the mage and warrior CRIT + DODGE. This update, mages were buffed crit for no apparent reason. No suggestions were made, and crit was probably not important for a mage anyways because of their BRUTE damage. Crit should always be less for mages/warriors, its a rogues speciality, its rogue territory..
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

PvP in this game is an arms race. This is proven by all of these posts either trying to get something or trying to deny others. People claiming things are/were balanced. The point is, things were never balanced and never have been balanced. If you think things were balanced then its because things are in your favor, as in you are top geared, your class has some benefits you are exploiting to be successful. Rogues don't like being stun locked. Nerf stun. Mages don't like to be one hit KO'd nerf rogue's crit damage. Mages always had crit on DoT, this was proven by time shift. I can pull some old videos to prove it. I believe what they did was boost the crit damage for DoT. Because you got like 2-3 extra points of damage. Nothing really exciting and the only DoT damage you have in PvP is fireball. Its not like PvE where mages have 3 skills with DoT. Mages in PvP are limited to two offensive skills with one skill being really for stunning, and lightning for the kill shot. And even with all of these changes the most crit chance we are talking about is in the 30% neighborhood for mages. And thats top geared with an arcane pet and full mythics. Who knows maybe now Ribbit will be a viable option for mages. Because you are all getting over excited about DoT crit damage, when I am seeing significantly more crit damage on lightning. And up to now with all of the raging, I have only seen 2 people bring up this fact. I would be more worried about the crit damage from lightning then anything else. I don't think you guys even know what to get upset over.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Are you serious or is it the work of hyperbole? Thats like one kill every 10 minutes, and even non mythic warriors can get more kills

I think we all agree from the above posts that a mana solution (possibly even mine: http://tinyurl.com/os4b2mt) should be added as a benefit for rogues because the other classes have improved their weaknesses.

Also, the rogue had two advantages over the mage and warrior CRIT + DODGE. This update, mages were buffed crit for no apparent reason. No suggestions were made, and crit was probably not important for a mage anyways because of their BRUTE damage. Crit should always be less for mages/warriors, its a rogues speciality, its rogue territory..
    I understand where you're coming from regarding this comment. I logged on and rechecked my stats from last night: I accrued 12 kills and 13 deaths. I'm almost embarassed to disclose that information, but it's the truthful outcome of my first PvP session this season. I can assure you, I perform fairly well in PvP, and so far I'm not seeing a drastic change in my overall damage - but I will have to engage in some more PvP over the weekend to start formulating an accurate assessment. Throughout the hour and a half spent yesterday, I was only able to fight a sorcerer and rogue 1 on 1 on two occasions - both which I defeated and accrued points. The rest of the time was spent in legitimate 5v5 or 5v4 action, where I wasn't having any luck landing the killing blows and was constantly beat to the punch by rogues/sorcerers (not saying I deserved all those killing blows, mind you). Anyway, the point I was trying to make with sharing my PvP kills number here was to show you that even a pretty good warrior is not a wrecking machine due to these new changes. In fact, the several changes across the board related to damage seem to be pretty balanced so far - but time will tell and we'll continue to record our observations here I'm sure. However, if there was any sort of obvious unbalance from granting us warriors the extra damage, then I would probably be posting that I walked away with a few dozen kills rather than 12.

There are several factors involved with landing killing blows, and it's not a very good example of the impact the new PvP mechanics have had on our game play. With that being said, I will continue to try out new specs (tonight is full on damage!) and offer my experiences here (as a warrior) for you rogues to cipher through.

Furthermore, as most of you know, I also play a sorcerer. So expect some feedback from those accounts as well
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-13-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    PvP in this game is an arms race. This is proven by all of these posts either trying to get something or trying to deny others. People claiming things are/were balanced. The point is, things were never balanced and never have been balanced. If you think things were balanced then its because things are in your favor, as in you are top geared, your class has some benefits you are exploiting to be successful. Rogues don't like being stun locked. Nerf stun. Mages don't like to be one hit KO'd nerf rogue's crit damage. Mages always had crit on DoT, this was proven by time shift. I can pull some old videos to prove it. I believe what they did was boost the crit damage for DoT. Because you got like 2-3 extra points of damage. Nothing really exciting and the only DoT damage you have in PvP is fireball. Its not like PvE where mages have 3 skills with DoT. Mages in PvP are limited to two offensive skills with one skill being really for stunning, and lightning for the kill shot. And even with all of these changes the most crit chance we are talking about is in the 30% neighborhood for mages. And thats top geared with an arcane pet and full mythics. Who knows maybe now Ribbit will be a viable option for mages. Because you are all getting over excited about DoT crit damage, when I am seeing significantly more crit damage on lightning. And up to now with all of the raging, I have only seen 2 people bring up this fact. I would be more worried about the crit damage from lightning then anything else. I don't think you guys even know what to get upset over.
    We are saying that rogues didnt get buffed whilst the other classes weaknesses HAVE been buffed. Crits on DoT is a good thing because its like an extra fireball and that will do considerable damage WHILST allowing you to fire off other skills. See, were not raging, you cant understand people at all...
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I understand where you're coming from regarding this comment. I logged on and rechecked my stats from last night: I accrued 12 kills and 13 deaths. I'm almost embarassed to disclose that information, but it's the truthful outcome of my first PvP session this season. I can assure you, I perform fairly well in PvP, and so far I'm not seeing a drastic change in my overall damage - but I will have to engage in some more PvP over the weekend to start formulating an accurate assessment. Throughout the hour and a half spent yesterday, I was only able to fight a sorcerer and rogue 1 on 1 on two occasions - both which I defeated and accrued points. The rest of the time was spent in legitimate 5v5 or 5v4 action, where I wasn't having any luck landing the killing blows and was constantly beat to the punch by rogues/sorcerers (not saying I deserved all those killing blows, mind you). Anyway, the point I was trying to make with sharing my PvP kills number here was to show you that even a pretty good warrior is not a wrecking machine due to these new changes. In fact, the several changes across the board related to damage seem to be pretty balanced so far - but time will tell and we'll continue to record our observations here I'm sure. However, if there was any sort of obvious unbalance from granting us warriors the extra damage, then I would probably be posting that I walked away with a few dozen kills rather than 12.

There are several factors involved with landing killing blows, and it's not a very good example of the impact the new PvP mechanics have had on our game play. With that being said, I will continue to try out new specs (tonight is full on damage!) and offer my experiences here (as a warrior) for you rogues to cipher through.

Furthermore, as most of you know, I also play a sorcerer. So expect some feedback from those accounts as well
    Haha, then you must have had a bad team or your team kept ksing you! But as a tank in a 5v5 situation, killing shouldnt be your main aim
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

We are saying that rogues didnt get buffed whilst the other classes weaknesses HAVE been buffed. Crits on DoT is a good thing because its like an extra fireball and that will do considerable damage WHILST allowing you to fire off other skills. See, were not raging, you cant understand people at all...
    Anytime I see a post by you I consider it raging. So because you didn't get buffed its a bad thing? I suggest you wait your turn, they said they will do something with rogues. And when they do I can tell you I won't be posting things like the same day they make the changes. Give it a few days to even know how the changes are effecting the game.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear:1264334
    Anytime I see a post by you I consider it raging. So because you didn't get buffed its a bad thing? I suggest you wait your turn, they said they will do something with rogues. And when they do I can tell you I won't be posting things like the same day they make the changes. Give it a few days to even know how the changes are effecting the game.
    I have to agree, but it shouldve been done with all the others.

But everytime I post isnt raging. You just dont understand people.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Mage vs. rogue fights were already close before this update, but now, the scales have tipped.
    seriously Apollo?! So this is what it comes down to!?

well then, stop complaining and find a counter strategy.. learn to fight your class.. again, just quoting yourself

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Haha, then you must have had a bad team or your team kept ksing you! But as a tank in a 5v5 situation, killing shouldnt be your main aim
    It's true, the majority of my teams last night were not satisfactory to say the least. Although your definition of "KS" is not accurate here (players in this game misuse the word all the time), I already mentioned that I was not lucky in landing any of the killing blows and this indeed was the case for the majority of my PvP session yesterday.

I appreciate your criticism, however, I can assure you that I know my role as a tank in PvP very well. My post wasn't meant to sound misleading and give readers the notion that kills are what I'm after in a 5v5 scenario. In fact, if you remember my first post within this thread, I clearly stated that I was successful in defending myself and supporting my group in these situations. Regardless, providing my PvP kills information is, in my mind, a constructive building block in debunking the argument that warrior damage is 'too high' with the recent changes. It's a logical fact that if my AE damage delivered from Skyward Smash was on par with that of sorcerers, then I would be walking away from each game with a lot more "KSs" than usual.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Yeah I am not quite too sure what the update notes were referring to. To me it seemed as though mages always had crit on dot. It was most noticable with time when used on a large crowd. You could watch the crits rolling, although it used to only slightly increase the damage (say from 10 to 12 per tick). Maybe they mean that the increased damage of crit also applies to dot? Or alternately the chance for crit is rerolled for every tick of dot rather than each enemy getting either all dot ticks with or without crit based on one roll? I think we need some clarification from the developers about what has changed, as the current patch notes don't make sense
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 09-13-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Yeah I am not quite too sure what the update notes were referring to. To me it seemed as though mages always had crit on dot. It was most noticable with time when used on a large crowd. You could watch the crits rolling, although it used to only slightly increase the damage (say from 10 to 12 per tick). Maybe they mean that the increased damage of crit also applies to dot? Or alternately the chance for crit is rerolled for every tick of dot rather than each enemy getting either all dot ticks with or without crit based on one roll? I think we need some clarification from the developers about what has changed, as the current patch notes don't make sense
    I agree, this was a very confusing patch note. All DoTs (fire, ice, clock) were already crit-capable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

I have said it in another thread but i think it fits well in here too.

I think this update was intended to change balance. Not even things out so that we are back to point A. That would have rendered it redundant.
    The update itself is proof that the developers deemed the balance tipped too much in favor of one class (in pvp).

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

we should just stop 1v1-ing and play CTF for real... problem solved? Warriors tank, Mages dish out AOE dmg, Rogues target dmg dealers?

PL: Fear