Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hooks need a real competitive buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MayaNatsume View Post
    Honestly, I have no more complain, just disappointment and STS break their promise... still have a lot good MMO games out there... goodbye STS...
    Can I have your hooks when you leave? I need them for my new PvP twink rogue.

If you change your mind and decide to come back, I'll give them back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    What did you prefer? 2k gold or another arcane hook? We never knew how crates works. So removing them is not a good option. Someone should still be happy to loot an arcane hook in the future.
    One man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

There should be level based % stats on the arcane weapons as I stated from the beginning and I will always stand by this. Even I don't like STS's statements and then going against it later. Only arcane pets are forever buffed and good.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

now i get little enlightenment about why there's nobody complains about below legendary items. why don't you just ask for elite legendary cap item to be buffed too each time new season rolled out..

come on... get over it... it's just a low level arcane weapon... move on to new mythic weapon, and sell the hooks for 2 M, i'll buy

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Based on this definition you have quoted, Level 26 hooks would top out at level 36 (the 3rd expansion)

And level 36 mythic weapons would top out at level 41 (the 2nd expansion)

So then shouldn't a level 36 mythic weapon be better than a level 26 arcane weapon?
    No Ener because mythic should last 2 expansion, so they would still be better at 41 were the gooks can't keep up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Hmm let me rephrase.

Mythic lvl36 weapons Will be the best at lvl41 because they are build to last 2 expansions.

Hooks will be the best at lvl36 because they are build o e the best. But when a weapon is suppoed to be twice as good as 36 then the best at lvl36 wouldne be the best, because there is "lvl41" weapons out there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I knew this thread was coming.. I can't say I'm not a tad dissapointed in hooks being totally outclassed, they were already beat in raw damage. But sts hasn't broken their word.. As someone said earlier in the thread Arcane lasts 3 seasons and Mythic 2. Being that this is last season for hooks its only natural for the new daggers to be much better.

I sincerely hope that sts doesn't give In and buff books, or nerf new mythic daggers.

I'd really like it if we could park the whambulance over this subject and just move on.

Make a twink, 26 rogues will always outclass 26 sorcerors and warriors. Cup half full?
    I smell bacon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

No more crying please, am i upset that guns werent best dmg weap for 2 whole seasons? yeah a lil bit

But this new upgrade that brought us new items was a very needed change in the world of arlor, far more important than my rant about myth guns.

Deal with the changes, they seriously arent that drastic anyway, and have fun

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    No more crying please, am i upset that guns werent best dmg weap for 2 whole seasons? yeah a lil bit
    Probably because they realized more people cared about damage then those who cared about DPS. So now to get people using staffs again they make them higher damage then guns. Mythic gun had a nice run as the top damage weapon. But legendary staffs and mythic staffs do more damage then the guns in their respective rarity. This is not a complaint, I am just stating a fact. And for now I still prefer to use a gun. Although I'd have them preferred to keep staffs highest in DPS and guns highest in damage. But this pretty much says to me, that for a mage, DPS is over rated. Since they could have had less damage on the mythic staff and given us a lot more DPS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Going to Finally back to being dagger happy with these new ones. Trash your bows! Gonna feel like s2/3 again once everyone has hopped on the dagger train

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    Going to Finally back to being dagger happy with these new ones. Trash your bows! Gonna feel like s2/3 again once everyone has hopped on the dagger train
    I am honestly not too sure. Why?

First of all, in Shuyal, the mobs and bosses hit HARD. So, as a rogue, being up close & personal and dealing massive damage is the last thing that I want to do, as overall, it'll probably contribute to more deaths and make the party slower. I experienced this with hooks, which is why I sold them.

Too much close range damage isn't always good, you know what I mean?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Hmm let me rephrase.

Mythic lvl36 weapons Will be the best at lvl41 because they are build to last 2 expansions.

Hooks will be the best at lvl36 because they are build o e the best. But when a weapon is suppoed to be twice as good as 36 then the best at lvl36 wouldne be the best, because there is "lvl41" weapons out there
    I'm completely confused by your statement. Stats of items do not change, so which in your opinion would have better stats, a level 36 mythic item or a level 26 arcane item?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

BTW, from what I can tell so far these new mythic weapons are going to be super rare. They are dropping at the same rates as other mythics but will be only available this weekend. So until some future time that they are re-released, very few players will have them. So if you have your hooks, there's no reason to not be happy with those too, at least for now. Or you can sell them and buy the new daggers. I'm guessing the price of both items is somewhat similar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm completely confused by your statement. Stats of items do not change, so which in your opinion would have better stats, a level 36 mythic item or a level 26 arcane item?
    Hey I'm sorry I confuse myself too.

Uhmm

Lvl26 hooks + 3season 36
    Lvl36mythic blades + 2season 41.
    Mythic is the best blades at 41, hooks are not they are the best at 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post

First of all, in Shuyal, the mobs and bosses hit HARD. So, as a rogue, being up close & personal and dealing massive damage is the last thing that I want to do, as overall, it'll probably contribute to more deaths and make the party slower. I experienced this with hooks, which is why I sold them.

I don't know how often it procs but I hear that the shield on the daggers lasts 5 secs. So thats pretty nice if its like the mage shield which has 30% damage reduction. So thats something to consider if it procs often enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

The daggers have 16 more dmg too, so you do even more kiting anyway.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azepeiete View Post
    The daggers have 16 more dmg too, so you do even more kiting anyway.
    Which would completely defeat the purpose of using daggers in Shuyal. Maybe in maps like SS, they'd be great but definitely not that good in Shuyal due to the high risk of death. It was a problem I experienced with hooks...so I can't imagine how bad it'll be with the new daggers.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Which would completely defeat the purpose of using daggers in Shuyal. Maybe in maps like SS, they'd be great but definitely not that good in Shuyal due to the high risk of death. It was a problem I experienced with hooks...so I can't imagine how bad it'll be with the new daggers.
    Might be a little bit better due to the sheild proc, but agree it probably isn't the best idea to be up close in shuyal maps (especially if your a rouge or snurf and your fighting ina'hesh)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Might be a little bit better due to the sheild proc, but agree it probably isn't the best idea to be up close in shuyal maps (especially if your a rouge or snurf and your fighting ina'hesh)
    Yeah...as soon as I switched to bow, my deaths dropped drastically. Although, I still die plenty considering how much I run Shuyal Arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

So when the level cap was 26, how many rogues were here complaining that they were the only class with an arcane weapon and that sts should remove them and bring them back when all classes had arcane weapons? None. They were enjoying being the only class with it. Now 2 seasons later the other classes have great arcane weapons and rogues don't. Now they know what other classes felt like that first season.

Maybe next season rogues will be the first to get a level 41 arcane weapon but for now karma has taken over.