Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhinos charge

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Sorry for the double post, but there are a couple things I would like to mention.

Cheen, I assume that when you say Rhino's "charge" through the map, this is because it's in the map "castle-keep-away"? I don't 100% blame you for how you feel, then. There are two paths connecting the flags, giving rhinos more free to space to run though. I think that players need to realize that there are more maps to the game than just this one. Most players hate this map, but I love sandstone forts. It truly forces teamwork play when you're in the opponents flag room (because the spawn room is so close to the flag room).

Also, I've always wanted a better system in PL that would organize the teams; that is, equal out the teams based off of classes. So if you made a game, then players could join either red or blue, but there would be a specific slot open only for your class.

For example, if I create a Rockwall forts match, I could have the option to pick 3 classes for each team. So the game could consist of 2 mages and a fox, or 1 bear 1 bird 1 rhino - endless amounts of combinations. But the point being to equalize the teams based off of class.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 10-14-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheeniviepl67 View Post
    I never said I don't like the rhino class I just said I don't like how they can charge through everyone, when I use my rhino I don't do that of course it's harder but I'm still able to turn a corner and charge away but now a rhino that's in the open can charge twelve meters away turn the corner and he gone and IMO that takes no skill.
    Actually, it takes a lot of skill to know when you are free enough to begin charging away. I have messed up plenty of times thinking I was free when actually, I jumped into a chasing opponent and ended up losing the flag. As Will stated, those of us good at being a flag stealer are good because of practice, patience, and game mechanic understanding. I seem to recall this morning having a hard time escaping your bear due to constant stuns. You knew how to stop me because you understand the game mechanics. That is the difference.

However, the conversation stays focused on rhinos when foxes have two charge skills and they can kill. Regardless of the points made, the fact is we will not see a rise in rhino usage because of the lack of killing power. Also, Charge! is the only 12 m skill rhinos have where the other classes have multiple 12 m skills. To nerf charge would (as I said before) destroy the effectiveness of the class. You and others understand how to slow rhinos down. Why should the few of us be punished because the rest of the community is too lazy to figure it out?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

It's actually very difficult to do this, I don't think more than the top 2 or 3% of rhinos would be able to slip past a whole team like you said.
    They can easily be rooted, frozen, hellscreamed, pulled back, or be stunned from several other skills.
    They get one advantage in ctf but have numerous disadvantages in pve and death match fights.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Yes Will I am talking about the Castle keep-away map. You guys are stating good points and I understand your point of view I guess I just get frustrated when this happens..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheenivie For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Yes Will I am talking about the Castle keep-away map. You guys are stating good points and I understand your point of view I guess I just get frustrated when this happens..
    I understand Just as I get frustrated when a bear stuns me against a wall and I can't move a single step, each class has its pros and cons.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I understand Just as I get frustrated when a bear stuns me against a wall and I can't move a single step, each class has its pros and cons.
    Cheen and Glad are best at this. -.-
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    That's another thing, many players don't know how to defend against these classes :P

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I kind of figured out a way to counter Crims rhino in CTF, but its very difficult, as I am a 74 bird that probably does tiny dmg with 0 skill. Good bears can also Ultimate stun rhino skthey barely move, Hs beckon sms stomp and watever.

@Cheen: You darn stunner :/

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

But a game that lasts 5minutes and has 4-5 kills is better?
    With the right strategies Rhinos can easily be stopped. Using charge when stunned/frozen/rooted doesnt make you go anywhere. And you could argue that Rhinos can always heal. But thats what a good bear is for. HS, Stomp, Beckon, SMS, and Crip can easily keep a rhino pinned. CB rips through its already relatively low dodge so your Mage/Bird can kill it. Same goes for the foxes who have two leap skills but lack a decent heal.

I didnt read all of the replies so I may have repeated what somepeople ad already said.

Edit: Didnt read page 2, silly me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

But a game that lasts 5minutes and has 4-5 kills is better?
    When the time ppl wait for a game to start is longer than the game itself and when ppl don't tap on replay after a short game, it can be quite frustrating. Idk for USA timezone , but in my timezone (Europe) it takes time to find ppl and in other brackets there are seldom games when I check. That's why I suggested a (system-based) Pvp Info channel to let ppl know about games being hosted at all levels. So new games could be filled up faster and boredom would be reduced.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

rhinos and foxes dashes an charge are find just have to immobilized them and play defense and team up or cry and lose there fine the way there are