Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove PvP Damage Nerf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Before damage nerf, PvP was just fine except end games. Now, this damage nerf not only messed up lower levels, but it didn't even fix end game PvP.

So, what do we have left to PvP with on now? I believe you think that the damage nerf is fine considering that you're a lilith mage, which we all know has L61 PvP relatively easy.
    My comment is based on all 56-61 classes mixed in with a 66 mage, 71 bear, and endgame bird+mage. The only thing that needs to be fixed is heal that is relatively op. At least now mages can beat OP bears since beckon stomp sms wont always kill. That means my mage is now on par with BodyGuardz ^_^

Anyways, I agree with Trent that its the individual gear that needs tweaking, not the skills/damage nerf. And if you dont like how low level fights take so long, move up to a level that suits you.

Bears need dodge nerf,-2% dodge isnt a nerf at all.

Birds need a damage boost, possibly from Focus.
    Last edited by IGN Storm; 10-27-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I totally agree
    WHY does the world say 1+1=2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I pvp 50-55 range and i dont see any damage nurf from being comboed or drained once and dead. Sure i could go pally but then what am i going to kill? I mean as in bears can still get one stomp combo and you're dead. Hard to kite since they dodge 80% of the attacks, so bear fighting.i stay away from. Birds seem on par with mages, can kill quick or be killed quick. Not to mention the other things wrong with mages like fail heals, fail ms, fail drain, etc. I see 51s hitting me twice and im out so no at 50-55 i see no damage nurf . What i do see is other classes still needing balance and i agree certain mage.skills need fixing but i wonder if sts could do the nurfs twink lvl by twink lvl. As it appears twinks are having alot of problems with no damage and im seeing 56+ having other issues.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Default Remove PvP Damage Nerf

My God....
    I'm Sure Nothing That Sts Does Makes Everyone Happy, Just Deal With It...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwihawk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwihawk View Post
    My God....
    I'm Sure Nothing That Sts Does Makes Everyone Happy, Just Deal With It...
    I really dislike your reasoning
    Don't be afraid of change

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Heroelite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    My comment is based on all 56-61 classes mixed in with a 66 mage, 71 bear, and endgame bird+mage. The only thing that needs to be fixed is heal that is relatively op. At least now mages can beat OP bears since beckon stomp sms wont always kill. That means my mage is now on par with BodyGuardz ^_^
    61lilith mage op at that lvl 66mage op at that lvl 71bear op at that lvl try the other classes and give me your opinion after...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheenivie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Anyways, I agree with Trent that its the individual gear that needs tweaking, not the skills/damage nerf. And if you dont like how low level fights take so long, move up to a level that suits you.

If you knew how I played, then you would know that I do not beckon stomp & kill. The fact that I can empty a full combo on an average lilith mage 1.5x through & still have them survive is saying something. Yes, that is all 12 skills used in an order that maximizes efficiency.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Your post is biased considering you mentioned a nerf for bears and birds but the mages seem just fine, which frankly, is funny.

Are things going to be reverted? Let's face it, probably not. However, the fact is that people who are experienced in PvP shouldn't find it struggling to beat average mages.

Also, I have all 3 classes which I equally enjoy in PvP, so I believe I do know what I am talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pollasauce View Post
    /.../birds l1-35 they dont rly have much chance on their side, i agree
    *Ehem* leave level 1 out of this. You've got no idea what you're talking about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Your post is biased considering you mentioned a nerf for bears and birds but the mages seem just fine, which frankly, is funny.

Are things going to be reverted? Let's face it, probably not. However, the fact is that people who are experienced in PvP shouldn't find it struggling to beat average mages.

Also, I have all 3 classes which I equally enjoy in PvP, so I believe I do know what I am talking about.
    I may be biased since Mages are in fact my favorite class. I did mention a nerf in heal though if you read the first paragraph closely. AND I did not suggest a nerf for birds but rather a damage boost since they are quite underpowered.

If you examine the dodge/crit buff nerf, you'll notice that mages are hit the hardest, losing 45 crit at endgame. Bears lost 30 I believe and like 4 dodge. Birds lost 18 crit and 18 dodge.

Yes a bear can use 1.5 of all 12 skills and a mage would not die but a mage can also utilize 1.5 of its skills and a bear would not die. Why should a tanking class kill a nuking class faster?

I believe things might be reverted, after all, Forgo and Orbs were kinda reverted.

Uh... Happy face

14. The Following User Says Thank You to IGN Storm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

I don't know about any pvp under 60 but here's what I know:

60 pvp - mages op, they can tank bears

66 pvp - again mages are op, angel set is so op that a 76 angel mage can kill fiery mage...

71 pvp - bears are so op, some of these bears can kill endgamers

75-76 pvp (endgame) - bird vs bird is luck, mostly dodge based.
    birds vs pallies, pallies mostly win,(pally's) they're the oppest class at endgame

Like apollo said lower heal, and what trenton/thelonestud said lower specific gears such as savage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I may be biased since Mages are in fact my favorite class. I did mention a nerf in heal though if you read the first paragraph closely. AND I did not suggest a nerf for birds but rather a damage boost since they are quite underpowered.

If you examine the dodge/crit buff nerf, you'll notice that mages are hit the hardest, losing 45 crit at endgame. Bears lost 30 I believe and like 4 dodge. Birds lost 18 crit and 18 dodge.

Yes a bear can use 1.5 of all 12 skills and a mage would not die but a mage can also utilize 1.5 of its skills and a bear would not die. Why should a tanking class kill a nuking class faster?

I believe things might be reverted, after all, Forgo and Orbs were kinda reverted.

Uh... Happy face
    When I say 1.5-2x, I mean 1.5x-2x of the 12 skills. Therfore: 18-24 skills. Don't you think that's A BIT ridiculous, especially if a mage can heal and undo practically everything since their heal pool is growing exponentially larger?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I couldn't agree anymore. It's a pain having to use a certain combo a couple times instead of nuking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Default Remove PvP Damage Nerf

Umm, what I'd like to know is why nerf damage but keep heal growing at the exponential rate it has been? Makes no sense to me.

Heal should be nerfed by 15-30%.
    First they are taking baby steps. Not gonna nerf everything in one shot.

Nerf heals? Hmmmm

Do many mages actually even max out the heals? Most I talk to don't. So is this really the problem??

Edit:

When I say 1.5-2x, I mean 1.5x-2x of the 12 skills. Therfore: 18-24 skills. Don't you think that's A BIT ridiculous, especially if a mage can heal and undo practically everything since their heal pool is growing exponentially larger?
    Do you think a Mage doesn't go though the same amount of skills while fighting a bear to just have the bear still alive?

A Mages heal can't undo the all the stuns a bear can put on them. Mages can be forever stunned during a match.

Also are you purely looking at the heal from a 1v1 viewpoint? What about FFA or CTF with a bear on our team? There is a team aspect to the the heal as well. Bears and Rhinos need Mages to be able to disperse higher health amounts.

Additional note:
    Pease when saying Mages don't lump Pallys in with Int Mage. They are a whole different breed
    Last edited by angeldawn; 10-27-2013 at 03:03 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Maybe its because you twink at 26-. But once you play 61+,you'll appreciate the damage nerf.
    I have a 66 bear, I don't really think the nerf made 66-71 better at all. Maybe a tiny range of pvp levels and certain classes benefited from the dmg nerf, but for the most part i think it made things unbalanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LEVEL ONE View Post
    *Ehem* leave level 1 out of this. You've got no idea what you're talking about.
    funny that
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    First they are taking baby steps. Not gonna nerf everything in one shot.

Nerf heals? Hmmmm

Do many mages actually even max out the heals? Most I talk to don't. So is this really the problem??

Edit:

Do you think a Mage doesn't go though the same amount of skills while fighting a bear to just have the bear still alive?

A Mages heal can't undo the all the stuns a bear can put on them. Mages can be forever stunned during a match.

Also are you purely looking at the heal from a 1v1 viewpoint? What about FFA or CTF with a bear on our team? There is a team aspect to the the heal as well. Bears and Rhinos need Mages to be able to disperse higher health amounts.

Additional note:
    Pease when saying Mages don't lump Pallys in with Int Mage. They are a whole different breed
    Sorry, I'm talking about twink levels, Angel.

I thought the balance was to fix end game, correct? However, now, end game is just as broken and now balanced is messed up for a vast amount of twink levels as well.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

I think endgame birds are a underpowered now lol. The dodge I think was fine but the damage/DPS/hit % should really be nerfed. But I do agree with you guys, if anything revoke the nerf and just keep endgame at unbalance and the twink levels balanced. Or even better, balance achieved by nerfing endgame but keeping every other level untouched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Sorry, I'm talking about twink levels, Angel.

I thought the balance was to fix end game, correct? However, now, end game is just as broken and now balanced is messed up for a vast amount of twink levels as well.
    I didn't see where you say heal should be nerfed for twink levels and not end game. Maybe I missed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I didn't see where you say heal should be nerfed for twink levels and not end game. Maybe I missed it.
    The post is in reference to twinks, so logically, it would be about twinks.