Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback Request ::: How to Stop Bael II and Krunch from Ruining end game content

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    The purpose of this thread is to provide a sounding board for those of us who believe that Bael II and Krunch's appearance has a chance to ruin the end game content of Arcane Legends.

Please keep the thread constructive, and concise with your thoughts and ideas for how and why Bael II and Krunch have caused your behavior in game to change - specifically related to your acquisition and use of platinum - as well as ideas on how you believe they could be a valuable addition to the game.

While I think having Elite bosses pop up during regular map battles is a really cool idea, I disagree with them having the kind of end game elite loot that they have as well as their positioning in the game.

That being said here are some thoughts I had with regards to how some minor changes to Bael II and Krunch to be considered.

Problem
    I believe that the amount of loot being flooded into the game as a result of Bael and Krunch is causing people to reconsider what they spend their time doing. This poses a multifaceted problem that STS should consider reviewing based on the impacts below.

Impact
    Since players farm / hunt for bael and krunch more frequently than running Elite maps, we spend less Plat on:
    1. revives
    2. luck elixers
    3. enhancement elixers

Since Bael and Krunch drop the best gear in the game, there's no need for me to buy a Shadow Plat bundle since I can
    1. find the best gear in the game super cheap at the CS
    2. farm for bael and krunch with little to no risk other than time invested, my attention doesn't even need to be on the game 100% of the time
    3. I could hunt for Bael or Krunch wearing all blue gear and needn't worry about not being able to kill the 'boss' since I can just invite some friends to kill him for me

Solution
    While I am at a loss for a solution - I have some ideas that might take us in the right direction to begin with.

• Bael & Krunch could randomly spawn when the boss of their respective maps reaches 50% health at the boss' respective spawn point.
    • Bael & Krunch could have their loot tables updated to include either
      a) only level 35 versions of the best gear in the game or
      b) no elite gear from Shuyal
    • Bael & Krunch could have their spawn rates reduced to such a minuscule amount that they would be fought the way STS intended
    Thnx for ruining the way to get rich for non-spenders
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    We're looking at quite a few changes to Bael II and Krunch II with this upcoming patch. They were never intended to be farmed, but rather something lower level players would get lucky and find and then tell their guild/friends about.

Their loot tables have been changed to have less chance of dropping the very best items out of them. They're still chock-full of only pinks but won't have as big of a chance to drop Architect etc.

In addition, they have now been moved and have a different way of spawning in that won't be so easy to figure out by just running up to the spot where you know they are and see if they're there.
    rly? http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...elite+dungeons

they have too many special drops, that only comes from them: ensorcelled rings lvl36, divine pendant lvl36, superb amulets lvl36, firesquid lvl35, etc etc..

if we cannot farm, these good equipments will disappear from market, just removing the nordr and shuyal drops from their loot table would have been enough in my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desperoto View Post
    Alrisaia (and the majority of supporters of his thread) doesn't convert plat to gold nor does he open crates. There's several other ways to get rich in this game, and for 4 seasons prior to Bael/Krunch being added this is how we played the game. Unfortunately for those who seek to be successful via "easy street", reverting back to these methods will be a change of pace due to the amount of effort involved - kind of like real life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desperoto View Post
    So, you're welcome to provide constructive feedback and criticism to STS, they listen to the community quite a bit. Additionally, I'm guessing this thread isn't what *spurred* the changes, perhaps it confirmed for them what they had already considered doing. Being that I started this thread earlier in the week and they updated Bael today... My assumption is that is clearly not enough time to have made such a change. I could be wrong, and if I am then I'm flattered that it was my thread that caused this.

You're also welcome to run Elites with me anytime if you'd like to learn the best ways to farm those maps, since that's where the best gear in the game is and will be farmed from now on - you know, the best gear in the game coming from the hardest areas in the game... makes sense right? plat spender or not.

I think your sarcastic tone was uncalled for however and I don't appreciate it in a thread meant to be a constructive place for feedback. I find it grossly out of place.

@Haligali - Do you believe that it's not *OK* to have a few unique items that drop from extremely rare bosses in an MMORPG? I've seen this format used often and I remember a bow in DAOC that was the only one on the server, I forget the guy's name, but he worked extremely hard to get it. Likewise the stats it carried were on par with what should be a unique item. For me, it sure is a curiosity why everyone in this game believes that they *have* to have the best gear in the game to have fun. Maybe that's just me... Maybe that stems back to my old D&D days when our level 18 characters we had played for years didn't even have the best gear in the game and still weren't level capped (lv 20 was the cap)... we had a good time - it was about adventuring and challenge, it wasn't about farm the best loot so that I can 'beat the game'.

Anyway - Thank you STS for doing the right thing for the AL economy and player base as a whole. I know you can't please everyone but I believe you do a fantastic job trying.

Regards,
    - Alri

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

@Haligali - Do you believe that it's not *OK* to have a few unique items that drop from extremely rare bosses in an MMORPG?
    yes, a few is ok (troll rings, wrath of bael), but there is too many (legend ring assault lvl36, ensorcelled rings lvl36, divine pendant lvl36, firesquid lvl35, superb lvl36, miraculous lvl36...) that only comes from them in this season.

today i farmed at elite oltgar with a warrior, who was wearing mighty vorpal sword. i was surprised and asked him whats the reason of the cool retro weapon, he answered that the sword is lvl35, and he loves the crit proc.
    Last edited by Haligali; 09-13-2013 at 05:47 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah I agree, there are just too many exclusive items that come from these bosses. Perhaps there should be one exclusive item that comes from each of them, which is how it seems to work with all other elite bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    yes, a few is ok (troll rings, wrath of bael), but there is too many (legend ring assault lvl36, ensorcelled rings lvl36, divine pendant lvl36, firesquid lvl35, superb lvl36, miraculous lvl36...) that only comes from them in this season.

today i farmed at elite oltgar with a warrior, who was wearing mighty vorpal sword. i was surprised and asked him whats the reason of the cool retro weapon, he answered that the sword is lvl35, and he loves the crit proc.
    Ok - so this I agree with. If they're going to drop older season gear, it should scale to the same level as the other maps do. OR they should scale all the gear up the same way...

Heck - why not make some of the older bosses' loot tables have these items at random levels, 15&16, 20&21, 25&26, 30&31, 35&36

I've said this a number of times.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Ok - so this I agree with. If they're going to drop older season gear, it should scale to the same level as the other maps do. OR they should scale all the gear up the same way...

Heck - why not make some of the older bosses' loot tables have these items at random levels, 15&16, 20&21, 25&26, 30&31, 35&36

I've said this a number of times.
    I find it good, that old weapons coloring the range, perhaps vorpal isnt the best dmg, nor the best dps but has lovely proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

One thing that crossed my mind: what if someone hasnt got the bael II and krunch II APs, now its very hard to get them.. :/

The former spawn rate was low enough, ~20k pve kills and i didnt found them this week, only friends invited me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Ty for all the complains and chit chat in forums ,now they moved them ty so much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Good. Bael n Krunch should be moved. Many farmers would destroy al economy by insta farm them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

One thing that crossed my mind: what if someone hasnt got the bael II and krunch II APs, now its very hard to get them.. :/

The former spawn rate was low enough, ~20k pve kills and i didnt found them this week, only friends invited me.
    Yes, I thought of this recently as well. It will certainly be more of a challenge now, but not impossible. I think these APs are a good balance for those who can't efficiently collect the 5k and 10k flag (trade off of 200 APs), especially for casual players. Like the Arena Challenger, finding a rare spawn should take a considerable amount of time and be a challenge. Too many players get upset when they realize how much time is involved with collecting some achievements. To this I ask: what else are you going to spend your time on? It's good have goals which stretch the longevity of a game. This is why Energizeric's new achievements thread is so important for AL's future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Yes, I thought of this recently as well. It will certainly be more of a challenge now, but not impossible. I think these APs are a good balance for those who can't efficiently collect the 5k and 10k flag (trade off of 200 APs), especially for casual players. Like the Arena Challenger, finding a rare spawn should take a considerable amount of time and be a challenge. Too many players get upset when they realize how much time is involved with collecting some achievements. To this I ask: what else are you going to spend your time on? It's good have goals which stretch the longevity of a game. This is why Energizeric's new achievements thread is so important for AL's future.
    Im sorry but i dont agree. This is not he right path the achievement should be. Its pure luck if i find him. if some friends find him and i happen to be online.
    Too many times was said, and i can agree with, that the achievement should be strived for. But u know that in the end ur hard work will be rewarded. This is not the case with Bael/Krunch bc i can spent hours, weeks, months (i met challenger after 2 months of daily searching, Krunch never appear) trying to find them and can never find....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Im sorry but i dont agree. This is not he right path the achievement should be. Its pure luck if i find him. if some friends find him and i happen to be online.
    Too many times was said, and i can agree with, that the achievement should be strived for. But u know that in the end ur hard work will be rewarded. This is not the case with Bael/Krunch bc i can spent hours, weeks, months (i met challenger after 2 months of daily searching, Krunch never appear) trying to find them and can never find....
    Well if I ever find them again I'll be sure to toss you a party invite

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Well if I ever find them again I'll be sure to toss you a party invite
    lolz sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

As I've mentioned in another thread on the achievements, there should be so many achievements that no player feels compelled that they MUST have any specific achievement. There should be so many that nobody will ever get them all. So that way if you don't get the bael or krunch achievements, it's no big deal, you can move on to other achievements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    We're looking at quite a few changes to Bael II and Krunch II with this upcoming patch. They were never intended to be farmed, but rather something lower level players would get lucky and find and then tell their guild/friends about.

Their loot tables have been changed to have less chance of dropping the very best items out of them. They're still chock-full of only pinks but won't have as big of a chance to drop Architect etc.

In addition, they have now been moved and have a different way of spawning in that won't be so easy to figure out by just running up to the spot where you know they are and see if they're there.
    If "They were never intended to be farmed" then can you pls move their loot table someone else where we can farm? Because people farmed them for their loots, there is a high need for these items, idk add to the arena loot table, or scale up the old dungeons..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

If "They were never intended to be farmed" then can you pls move their loot table someone else where we can farm? Because people farmed them for their loots, there is a high need for these items, idk add to the arena loot table, or scale up the old dungeons..
    Hali -

What you’re asking for is exactly why we requested their loot tables and their spawn methods be changed.
    Because people farmed them for their loot.

The problem wasn’t actually their unique loot, it was in the fact that they dropped ‘other’ loot (like Architect Gear, and last season Noble Gear). See – since people are farming this stuff from these bosses, and man was it EASY to farm them, the prices of this gear fell significantly since their Supply skyrocketed.

Here’s the thing about loot farming:
    Once item(s) are ‘overfarmed’ their value decreases, since their demand decreases. These are very basic economic concepts, but to illustrate: see the Supply and Demand Curve here:

Name:  SandDCurve.png
Views: 88
Size:  23.8 KB

What STS has to strive for is that equilibrium – that center ‘sweat spot’ where Supply Meets Demand.
    When you say high need, what you actually mean is: ‘high demand’ and you’re right – those items are currently in high demand.

The problem with high demand is that suddenly everyone wants to farm those high demand items and ‘get rich quick’. Well, bad news on that, because once an item is overfarmed – the value decreases, meaning that nobody can make any money on farming it because the demand decreases. Arena is actually another cause of the bad economy in this game but I’ll make another argument for that soon in another thread.

Here’s an example of a high demand item that’s NOT overfarmed: Archon Rings. WOW are these puppies holding their value – Applause to STS for adding these into the game.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

About the shadow guard bundle.. Not just shadow guard but ANY bundle is there so people can get decent gear as a start right from lvl 1. It was never meant to be BEST gear anyway. People need to farm and earn the best gear (For now let's forget about the crate openers). Also, FYI, the shadow guard hood of potency is the best damage rogue hood (legendary) which can be bought only through bundle and hence has managed to retain its value. I see many in auction so doesnt matter if bael/krunch spawn a lot or less, people will buy bundles, its VERY useful, actually the BEST thing to buy with plat is a bundle. Bael/Krunch spawns have nothing to do with bundle.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Nice chart Alri, but i think you are wrong. Lot of people still farms at harbor, but why? Answer is their unique loot: firesquid rod of assault lvl35 which worth 5m, and other high dps rods, demonlord lvl35, ensorcelled rings, divine assault amulet, these all worth 500k-1m+ i also made lot of money from drops. Architect gear is flooded the market by the arena, same as last season noble gear. (before even these rare bosses was annouced, market was full with cheap noble)

edit:

sry didnt read this: Arena is actually another cause of the bad economy in this game but I’ll make another argument for that soon in another thread. yes, i agree.
    Last edited by Haligali; 09-16-2013 at 11:31 AM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post: