Thread: Requirements to run elites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Requirements to run elites

Hi all, fairly new player here and I'm asking for help and advice on running elite maps

Goal : make 10 million gold without dying of boredom farming crates in beckenridge

Based on what I've read in this forum the best gold comes from elite drops

Assumptions : chug pots, hold agro do that dps classes can kill, I'm guildless and will random join elite maps

Question : what minimum amount of armor and health will I need? I'm asking because I'm still using l31 gear, and I want to optimize my upgrades. Also what weapon? Sword shields are strangely cheap which confuses me because if defense is the warriors role why is the defensive weapon so cheap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

As of my long run experienced in tanking in elite and after many research that i have done in warrior builds .

you must be level 36 level cap first to maximize all stat points and skill points for your better performance. minimum health must be 5k. armor must be at least 1.6k (legendary gears). 1.7k up (mythic) but i can achieve 1.8k armor using legendary items only haha xD.. . a cheap weapon that u can use is dimensional weapon or dark circle will . . if u have a higher budget then use vigilant pavisse of fitness...
    another thing is u must have 2 taunt at least which require correct timing to use to hold aggro . Also use a pet which have the ability to reduce the damage . one example is Orion

maybe they are cheap because they cant use in pvp since they are low in damage but high in armor and many warrior players prefer doing damage and doing pvp.

my build is non common pure elite tank and i can do ctf also in this kind of build. hope it helps
    Last edited by tobirama_senju82; 10-13-2013 at 02:05 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tobirama_senju82 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

1) Uhm, I don't know how you make 10mil farming crates from jarl.

2) I would never PUG (Pick up group) an elite shuyal map, it is suicide.

3) tanks are often off tanks (those who use high dps or damage weapon) when they obtain maxed gear. Not to mention other weapons (entombed hammer of warfare, architect blade of will, and a fortified glaive) offer armor in there stats, a better proc, and much higher damage and/or dps.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1) yup, i just have the engaging, fulfilling & exciting task of collecting about 1000 crates. lol!
    2) my thoughts are for non-shuyal at the moment, granted ive never elite-d any map. my current plan is to farm costlier eggs in the lower maps(mal, snag, etc). is this feasible in your opinion ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

1) that's over 100 days unless you have multiple characters (5+) or buy elixirs; even then, it will probably be over 100 days.

2) at 50k an egg and eggs droping almost never, are not going to get rich quick.

3) if you are going to be able to aford the best gear in the game (this includes a glaive if it drops to 5mil) why would you farm such easy maps?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    1) that's over 100 days unless you have multiple characters (5+) or buy elixirs; even then, it will probably be over 100 days.

2) at 50k an egg and eggs droping almost never, are not going to get rich quick.

3) if you are going to be able to aford the best gear in the game (this includes a glaive if it drops to 5mil) why would you farm such easy maps?
    hope you didnt misunderstand ; i do not have the resources to buy the best gear in the game~ basically im looking at ways to increase my gold stash to 10m, currently sitting on about a quarter of that. i was under the impression that elite farming would be the way to go

i am willing to spend a portion of what i have to enable me to do that (buy decent pinks to farm elites)

but, if you have better ideas on gaining $$, im open to hearing them out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Hi mate

If you're a low geared player and you're looking to gear up and save some gold, i would advise you to farm the hell out of KM3. Me and Emma farmed it for our first millions, using a lep pendant it is more than possible to get 10 locked crates in an hour. Thats 12-14k a crate normally, or 20-30k as an event kicks off as players will want to purchase lots and the stock on cs will sell almost immediately.

If you're going to focus on elites with PUG groups, as crow said DO NOT run shuyal. We run shuyal 20-30 times a day and with a fully geared party and i expect to die mulitple times. These are players i have run with for months too, all that are geared. It really is suicide. Perhaps try rooks nest and Lost Mages mines, they drop eggs and elite golden chests... both worth something.

Hope that helps

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Hi mate

If you're a low geared player and you're looking to gear up and save some gold, i would advise you to farm the hell out of KM3. Me and Emma farmed it for our first millions, using a lep pendant it is more than possible to get 10 locked crates in an hour. Thats 12-14k a crate normally, or 20-30k as an event kicks off as players will want to purchase lots and the stock on cs will sell almost immediately.

If you're going to focus on elites with PUG groups, as crow said DO NOT run shuyal. We run shuyal 20-30 times a day and with a fully geared party and i expect to die mulitple times. These are players i have run with for months too, all that are geared. It really is suicide. Perhaps try rooks nest and Lost Mages mines, they drop eggs and elite golden chests... both worth something.

Hope that helps
    Excellent tip bestie *Runs towards his tablet* :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I heard the Shuyal Arena gives really good drops with just a Leprechaun amulet. If you reroll, you could get some really valuable stuff that sells probably 50k+ each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

You can also get a thousand pinks worth under 1k. All pinks there are currently lvl35.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so many good tips here thanks guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    You can also get a thousand pinks worth under 1k. All pinks there are currently lvl35.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    I heard the Shuyal Arena gives really good drops with just a Leprechaun amulet. If you reroll, you could get some really valuable stuff that sells probably 50k+ each.
    Correct. Though if you face Lord Mardrom or Glob chances are you'll get one shot. Im not kidding it doesnt matter how far away you are, they'll get you. If you're killed you'll either have to plat revive or hope that someone in your group (or some poeple) survive and you can res up at the end to collect your loot.

Also we ran arena 10 times at the weekend, and every run had the worst loot i had ever seen. I killed 50 bosses, and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.... Seriously though, start small and work your way up. Buy little bits at a time and as your gear upgrades you can start to get a bit more adventurous with your maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Correct. Though if you face Lord Mardrom or Glob chances are you'll get one shot. Im not kidding it doesnt matter how far away you are, they'll get you. If you're killed you'll either have to plat revive or hope that someone in your group (or some poeple) survive and you can res up at the end to collect your loot.

Also we ran arena 10 times at the weekend, and every run had the worst loot i had ever seen. I killed 50 bosses, and all i got was this lousy t-shirt.... Seriously though, start small and work your way up. Buy little bits at a time and as your gear upgrades you can start to get a bit more adventurous with your maps
    I run with Jon often so here's my tip (to him and mages alike): DON'T TANK, and stay out of the red zone. Sorry Jon, you know its true ;P

But, yes. Shuyal is a great place to get one hit. I wouldn't say WILL; however, 80%+ is to be expected for non tanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vernchoong View Post
    Hi all, fairly new player here and I'm asking for help and advice on running elite maps

Goal : make 10 million gold without dying of boredom farming crates in beckenridge

Based on what I've read in this forum the best gold comes from elite drops

Assumptions : chug pots, hold agro do that dps classes can kill, I'm guildless and will random join elite maps

Question : what minimum amount of armor and health will I need? I'm asking because I'm still using l31 gear, and I want to optimize my upgrades. Also what weapon? Sword shields are strangely cheap which confuses me because if defense is the warriors role why is the defensive weapon so cheap?
    Here is gear related
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1302878

1) Health / Armor requirement
    5k + health
    Armor 1500+ (id highly suggest more.. like 1800-1900, thats what i run with )

2) weapon : Maul(31) / glaive (36)
    - uh Myth lvl 31
    - entombed warfare 35

Defensive , sword and shields are cheap because top gears make up for the armor loss.. and pvp wise.. warrs tend to go for more dmg too
    - balance things up , if i go full out armor, defense base then i can deff rieach over 2100 armor if i wanted to..
    but u dont need that much armr

Stay out of shuyal maps - as they have suggested
    THO, I recommend km3 - for easy lock crates
    and if you want elite drops - i recommend Gladiator Arena -
    Last edited by inkredible; 10-18-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

For elite drops ferix isn't to bad (shuyal wise); lmm and Mali runs are fairly easy as well.