Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Epiphany? I guess. =P (The PvE "Problem")

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    This is best PvE idea I had
    It's a good idea... And I would like something like that! Forces people to play as a team and know how to play. But the problem is, that would require a lot of new content (new type of characters, new bosses, new gear, ect), and the devs have already said that they aren't going to make new content for PL for a while. The only reason I actually brought my idea up is because of the fact that it creates a lot of new levels to reach, with no new content. =x

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud:1281525
    This is best PvE idea I had
    Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud:1077783
    I would give this about an 0.0113% chance of actually happening, but I was bored so I thought this up.

The generally idea is to give another challenge for capped players, but not just the ordinary endgame challenge. It would(if you choose to do it) force you to create a new character. It would be similar to the premium character pack at the creation point; there would be an option to make an elite character for 50 extra platinum.

Unique Elite Character Attributes
    -Instead of starting with no skills unlocked, all skills would be unlocked at level 1
    -An additional 10 skill points at level 1
    -5 additional unique faces per class(20 platinum each)
    -access to more names(at least for the first people to use feature) as similar to -fnord names there would be -elite after your name
    -a unique vanity helm that would allow access to the elite campaign, which I will further explain
    -no stash access
    -no xp gain in normal campaigns/levels

Now for the elite campaign:
    It would be locked for any non-elite characters, as equipping the unique vanity would allow access, like the humania helm with the 71 elite dungeon.

This description is pretty general because I didn't like think through every single level and boss fight for awesome twists from standard combat.

-there would just be one level per level range (1-10, 11-15, 16-20, and etc.)
    -NPC's at dungeon entry give quests to be turned in final boss room after boss has been eliminated.
    -quest rewards would consist of unique gear for the next level as well as large amounts of xp so that 1 successful run would get you to next level range
    -mobs will not give xp
    -almost like a giant boss map(300 or so enemies) but with a unique elite boss at the end
    -mobs would obviously hit harder and have larger health pools
    -basically once you beat the entire elite campaign you will have capped
    -final level in campaign list would be 10 player pvp map with no teams

--maps would be elixir free! but each run would cost 15 platinum, as well as platinum revives in maps being upped to 5 platinum and revenge to 30--

possible extras
    -an elite towne
    -NPC merchants selling platinum vanities for elite characters only
    -better rings
    -white/diamond dragon set made of elite dungeon quest and crafting for platinum
    Its pretty cool. Only downfall I see is it'll be hard for non plat buyers.
    But justg said in his thread, no new content. Your idea is really good, but it would be new content.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

I know you made it up but...15 platinum per run?! You ok? xD

Other than that, I'd be thrilled if STS even considered one of those things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

There are answers to that question.

A large number of people are not playing so much to level to the "elite cap" (which is only ever achieved by a handful of players), as they are for exploring the world, achievements, gear, PvP, or simply with friends. Why not just release new content without raising levels? All other content would be offered the way that it is, with new content, gear, and other things. Instead, the focus would be on getting achievements, content, and other experiences. There is a precedent for this - the level 50 "Elite" which was released after Alien Oasis 3, but before the Sewers.

Gear-wise, this would lead to a revolution. First, gear sets should be comparable to previous levels - in other words, no super elite sets. It would force people to optimize and decide which set was the best for which situation. It would also lead to a greater variety of gear. If would also radically force a re-balance of PvP by providing no superior sets that one would want to swap into immediately upon new content.

Special perks would be available (ex: vanity that do not give spec bonuses) for people that did explore a lot of the content, but they are for looks only (very important).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar:1281831
    Its pretty cool. Only downfall I see is it'll be hard for non plat buyers.
    But justg said in his thread, no new content. Your idea is really good, but it would be new content.
    I think he only said no new cap, most likely though does mean content.
    As far as the platinum I agree, but I don't think there is any other way they would do this, it is a business, so a non paying customer is already getting almost everything else for free.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    I think he only said no new cap, most likely though does mean content.
    As far as the platinum I agree, but I don't think there is any other way they would do this, it is a business, so a non paying customer is already getting almost everything else for free.
    Sadly he did say no new content or anything that requires and update to be sent to App Stores.

Stud!! I think some of your ideas are great!! Some need some work ;p but I would love an -elite toon lol.
    Last edited by angeldawn; 09-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Pretty sure this idea would require update as well though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Pl is the main game generating them money there just spending it on al to get it off the groud. That's why there has been not new content lately. Which is not a huge deal really since they are fixing things still in pl meaning simply pl is still there "first class girl" game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Wrong^

All you have to do, is go into the play store and check out the number of downloads for PL and AL.
    AL has 5,000,000+ downloads, PL has 1,000,000+ downloads.

:O