Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what happened to Sorcerer !!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default what happened to Sorcerer !!!!!

So many problems i just realized them, when we used to use gun only we were fine, but now theres arcane staff and mythic staff and everyone complained made our skill much weaker.

Fireball stun works almost 50% while mythic bow charged attack stun Every time
    Shield cooldow 30 sec seriously 30 sec ?? And it stay for 15 sec but only usefull for first 2 seconds
    healing also way too long cooldown since our heal works once not like tank thier heal over time can get him 100% while it cool down but our heal over time just waste of skills one aimed shot and ur dead.

We might have too many skills and pretty gd arcane weapon but not everyone using that 60m staff and in pvp things goes fast.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hakoom7 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I also have a mage and i have the same.. But the shield is usefull, also our stuns.. and the heal skill is a good support. If you don't wanna be a support mage, respec and get another skill instead of it
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Trust me i tried so many respecs over 50 plats and tried so many skills and 1v1 and 5v5 and yes we might have way too many skills but we have limeted skills points if we want to flag we need windmail which its pretty much useless for everything but flaging, and curse yes its deadly but very easy to avoid and since itll take too long to cooldown ul be fighting with 3 skills.
    And fireball omg when im doing 1v1 rouges and tanks stunning me while my sweet fireball just giving a bit of burning over time -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I'm a Mage. I'm also a Warrior and Rogue, but again my Mage is my main and I say Mages are fine.

I wouldn't mind a buff, but Mages are much better than before.

I'm not sure about you but I was bored and PvP'd yesterday running a PvE build and it was LOL fine. I had fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

I hope this is not again a "buff this debuff that" thread...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juicymango View Post
    I hope this is not again a "buff this debuff that" thread...
    Welcome to the AL forums.

Now if you will see to our left we have the "Buff Arcane Hooks" thread. And if you look closely to your right you will see the "Nerf Rogues" thread.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to keikali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Dude, Juggernaut's cooldown is 45 seconds. We warriors should be complaining. @_@

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Well thinking about it we do have many alternative skills to use and doing the right spec is the challange so yes it was nooby from me doing this thread i guess. And i know we cant be uffed we already strong, but im still gona complain about the fact we need whole skill specially for flaging, that sucks rouges and tanks can fkag using thier main skill. Just complaining not suggesting anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The problem with mages is we need 2 defensive skills (shield and heal) + 2 offensive skills.or 1 defensive (shield) + 3 offensive. What is the commonality among that? You need to have shield regardless. The only thing holding mages back is the lack of armor, because once your shield is down you get 1 shot. As for flagging, everytime I enter a CTF game, 1-2 people are flagging and expect not to be killed. And get extremely upset if you kill them. So I don't know why you need a flagging skill because from what I have seen in CTF, you're expected to leave people who flag alone. And people stand around doing nothing until red & blue have flagged 4 each. Then you may get a clash in mid. If its too hard to flag in one game, then just leave and find an easier game to flag in where no one will bother you. Also from what I have seen many games are started early without 3 players on each side so people can get easy flags.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    Trust me i tried so many respecs over 50 plats and tried so many skills and 1v1 and 5v5 and yes we might have way too many skills but we have limeted skills points if we want to flag we need windmail which its pretty much useless for everything but flaging, and curse yes its deadly but very easy to avoid and since itll take too long to cooldown ul be fighting with 3 skills.
    And fireball omg when im doing 1v1 rouges and tanks stunning me while my sweet fireball just giving a bit of burning over time -_-
    Afff don't even get me started on ice. The slowdown lasts like 3 steps (about a sec). Our heal over time is pathetic, 10 health per second!

And I'm pretty sure the armor buff on gale isn't working as it should.. At least it does not reduce flag damage, test you'll see...

I thought more changes were coming but now I feel sts just threw us some crambs and left us hanging...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I would have to agreed. Until the price of arcane staff and even the new mythic staff come down a little, things will be pretty tough in PvP for the little blue guys. We had it pretty good last season, I must say the easiest season for a smurf so far in pvp, and things have just got a little harder again. That is not to say that there are not excellent PvP mages out there, because there are. It is hard to put my finger on it but I think the problems are multifactorial....

1) The stun of fireball and the panic of slag/Clyde don't seem as effective as they used to be. Perhaps it is an increasing dodge of rogues, or perhaps rogues are just getting smarter and more effective at avoiding? A secret Nerf? Either way, something that was pretty reliable last season is not very reliable this season.

2) Even if you are able to stun lock a rogue, it is much harder to kill them fast enough (before they get to their health packs). It is also much harder to kill a warrior fast enough (before they have a chance to shield). Although the other classes complained about the damage Nerf in pvp towards the end of last season, I think it actually hurt the mages the most for these reasons. The substantial increase in armor and health from the upgraded mythics this season also contributes to this problem. Finally the mythic gun was way overpowered last season and is not so much overpowered this season.

Bottom line, unless you are a full mythic and arcane mage, I think PvP is harder this season. The same stale builds no longer work as well as they used to and we have to be more creative to be successful in PvP. Fight on!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Lol @mages can't stun. I have multiple twink mages (four if them) and that is the one complaint I don't have. Fireball stuns 100% of the time (assuming you actually hit a target), lightning often stuns, and ice freezes targets often. I agree that your heal is rubish, bit the justification is you are the only class who can use your heal to reurn mana. Yes mages are terrible in PvP (comparring the majority, I know there are several pros to be weary if), but I can't imagine running an elite shuyal map without at least one mage dropping clocks and clearing mobs. Mage deal less damage than rouges but hit over five times as many targets. You guys rock, don't let anyone tell you different .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Shhhh dont let the warrios or rogues hear of this lol. Im pretty sure smurfs cant pvp unless fully upgraded but there is alot wrong with this class thats still been over looked. Also on how alot of people complained about sorc shield not having to be charged for 2 sec of invulnerability got ot nurfed, yea how bout we say rogues aimed needs to be charged to stack crits, or warrios vb needs.to be charged for all bonuses from it. Just sayin our non charged invulnerability was a big help last season for pvp and it was by far not.that big of a issue
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Bottom line, unless you are a full mythic and arcane mage, I think PvP is harder this season. The same stale builds no longer work as well as they used to and we have to be more creative to be successful in PvP. Fight on!
    I think arcane staff isn't very good for TDM. Because you can't run away to fire it and still hit something. So your auto attack is useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I just pvp'd just yesterday and for what ive seen...smurf can be lethal with good techniques,pets and skills...its not all about buffin and nerfin.its about creating good combos
    My 2 cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Lol @mages can't stun. I have multiple twink mages (four if them) and that is the one complaint I don't have. Fireball stuns 100% of the time (assuming you actually hit a target), lightning often stuns, and ice freezes targets often. I agree that your heal is rubish, bit the justification is you are the only class who can use your heal to reurn mana. Yes mages are terrible in PvP (comparring the majority, I know there are several pros to be weary if), but I can't imagine running an elite shuyal map without at least one mage dropping clocks and clearing mobs. Mage deal less damage than rouges but hit over five times as many targets. You guys rock, don't let anyone tell you different .
    Quote Originally Posted by Frekken View Post
    I just pvp'd just yesterday and for what ive seen...smurf can be lethal with good techniques,pets and skills...its not all about buffin and nerfin.its about creating good combos
    My 2 cents
    I take your 4 twink mages and raise you by three! I got seven! I have also pvp'd at all level caps as an end game sorcerer (lvl21, 26, 31 & 36). Pvp has been very different at each level and even extremely different between lvl31 and lvl36. The same skills and combos don't work well at all levels. This brings me to my point that the psuedo stun lock of fire followed by the panic of slag/clyde does not work as well as it used to. It was a pretty guaranteed kill against most rogues last season but does not work well this season. Yes sorcerers can still be very effective in pvp but we got to be a little smarter about it. In fact my last 2k kills or so was with a no stun curse build because I was sick of relying on an unreliable stun/panic combo (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...stun-lock-mage!). Anyways, the point is that pvp for mages harder this season than it was last season.

@cainnblecter yes the change in shield was a big deal for me. I used to stun with fireball (as I was pretty confident I would hit first) spam light and autoattack, then tap shield before stun of fireball was over and then use slag/clyde panic. This saved you when the rogue came out of stun if your panic failed or they got an aimed shot off before you could panic them. Much more effective than putting up your shield before the attack, but now impossible due to the need to charge.

@falmear I don't have an arcane staff so it is all assumption, but with the massive health you get with the staff I would make a curse build and just stand there spamming light and autoattack as they attacked me, letting curse do its work. I would not run at all and when you are not moving the autoattack of staffs is pretty good at targeting the closest enemy as they try to run around you.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

PvP is harder for me - I couldn't kill Meecah in a 1v1 with his rogue in his non-mythic shade gear, which implies something must be wrong (I'm fully decked out in architect). Right now if I see a rogue asking for a 1v1 I say no thank you. One of these factors is the shield. Tapping the shield when your health was low (last season) would grant you 2 seconds of freedom - usually enough to save lives. Now, in this season, I have to charge the shield for almost 1 second - during which an aimed shot-shadow piercer combo can be effectively unleashed.

I'm not sure what can be done though. As Fal said, our armor is so low we need shield (except for mages like Keikali who kick my arse with or without it), so if that was given a boost - maybe higher than rogues - the problem would be solved.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Correct
    My sorcerer always stun with Firball w
    I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    PvP is harder for me - I couldn't kill Meecah in a 1v1 with his rogue in his non-mythic shade gear, which implies something must be wrong (I'm fully decked out in architect). Right now if I see a rogue asking for a 1v1 I say no thank you. One of these factors is the shield. Tapping the shield when your health was low (last season) would grant you 2 seconds of freedom - usually enough to save lives. Now, in this season, I have to charge the shield for almost 1 second - during which an aimed shot-shadow piercer combo can be effectively unleashed.

I'm not sure what can be done though. As Fal said, our armor is so low we need shield (except for mages like Keikali who kick my arse with or without it), so if that was given a boost - maybe higher than rogues - the problem would be solved.
    This is true. Even with shield, the Mage can only take so much from a Rogue. And with their Heal Packs all lined up, you pray for a bugged out heal pack that doesn't heal. AS Crit + SP = Dirt Nap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Well to be honest guys ir does depend on skills some mages with mythic gun can take mages with mythic staff and some mages with mythic staff can take mages with arcane staff, but the point is mages have hard time dealing with this low armor, as everyone said having shield and heal is a Must in pvp for us, yet we need fireball and ice and lightning and curse and windmail, trust me i had spec before that i had to open all of those and then keep exchanging in pvp, sometimes i change skills during the clash, yes i used 6 skills once and yeah it made me op but everyone can do that and its tiring alot,
    Its like mage class has skill for individual things, fireball for stun, ice to slow down and high dmg, lightning for high damage, wind for flaging, heal and shield for mana and health support, curse to be deadly as rouge in pvp AKA to steal kills -_-

Rouge can flag using pierce and it does high damage, same to tanks its pretty much annoying,
    Again i cant suggest anything then rouges and tanks will come in and make thread to rwmove sorcerer class -_-
    But yeah its annoying