Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dont allow guild members to join opposite team in CTF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    I didnt find or came up with a good solution for this problem youre referring to but i definitely understand what youre talking about

When one guild takes one side and 1-2 extra people on the other team the 3 people left cant do anything about it but die or leave

I always leave those ctf rooms but i feel bad for future players who enter that particular room and will be farmed cause they didnt notice 2 of their team mates arent helping at all.
    Same I usally just leave the lobby as soon as I see it but I don't feel I should have to leave just because people wanna cheat for kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

There should just be removing the "Join" button on guild/party/friends list.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    There should just be removing the "Join" button on guild/party/friends list.
    That could work but then you'd never be able to get more than 4 mates on one team

Sidenote: wonder why this got moved to the PvP forum if anything shouldn't it be in suggestions and feedback? XD

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i think sts need to put a ''Guilds war'' for got more fun on the game..

guild wars can be a ''all of ur guild can join'' so can be 30vs30 players or maybe the max slot to join can be a 30.. this is more fun than pvp..

and theys can put a 'Player vs player''

i agree with ur idea because i don't wanna join/left and join/left again to find a match not full..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    That could work but then you'd never be able to get more than 4 mates on one team

Sidenote: wonder why this got moved to the PvP forum if anything shouldn't it be in suggestions and feedback? XD
    I don't understand your point in this post. You want spotblocking to be stopped, right? Then that idea does help with that. It would be hard to find the exact same game as what your guildmate is in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I don't understand your point in this post. You want spotblocking to be stopped, right? Then that idea does help with that. It would be hard to find the exact same game as what your guildmate is in.
    Ok here I'll break it down

Red: 5 members of same guild (that's fine) then BLUE 5 members of another guild or complete randoms that's fine

But when there's

Red: 5 members of same guild

Blue: 3 members of another guild & 2 members of the same guild from Red this 2 members won't attack the members on red so the 5 members on Red can gang the 3 members on blue

Since u can only have a party of 4 your idea would make it so that only 4 members of the same guild could join one team that's not what I want, 5 members of a guild can be on red or blue but no other members from that same guild should be allowed to join the opposite team of those 5 guild members
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 10-11-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play pvp with my low lvl id..I catch some guild that gang one people..and put their other guild member on the opposite team..the guidl member not help member they run off and let their own guild member kill hisbteam member
    It happens everyday from Republic of indonesia guild can I report them for cheating pvp game
    Coz it happen everyday and I see it myself sorry for my bad English's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope sts see this there is no unfair fight at pvp..guild team join and put their other guild member to opposite team..so theu can kill who are not from their guild or fren pls fix this..I see it a lot pls check this guild republic of indonesia guild they keep cheating pvp gamr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

In my opinion, as long as one joins a guild - he should adhere to the rules and regulations. If it includes not joining the opposite team during PvP, then so be it. Spot blocking is definitely a different issue here in which I believe ruins the experience.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Make it so members of the same guild can only join one team in CTF this isn't just because of kill/flag farming but theres certain guilds *cough* especially one in particular *cough* that will get 5 members on one team & then they will put one or two of their guildmates on the opposite team and those guildmates go afk so that the 5 guildmates on the opposite team can easily 3v5 you, this happens way too often & it makes PVP less enjoyable.

(Only saying for CTF because in TDM you get the "troll bane" ap/title)
    Spotblocking. You a twink?

The only reason this should be implented is because we all hate when it's full tanks team etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

I disagree.
    Not to say this is a bad suggestion, but spot blocking is really a necessary in PvP.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    I disagree.
    Not to say this is a bad suggestion, but spot blocking is really a necessary in PvP.
    Why exactly is spotblocking necessary in pvp?

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    i think sts need to put a ''Guilds war'' for got more fun on the game..

guild wars can be a ''all of ur guild can join'' so can be 30vs30 players or maybe the max slot to join can be a 30.. this is more fun than pvp..

and theys can put a 'Player vs player''

i agree with ur idea because i don't wanna join/left and join/left again to find a match not full..
    30vs30. Laggggg
    Lel. You Fanny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Make it so members of the same guild can only join one team in CTF this isn't just because of kill/flag farming but theres certain guilds *cough* especially one in particular *cough* that will get 5 members on one team & then they will put one or two of their guildmates on the opposite team and those guildmates go afk so that the 5 guildmates on the opposite team can easily 3v5 you, this happens way too often & it makes PVP less enjoyable.

(Only saying for CTF because in TDM you get the "troll bane" ap/title)

My Guild usually don't join on opposing sides;

We have simple rules;

You can fight guildies in battle but not gang on them
    IF you don't want to fight your guildies fairly, leave the room

But I know what you mean though.

In those cases just nerf the match. Everybody leave against that guild and just boycot their pvping.
    Officer in the Council of EOS
    EOS Attack Dog!
    The Furry Toe of the Camel will Always be Remembered

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    ^what Arlisaia said

But no spotblocking isn't nessecary, you should be able to fight 5v5 and get your kills LEGIT instead of cheating the system and blocking spots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    It's because he's a twink.

Truly though? People spot block when they know that they aren't good enough to kill you on your own. If they were confident in their own skills, they wouldn't be spot blocked.

To me, I look at it as a compliment that basically says: "Hey me and my entire team suck, so we're going to have to take more spots on your team just so that we can kill you!".
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    It's because he's a twink.

Truly though? People spot block when they know that they aren't good enough to kill you on your own. If they were confident in their own skills, they wouldn't be spot blocked.

To me, I look at it as a compliment that basically says: "Hey me and my entire team suck, so we're going to have to take more spots on your team just so that we can kill you!".
    LMAO xD but its true, if you have the skills & your so confident that your skills are good you shouldn't have to spotblock

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I disagree.
    No, it's not.
    Spotblocking is just....ugh. I feel like strangling everybody in those lame guilds that do this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    How about just letting the system choose what team you will join? Solves a majority of the issues here, imo.
    I have agreed with this solution for a long time as well. I once played a game called Crystal Saga (not bad, but way too much of a pay-to-win game) which automatically formed the red and blue teams in PvP. The system worked great, and even larger, hardcore guilds hardly ever complained, but rather just went all out against each other. People seemed more interested in having fun and playing PvP for what it is rather than trying to boost kills/flags. The other aspect of that game's PvP was once you left or AFK'd out (2 min auto-AFK boot), you had a debuff that doesn't let you back in. Many games have that, which I like, but for the most part is not agreed upon in AL's community.

Unfortunately, even this change will only partially fix the problem of kill farming/flag boosting guilds. The issue I observe now days is that a majority of PvPers play under this unwritten rule where you have "fighting" rooms and "flag" rooms. It doesn't matter which side you are on because there is usually a mutual agreement from both sides as soon as the game starts. I don't want to delve into the details of that, so I will jump ahead and say that what really needs to happen is for STS to add a strong, in-depth incentive feature to winning a legit CTF game. There have been several fantastic ideas thrown on the table in this forum, all of which seem to have never been taken seriously.

My guess is CTF is doomed for the time being, which is sad because I would absolutely love to play a real game of CTF, with defenders and offensive maneuvers. This game's CTF is seriously fragmented and lacking - but its mostly our own fault for making it this way. That's why I say add rewards for winning on top of letting the game randomly choose teams. Greed will take precedence and people will play CTF the right way because they want to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

No, it's not.
    Spotblocking is just....ugh. I feel like strangling everybody in those lame guilds that do this.
    You and me both