Thread: Inside the mind of a Psykopath

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Inside the mind of a Psykopath

Ok so instead of replying to 5 diff posts and making 3 I just figured I'd collect my thoughts here and see what every1 has to say.

1st off - Wind , forward dash
    I am totally in love with this skill. We finally have the ability to flag competitively with other classes as well as adding some new aspects to our combat. It greatly differs from the rogue dash. There is an aoe (or not) followed by the dash instead of dash into an attack in possibly more dashes.
    Alot of people have said that it is OP. I have heard alot of people say that it's not fair that we can always move wherever we want (which we can't). To that I say when we are close to an enemy in pvp it pulls us to them we jist have to he slightly closer than rogues do. You say why can't rogues control theirs as such? Simple, look at the skills as I described them above. Mages are using a gust of wind to propel themselves. Rogues are moving in as an attack so of course they would move towards an enemy where a sorcerer would not. You now say ok whatever, but it's still OP! Tell me how it's OP? I would like to know? I bet the problem is we can keep up on flags so other classes don't like that. Also warriors with axe pull can't keep us indefinitely trapped so I am sure they aren't too happy about that now are they. The rogues also, they can't just pierce to a Mage who has shield on cool down and 1 shot us with aimed any more. Boo _____ hoo. We have a means to defend ourselves and to flag. It is in no way a killing technique that does any crazy damage or give any major advantage. Everyone is just mad they are losing their free kills. ( On a side not Swede, there is a lil glitch with wind and axe throw conflicting. It throws us indefinitely in one direction or the other til the nearest wall comes. Quite hilarious but quite inconvenient.

2nd topic - Staff vs Gun
    My opinion on this subject is comparing firesquid to mythic gun. Both best below arcane I believe.
    Mythic gun - great for offensive builds in pvp. Shoots all directions and gives great bonus to skills. Also good for elites because of the high skill damage.

Firesquid - I haven't bought 1 but am considering. Very high dps. Seems like it would fit in well with support builds and flag builds, where there is shield heal curse + 1 other attack. The damage added to that 1 attack seems subpar to the dps upgrade and aoe of the staff. Therefore I believe for defensive pvp and tombs firesquid may be the new go to for any top sorc. Further tests to come.

Last topic - other parts of the newest updates
    Lower damage to all classes. You would think this would help sorcerers due to the lesser amount of 1 hits. It did help in this way but it also hurt our latest weapon (curse) in which our fast kills before rogues can notice have diminished. It did do as intended I believe and create a more strategic pvp environment. I also believe that this change has actually made heal a more viable pvp option, but still makes killing rogues in 1v1 situations difficult.

Sorc crit increase - I haven't really done any testing. Seems like it's helpful to balance us with our DoT output compared to the rogues instant damage output. I can't say one way or another whether it helps the balance or not but I can't complain about a lil extra help.

Warrior damage increase - I don't think they needed much. The average warrior couldn't kill but maulers were still ridiculous. I think a better solution may have been to slightly buff top warrior pinks, but we sorcs were given a gift with our wind and crit so I feel I should not complain on this. Congrats on your new found killing abilities to you warriors and let's have at it. I think the damage is pretty great balance for your class other than maulers anyways.

Rogue arcane hook upgrade - I have no idea about this 1. Feel free to fill me in just don't spam the thread with rage posts. Lol. Hopefully the rogues got em a nice lil gift like the other classes.

(To all the same old people whining about the same old crap, overpowered this and how come you won't make it easy for me devs!just give my class everything and make them suck! Lmao. To all of you, step up your game , switch classes, or go tell someone who cares. I don't care which. )

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Psykopathic28 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Psykopathic28 do you think gale AOE will be useful in PVP? just that you did touch on it on first topic, I personally never use it in PVP fights does it scatter if the group clunk together?

What you have mentioned is more on flagging i guess.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    Psykopathic28 do you think gale AOE will be useful in PVP? just that you did touch on it on first topic, I personally never use it in PVP fights does it scatter if the group clunk together?

What you have mentioned is more on flagging i guess.
    Yes, I do believe the AoE upgrade works wonderfully in PvP. Rogues and mages both tend to stay as close to warrs as possible and in group fights tend to be directly behind warrs. AoE wind is the perfect tool to be able to separate the lower hp players from the pack. This enables yourself, with lightning, or your rogue team mates if you are in a support / defense / flag set up to come in and finish them quickly before they receive their warriors protection which in turns allows for a swift finish to the entire battle in most cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Thanks psy, for these detailed observations about skills and game mechanics. Theres always something new to learn, same as when i read posts by energizeric.
    I am happy with the change even though im not a killng machine yet - i never desired to be, btw... But i am very pleased that now i do have a steady kill rate wich allows me to look into the future, where i will someday before christmas reach my 10k kill achievement. And the most frustrating days, when i just got 10 kills or so, despite of ours spent in pvp, are hopefully over.
    and i feel glad for the warriors beeing able to gain more kills thanks to the increased damage.
    yes, all of this comes with a cost for someone... Rogues. But i still see them in pvp killing off whole teams and getting the most kills of all classes (rightfully, i agree), so there shouldnt be complaints, unless u ar like little children who cry when they have to share some of their birthday cake with the party guests.

to wind gale: fantastic for flag farming, but for kills there are better alternatives i guess. Curse, frost...

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Thanks Psykopathic28, after trying gale i think it is good for flagging and not too much for PVP attacks as damage are quite low thought the 50% buff only 4 sec after that if there's no shield we are dead meat infront of Pro-rogues with >3k hp, also it dash forward after AOE and we pause like 1-2 sec before we can attack. AOE it does not stun the players as well thus we are left open after the dash.

Personally i felt using arcane shield + light or curse are more effective ... but this skills not for groups with 2 Warriors unless both sides have warrior tanks.
    Last edited by will0; 09-16-2013 at 10:33 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    Thanks Psykopathic28, after trying gale i think it is good for flagging and not too much for PVP attacks as damage are quite low thought the 50% buff only 4 sec after that if there's no shield we are dead meat infront of Pro-rogues with >3k hp, also it dash forward after AOE and we pause like 1-2 sec before we can attack. AOE it does not stun the players as well thus we are left open after the dash.

Personally i felt using arcane shield + light or curse are more effective ... but this skills not for groups with 2 Warriors unless both sides have warrior tanks.
    I run shield heal curse wind with 3500 hp.
    Also you are never stunned at the end if a dash. It's more like a snare. You can still attack and use all your skills. You simply can't walk for like 1-2 seconds. The solution is to simply throw yourself into a wall so that you stun them and remain next to them in order to still be able to bombard with with reg attacks and maybe a curse. You are right about the damage though, it's slightly less, but I'm not trying to make it out to be an amazing offense. It's becoming a staple for any flagging or support type of build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Another legendary weapon to take into consideration is the architect pylon of brut. I would actually consider this above the firesquid, and better than the mythic gun in some situations. It falls only roughly 11 dmg less then the gun, and when proced has .4 dmg more (note: the proc is a lot more often then the gun). On top of this it has 94+ str, and a nice amount of extra dps. I find it better for tearing through elite mobs, and also saves on mana pots (due to the other part of the proc). Similarly, its useful in 5v5 pvp matches.

On gale, i believe there could be modifications still. Charging causes issues in pve. Flying through a group of mobs ur trying to kill, i find not useful. Then after we've successfully come to a stop we are stunned for roughly a second, thats good against elite mobs. Heres a quote from something i posted in another thread, which i believe would help the skill in these regards, make the other classes happy, but still retain the benifits of gale now.

For the dash, reduce the distance (we can do without that final slide), get rid of the small stun that comes after the slide, and cause to ram targets in front or to the sides. This means we couldnt just run through a group, we would ram into targets, but only if they are in front or to the side, we would not ram behind us (similar to how fire ball is without 1st upgrade). This would help in attacking for both pve and pvp, so we dont run past our targets, but we would still have the option to run from whats behind us. Yet, with the small distance decrease, we wouldnt be uncatchable.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Nice mind you got here *inspects*

Crazy, but quite nice.

Yknow one thing ive noticed about you psyko? You play mages COMPLETELY different from mostly everyone else. From what ive seen, you don't rely on stuns but brutal, killing power. And go #nomanaforyou.

I see gale a part of your build - you're the ONLY smurf I've witnessed using it amazingly.

On-topic, I agree about them points u put up. Gun still>staff in 1v1s IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Nice mind you got here *inspects*

Crazy, but quite nice.

Yknow one thing ive noticed about you psyko? You play mages COMPLETELY different from mostly everyone else. From what ive seen, you don't rely on stuns but brutal, killing power. And go #nomanaforyou.

I see gale a part of your build - you're the ONLY smurf I've witnessed using it amazingly.

On-topic, I agree about them points u put up. Gun still>staff in 1v1s IMO.
    Run with Jay's mage and you'll see how well he uses Gale also.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Run with Jay's mage and you'll see how well he uses Gale also.
    *blushes*

I do have to admit that I currently put my sorc on a break because of the recent changes to Gale. Actually, my current skill build is without Gale. I still have the skill points to spec it in though. I'm still hoping for devs to reconsider giving us our speed, Aoe, armor combo back.

I got a bit mad during free respec weekend because I didn't realize how much the speed boost actually helped survivability. Without the speed boost, the 4sec armor boost is just too short in many cases. It's hard to Gale enemies together, get on top of them, drop charged Time and get away far enough again within 4 seconds. It's also harder to position yourself correctly without a speed boost.

STS did a good job improving the sorcerer in general, I just wish we could get our old Gale back.

That said, even if nothing changes, I'll probably get Gale back anyway. It still is one of the best crowd control skills in game.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

When Alhunt was referring to my play with gale he was speaking from a pvp perspective. When I Pve I generally solo 90% of the time so not many people see but I can assure you gale still has tons of effectiveness in tombs and arena and other pvp areas. The only area of gameplay I can find any real flaw to the skill is elite Pve. I think we can cut our losses there and consider it a win. Hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
    Another legendary weapon to take into consideration is the architect pylon of brut. I would actually consider this above the firesquid, and better than the mythic gun in some situations. It falls only roughly 11 dmg less then the gun, and when proced has .4 dmg more (note: the proc is a lot more often then the gun). On top of this it has 94+ str, and a nice amount of extra dps. I find it better for tearing through elite mobs, and also saves on mana pots (due to the other part of the proc). Similarly, its useful in 5v5 pvp matches.

On gale, i believe there could be modifications still. Charging causes issues in pve. Flying through a group of mobs ur trying to kill, i find not useful. Then after we've successfully come to a stop we are stunned for roughly a second, thats good against elite mobs. Heres a quote from something i posted in another thread, which i believe would help the skill in these regards, make the other classes happy, but still retain the benifits of gale now.
    now more, -38 dmg, thats a lot.