Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Senior Member TheMightyFeusalet's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

i think honestly sts will lose much players with doing this, peeps with only legendary gear have it already now hard with all the people with there myhtics. THIS IS NOT A GOOD UPDATE I THINK.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #82
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    So in a best case scenario I can have between +42-70str when I put a str gem in ever plausible slot for a 4/5 myth player with a legendary ring? IMO that may be OP.

However you said benefits scale, therefore I must ask the following:

1) is scaling of benefits based on level?

2) is the scaling of benefits different for weapons, armors, helms, rings, and amulets or does the benefits of gems scale differently for each class of item?

3) does a certain class scale their base stat benefits differently than the others?

4) does it cost anything (besides time) to craft/bond gems?

5) what is the max (all str gems, super bonded to a 4/5 myth set [glaive, upgraded helm, upgraded armor, and doom] and an archon ring of potency [str version]) amount of additional str I can gain from bonding gems?

The amount of stat bonus that you could receive (that scales with the item level) is displayed when you are choosing what gem you want to socket in.

It doesn't change at all based on class or slot or which socket you are putting it into; only by item level.

For example:

Slotting a Blood Gem (that gives a STR bonus) into a level 21 item, it will give +2 STR with a chance for +4 STR if the slotting is exceptional.

Name:  lvl-21-epic-select-item.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  51.0 KB

Name:  lvl-21-epic-select-item2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  56.0 KB

If you slot the same Blood Gem (made with the same 10 Blood Essences) into a level 36 item, it will give +3 STR, with a chance for +6 STR if the slotting is exceptional.

Name:  lvl-36-item.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  52.1 KB

Name:  lvl-36-item2.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  56.9 KB

Again, the bonus amount doesn't matter what class the character is that is doing the combine, what level the character is or what slot the item is for. The bonus only calculates off of item level.

There is no cost (other than the time wait) to initiate or collect crafts or upgrades.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

firstly, I would like to point it other way around. with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Secondly, give more gems that can give a proc ability. There are many proc ability from lowlvl weapons that isnt being used. For example, dark path from a sorc staff that can do life leech.

my opinion and would like to see the feedback.
    overall i like how the developement on gears is going. ty
    I still like this idea.... wonder if this could actually get implemented...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    In follow up questions, people wondered about how buying/selling/trading of items will work with regard to their upgrade slots.

When you are trading, or gifting or using the Consignment Shoppe, you can see what gems are in the item from the icon.

Further, you can inspect the item to view an expanded view of the items stats that displays what gems are socketed into the item.

Here are example screens from the Consignment Shoppe where I have listed an Entombed Hammer of Warfare that has one Blood Gem socketed into it for a +3 STR bonus.

Attachment 45147

Here is the Hammer inspected:

Attachment 45148
    umm yea..should be noted.....Comma?!?!!? finally..now all STG need this.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I hope there will be gems that add damage, armor, health and mana.
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Its completely free. Thats awesome. Thank you STS.

Plat may give you a time bonus, thats all. Even buying essences is in other words just a time bonus. I think this is really great for non-plat users. All they need is more time than plat users.

And for all the complainers: Please be realistic. There has to be some advantage plat buyers. They finance the game. (I'm not one of them ). Thanks to STS the only advantage Plat unsers will gain is Time. That may be make them super rich, but who cares? Upgrading is for free, remember? So even non-plat user can make a lot of money with upgraded items.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Great mechanics for the craft/upgrade system!

I think everyone needs to look at the big picture and quit raging over the essence being farmable and/or plat purchasable. The gems need to be plentiful, and relatively inexpensive to keep people interested in upgrading/crafting. Resocketing a gem consumes the old gem, and people are going to burn through a lot of gems attempting to get a superior bond on mythic, arcane, and the some of the better legendary items.

If using a socket was instant and not on a timer, then I would agree that being able to purchase essence from the store would be unbalancing. Upgrading items and making gems takes time (or money). If it took time and money, who would bother with it long term?

The crafting and upgrading adds depth to the game outside of elite farming and will give new life to mythic/arcane items already in game.
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khylan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    In follow up questions, people wondered about how buying/selling/trading of items will work with regard to their upgrade slots.

When you are trading, or gifting or using the Consignment Shoppe, you can see what gems are in the item from the icon.

Further, you can inspect the item to view an expanded view of the items stats that displays what gems are socketed into the item.

Here are example screens from the Consignment Shoppe where I have listed an Entombed Hammer of Warfare that has one Blood Gem socketed into it for a +3 STR bonus.

Attachment 45147

Here is the Hammer inspected:

Attachment 45148
    Is there a way to make it so you can see the particular bonus without going into the detailed view? It would be a pain searching for superior bonded items in some cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Is there a way to make it so you can see the particular bonus without going into the detailed view? It would be a pain searching for superior bonded items in some cases.
    See that picture? Before looking at the detailed info, you can tell it is regular because the red circle in the listing is a dull color with black around it, just like it would appear in the pre-craft screens. A superior bonded gem will appear in the listing with a lustrous appearance--as it does in the pre-craft screen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt:1319519
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    See that picture? Before looking at the detailed info, you can tell it is regular because the red circle in the listing is a dull color with black around it, just like it would appear in the pre-craft screens. A superior bonded gem will appear in the listing with a lustrous appearance--as it does in the pre-craft screen.
    Ah. I missed that. It does appear that way. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Can we sell the upgraded mythic (armour or helm) that is upgraded by a gem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    I think everyone needs to look at the big picture and quit raging over the essence being farmable and/or plat purchasable. The gems need to be plentiful, and relatively inexpensive to keep people interested in upgrading/crafting. Resocketing a gem consumes the old gem, and people are going to burn through a lot of gems attempting to get a superior bond on mythic, arcane, and the some of the better legendary items. ect....
    This is a feed back forum, and people can post and rage if they don't like a feature (some are kids, so understand that some wont write as clear as you might have wanted). Its the dev's that need to interpret this information to please the majority of players. This is initial thoughts, I for one want more slots on lower items..and less slots for higher items (as Cero stated above in 1st page).

So for your idea, I love it I agree that it needs to be plentiful and easy to farm.
    Last edited by octavos; 11-01-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I agree with Cero.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

I am satisified. Ty for answering all my questions sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Konviict View Post
    Can we sell the upgraded mythic (armour or helm) that is upgraded by a gem?
    It has already been stated that you can't. They remain non-tradeable.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i am worried abt inventory slot since i am not a plat user i will be overflowed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by valheeru View Post
    i am worried abt inventory slot since i am not a plat user i will be overflowed
    Read the original post. essnces don't take up Inventory slots. Only gems do, but the are fabricated at your discretion and require 20 essences each.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    Great mechanics for the craft/upgrade system!

I think everyone needs to look at the big picture and quit raging over the essence being farmable and/or plat purchasable. The gems need to be plentiful, and relatively inexpensive to keep people interested in upgrading/crafting. Resocketing a gem consumes the old gem, and people are going to burn through a lot of gems attempting to get a superior bond on mythic, arcane, and the some of the better legendary items.

If using a socket was instant and not on a timer, then I would agree that being able to purchase essence from the store would be unbalancing. Upgrading items and making gems takes time (or money). If it took time and money, who would bother with it long term?

The crafting and upgrading adds depth to the game outside of elite farming and will give new life to mythic/arcane items already in game.
    But you're missing a part of it. If the essence is purchasable in plat, then the gold price will be low for gems (at best, plat cost * 10 * 500, the gold value of the plat) but probably lower. That isn't good for non-plat players, that is bad. That system works great for the lep amulet and grimm, because the ONLY way to get it is buying it, there are no drops.

Without it being purchasable by plat, all gems will be farmed. This creates a NEW mechanic for non-plat players to make money, and will be easier than farming elites (which many complain costs too much in gear and pots). The prices will be based off supply and demand, and most likely not be cheap (demand will be high, for the reason you stated). This gives non-plat players a relatively inexpensive way to get the items they need to upgrade their own gear, and sell of the ones they don't for a good profit. STS still profits (and I would argue will profit MORE) because those plat players will be buying them from non-plat players. Where is that gold coming from? Plat to gold conversion.

Let's do some "pull-out-my-arse" math to explore this idea. I'm going to say 1 essence costs 10 plat. So that means one gem will be 100 plat, which is 50000 gold (if I remember correctly). That means no plat player is going to want to spend more than 50k to buy a single gem, they will probably look for cheaper than 50k. This is bad economics, supply and demand don't work because there is an upper boundary on price. In the end, gems will be cheap and worthless for people to farm for profit.

Now, lets pretend they are not purchasable by plat. All gems are from farming. Supply and demand will decide the prices, and I would estimate that they will be at least 50k and probably 100k (depends on how easy they drop). A non-plat player can make a good profit in a few days doing this, and there are no arbitrary limits on the value of the gems. Plat players will be the most adamant about getting the best items possible, and as quickly as possible. They will buy up the gems, and when they need gold they will buy gold with plat. But, because the value of them is higher, 100k vs 50k, that means they will be using almost double the amount of plat than they would if they could just straight buy the essence with plat (hence, STS will make more profit).

The second scenario is the better one for all parties involved. The timer speed up I agree with, let the plat players speed up the construction, but make them purchase the items from the non-plat players.

I am a big plat player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Whatever is decided, I hope essences will be easily and plentifully found. If it takes too long to gather them, you could hardly manage to craft your items within an expansion cap or it would cost a ridiculous amount of gold to do so.

Personally, I'm all for the proposed plat options. It's nice to have an alternative, on top of the gold options, for people who are interested in crafting but can't spend all day farming for components. But that might just be me.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!