Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ban the Midas Touch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sprtcuz View Post
    " Originally Posted by Delphina "

The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.
    Yes we maybe on the internet but I still class some people in this game as my good friends. This is insulting to me IMO because real life friends let you down also. Not everyone is a Catfish. And it is a chance you take online and in real life. Difference is in real life something can be done about it. Can I ask why you can't retrieve stolen goods? Other MMO's can? After all this isn't really a free to play game now is it.

Back on topic the only way to solve this is to remove this AP ...... No brainer really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    If you want to keep this thread alive and make STS hear the voice of AL, do what I actually did :

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1323460

Inform your own guild to post their opinions in this thread, spread it around. STS should listen to their customers and do something if most will say their opinion.

Let's keep it alive!
    Already on it Paul :-) thanks for your support

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

not true, its just how they are.

the true color of human nature and greed.

everyone has greed inside but its how you handle it.

don't let greed take over you its not worth losing your friends.
    Again the donkey picture has to come out.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  19.7 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    Again the donkey picture has to come out.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  19.7 KB
    I say NO to OAP points and STS should help you guys get the gold back.

END!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

You know, maybe they SHOULD put some kind of a grace period on your gold.

If you want the achievment you need to hold your gold for a week (or longer even). You're right, you won't be able to use it, but that's the price of getting the achievement. Now, its not going to help everyone. Yes, some people WILL still be dumb enough to give their gold away. But it should prevent most people.

On the one hand, while I do agree its a no brainer that this AP shouldn't have been introduced (and should probably be removed). On the other hand, I see where sprtcuz is coming from with regard to paying real money (if anyone is really that wealthy that they would blow that much plat to buy gold for some "title").

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

The more I see in game, the more I realize that this thread is right on the mark.

Having these APs encourages greed, scamming and ruthless, uncivilized behavior. Especially when everything is done at risk and is purely based upon trust. Unfortunately, this has a counter productive result that discourages trust - and this will inevitably damage the game in ways we cannot imagine right now.

At the end of the day, what is the point of these specific APs - to see how much gold you can accumulate? At least the other APs have a purpose - to drive the storyline forward, these are purely greed oriented achievements and usually leave a trail of victims in their wake.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Personally, I do think that the AP causes people to want that AP so bad they will resort to deviant measures to achieve it but I can't help thinking that removing it won't make a difference and people will still get scammed...the difference being that they will get scammed of an item or two, not all of their gold, so it will sting a bit less. I like the idea of having to hold the gold for a certain amount of time to make it award the AP because it makes it easier to say no, "Oh, sorry. I can't loan you my gold for a week. There are some things I want to buy".

I've loaned stuff and gold and never gotten it back but I was prepared for that to happen. And I don't think that NOT trusting people is the solution. It seems that the solution that makes the most sense, removing the AP, won't be implemented because it does lead to people opening crates (at least I'm assuming this is why?) so finding solutions that may help keep thefts from happening (aside from the obvious of not loaning out gold) may make STG more inclined to bring about a change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    As always I would like you to read before you automatically judge the post title. There is logic to what I'm saying and I would like you all to bare with me.

Firstly I would like to start off by saying that IMO this is THE MOST STUPID AP I HAVE EVER COME ACCROSS. It's also the biggest scamming point in game at the moment. People are losing millions of Gold helping those that they believe they can trust. Only to lose it.

You can all sit there and says that it is their fault, and yes to a certain degree I completely agree with you. However, if this AP had not been brought in, the idea of scamming someone for 100 million would not even come into peoples heads.

In real life people are greedy, fact. And where there is a way to obtain free money by taking advantage of others without getting into trouble they will exploit it.

For gods sake STS get rid of this ap, and get rid of the carrot dangling in front of peoples faces. It's a ridiculous AP that proves nothing. If you have this much gold in the first place that is the biggest achievement. Those that have it don't show it off, fact. Let's be honest, there are many other APs that could be done. And there are plenty of threads on that.

4 good friends we're scammed millions today by helping a trusted officer. He then vanished. They had known this person for months. Because this is a game he can just disappear. How is that right?

Take the greed out of the AP. and take the scam out of the game.

Thanks for reading.

Jon

Edit: This AP should be renamed SWINDLERS TOUCH

STS Please take note of what some of the most respected players in this game are saying, with so much support on this thread surely you can look at the point we are trying to get accross.

Thank you everyone in DM EOS and all other top guilds for your support
    lmdao totally agree, but geez why u gotta sound so mad LMFAO, its like youre yelling at sts

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

agree completely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

It's called a well written productive post mate. He isn't mad ..... I AM, I've lost a very dear friend this weekend because of this AP. So yes I will yell at sts if it means them fixing this.

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    lmdao totally agree, but geez why u gotta sound so mad LMFAO, its like youre yelling at sts
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 11-04-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    You know, maybe they SHOULD put some kind of a grace period on your gold.

If you want the achievment you need to hold your gold for a week (or longer even). You're right, you won't be able to use it, but that's the price of getting the achievement. Now, its not going to help everyone. Yes, some people WILL still be dumb enough to give their gold away. But it should prevent most people.

On the one hand, while I do agree its a no brainer that this AP shouldn't have been introduced (and should probably be removed). On the other hand, I see where sprtcuz is coming from with regard to paying real money (if anyone is really that wealthy that they would blow that much plat to buy gold for some "title").

Well if sts well refund me from all the cash i purchase on plats and converted go gold ill agree on this.

But since its 100% no refund then i say no. Not fair for the rest of us who did not do anything wrong.
    I know im not the only person who spend a lot from this game.
    But its your gold its your responsibility how to take care of it.

Few made a mistake its normal on human nature. Then learn from it,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It's also the biggest scamming point in game at the moment. People are losing millions of Gold helping those that they believe they can trust. Only to lose it.
    I am a relatively new player (barely have 100k gold), but I am not sure I follow here. How are people getting scammed over this title? Does the deceptive "friend" ask to "borrow" several million from several friends so he can get the achievement? Then he logs off?

And if that is what is going on, why do they do it (besides to scam someone)? Does everyone get some award for getting the title?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Well if sts well refund me from all the cash i purchase on plats and converted go gold ill agree on this.

But since its 100% no refund then i say no. Not fair for the rest of us who did not do anything wrong.
    I know im not the only person who spend a lot from this game.
    But its your gold its your responsibility how to take care of it.

Few made a mistake its normal on human nature. Then learn from it,
    If you converted the plat to cash (which is absurd) then you can hold onto if for awhile and get the AP that way shouldn't be a problem eh?

Yes it is human nature ..... If everyone thought it was a mistake to trust where would we be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushed View Post
    I don't really mind what Happens as gold is not that important.

I'd rather have a good friend than 100m
    Why?
    You can't buy friend with gold.
    You can't say sorry with gold

Once again I rather have a friend who cares than 100m who can't say nothing nor does a title
    I luv you!
    PL - Besbirdy L76 Bird
    Well you done is better than well said...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

" Originally Posted by Delphina "

The midas touch AP is meant to be achieved by earning that much gold and not by asking your friends to borrow their gold to get the AP.

The gift function was designed as just that--to give items to other players with no expectation of having them returned to you. When you lend things this way, getting your stuff back depends solely on the goodwill of the “borrower.”

We’re very proud of our community members who want to share their items, and who truly want to help their friends. Sadly, as we are unable to retrieve stolen items—only investigate issues and distribute warnings accordingly—we strongly discourage the use of the gift function to loan items.

Please always keep in mind that we are on the Internet, and that there is no way to be sure who's on the other side of the connection. No matter how many raids you do together, no matter how much you hang out in-game or on the forums, unless you know someone in real life, there's no way to be sure that they're as cool as they've made themselves out to be.
    She has her points, Sts have their point. this is just a game to them.. but this is personal to players
    as much as you choose not to, sometimes you do get connected with people in a very unique way in this game.. and you end up trusting them "FOOLISHLY"
    and in the end.. whos always to blame? when you get screwed over? YOU, always YOU .. which really just becomes real emotional to people
    and they get mad at themselves for being stupid and blame the people who used them. It becomes discouraging to play this game when that happens. Its not about the gold.. its about friends betraying

STS doesnt support scamming, and they are well aware that friends will gather money for 100m ap because its not easy to get
    but by keeping this AP.. they are technically encouraging people to scam..cuz they already know the possible outcome.. but at the same time they are parenting.. in such a way " DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE YOU MEET IN GAME. "
    everything you do will always have some kind of risk that comes with it.. comes down to how careful you are. There are a bunch of kids in the game who are easily fooled also
    ... 13-50+ yrs old ppl play this game.. and theres a huge gap of knowledge and maturity there. Even if you tell kids do not trust people in game, .. kids will be kids. human will be human. its not gonna change

Anyways it doesnt hurt to ban this ap , it wont hurt anyone , but it does hurt a lot of people keeping it. In which im not really sure why youre not
    supporting this lol.. you have your own opinion, understandable.. but it kinda reflects who you are as a person

Im sorry to tell you this, but it kinda sounds like you at least have scammed once
    Last edited by inkredible; 11-04-2013 at 10:57 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to inkredible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

If you converted the plat to cash (which is absurd) then you can hold onto if for awhile and get the AP that way shouldn't be a problem eh?

Yes it is human nature ..... If everyone thought it was a mistake to trust where would we be?
    Plat>Cash

Never for me

I hate making Long posts yes I m lazy
    I should really stop being lazy lest begin

Why did Spacetime Games make the Midas touch Ap?
    If that was me (unfortunately I'm not) I will not make that Ap.But we all make mistakes like take me for example when In PL
    I was Sellng and Wepon which was worth 1m I put in cs I thought I wrote 1m n box but I really put 100k.I regretted that day and sold my dc stuff.Its Not Their fault It's no ones they thought they could make it better which they are still doing.
    It will take time for them to understand.They might get something different of what I'm thinking.No one is the same,right?
    StG Is Awsome but they cannot fix everything in one second like bans/scams/tickets etc.
    I advise Jon And all the other who agree to Private Message Delphina After The Crafting/Upgrading Update,They have A lot on their hands

StG is amazing.No matter what they please me.If there was one company I would take is STG.Why?
    They never disappoint me.Yes I said NEVER.
    I seriously liked this idea since I saw it in the Ap place But never had gut to
    From now on I will try not to be quiet of some ideas .

I <3 You all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Hey Ink, thanks for the support. I'm not mad at STS.... the players who have affected the game however, yes.

I just want them to see that without this AP the game would be a better place.

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

She has her points, Sts have their point. this is just a game to them.. but this is personal to players
    as much as you choose not to, sometimes you do get connected with people in a very unique way in this game.. and you end up trusting them "FOOLISHLY"
    and in the end.. whos always to blame? when you get screwed over? YOU, always YOU .. which really just becomes real emotional to people
    and they get mad at themselves for being stupid and blame the people who used them. It becomes discouraging to play this game when that happens. Its not about the gold.. its about friends betraying

STS doesnt support scamming, and they are well aware that friends will gather money for 100m ap because its not easy to get
    but by keeping this AP.. they are technically encouraging people to scam..cuz they already know the possible outcome.. but at the same time they are parenting.. in such a way " DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE YOU MEET IN GAME. "
    everything you do will always have some kind of risk that comes with it.. comes down to how careful you are. There are a bunch of kids in the game who are easily fooled also
    ... 13-50+ yrs old ppl play this game.. and theres a huge gap of knowledge and maturity there. Even if you tell kids do not trust people in game, .. kids will be kids. human will be human. its not gonna change

Anyways it doesnt hurt to ban this ap , it wont hurt anyone , but it does hurt a lot of people keeping it. In which im not really sure why youre not
    supporting this lol.. you have your own opinion, understandable.. but it kinda reflects who you are as a person

Im sorry to tell you this, but it kinda sounds like you at least have scammed once
    Ran out of thanks! Great post mate I agree totally with it xD

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

It's called a well written productive post mate. He isn't mad ..... I AM, I've lost a very dear friend this weekend because of this AP. So yes I will yell at sts if it means them fixing this.
    Of course he's upset, but all im saying is, "yelling" doesnt fix anything, nothin directed
    Last edited by inkredible; 11-04-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Hey Ink, thanks for the support. I'm not mad at STS.... the players who have affected the game however, yes.

I just want them to see that without this AP the game would be a better place.
    i feel ur pain