Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Golden Puzzlebox daily

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    I don't like this idea. The price for elite gold war chests plummeted after introducing the quest last season. If u want elite gold puzzle boxes arena is the place to be. Also, Before that whole quest series last season u could sell regular silver and gold war chests for 15-20k. After the quest intro they were 3-4k. Regular golds right now are going for 20-25k.

I sell elite gold puzzle boxes tho so I want the prices to stay high. If u open them I can see why u would want a quest for them. Last season we had keep where a pug could form and run it in 8 min. We don't have an area like that this season so the prices may stay up.
    Also the price of Elite Gold Warchests dropped very fast during the Bael II update where hundreds of them flooded the auction.. Some were even listed at 17k~20k, at that time..
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    what merchandise in elite gold puzzleboxes is really worth anything tho? It was my understanding that when people buy them they are essentially buying a chance to loot an arcane. The odds of getting arcanes is so low that i don't think the vast majority of puzzlebox farmers will make that much.
    Merchandise referred to EGPBs. If you sell more chests then you can accept a lower price to maintain the same profits.

At your "chance at arcane" point, its a kershal septer. A 50-60mil item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Also the price of Elite Gold Warchests dropped very fast during the Bael II update where hundreds of them flooded the auction.. Some were even listed at 17k~20k, at that time..
    And I am not encouraging another event like that. Merely a daily.

Note:
    ​I even suggested changing the required number of elite bosses slain from 20 to 30+. I think 30 or 40 is a fair number.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The price of EGP won't drop because of this if the number is high like 40 Shuyal Boss kills. I mean how many people ACTUALLY finish 40 runs in a day? Some probably do, but a majority would probably complete it over a week which would be fine and the prices would still be stable enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    The price of EGP won't drop because of this if the number is high like 40 Shuyal Boss kills. I mean how many people ACTUALLY finish 40 runs in a day? Some probably do, but a majority would probably complete it over a week which would be fine and the prices would still be stable enough.
    We know that you would so you can have that mythic staff.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    I did 12 today. I usually do about 10-30 a day. The purpose of this daily isn't to be completed in a day IMO. It is to give farmers some hope that they will eventually make back their gold and turn a profit.

Players with lesser gear (like me last season) were able to vastly increase their gear with enough time last season with the introduction of this daily (I gained my first mythic AND the gold for my first arcane through the juggernauts of nordor daily).

Taut daily is the sole reason I became a heavy elite runner and I always tell people who can't run shuyal to take advantage of it. I earnestly believe the implication of an EGPB daily would benefit everyone. Pros and beginners alike will build wealth (with enough effort).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

im agreed , since this season drop elite golden puzzle its harder than others seasons drop each elite golden chest .
    So +1 for this idea, also it will be fine an event like elite mines in nordr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

+1 from me too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Puntus View Post
    also it will be fine an event like elite mines in nordr
    Not so sure about this, last season the mines ruined legendary market. Today the runs take like 10-12 mins for a moderate party and I am not so sure what would be so great or challenging about killing Overgrowth or Inan within 3 minutes in some kind of a
    "mine".

What I would welcome though would be Blue Dudes' Elite Tombs with a chance for Archon rings (even if being more scarce drop than currently)

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    Not so sure about this, last season the mines ruined legendary market. Today the runs take like 10-12 mins for a moderate party and I am not so sure what would be so great or challenging about killing Overgrowth or Inan within 3 minutes in some kind of a
    "mine".

What I would welcome though would be Blue Dudes' Elite Tombs with a chance for Archon rings (even if being more scarce drop than currently)
    I bought my mythic armor 10m in that moment of elite mines , with farming there

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Puntus View Post
    I bought my mythic armor 10m in that moment of elite mines , with farming there
    Yes, I believe you, but as a consequence the prices of legendary items collapsed. I am not saying no to this idea - it would be fun to fight the bosses alone and test the best strategy. I am only saying that perhaps some other farming arena would be better (e.g. those Blue Dudes with Big Blue Dude as boss). But that is not the original purpose of this thread and I don't want to hijack it

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I would like to also throw in my support for this idea.

Primarily because I spent two afternoons running elite shuyal forest breach and wasted over a hundred lives with a lep pendant on at boss and the best I got after two days of runs was a copper puzzlebox. Say what you want about luck and what not, but that is just plain ballz.

Esp when you consider the sheer difficulty of elite shuyal with a full team. It's so bad that you literally have to skip 80% of forest breach and book it to the hermits -- only to take a moments breath before you have to jump back out and fight off everything that chased you just to be able to re spawn near the boss. And then finally, after all that dust has settled, you get to run in and get raped by Ferrix because of his massive shadow pools that have a slow and homing effect.

And he's supposedly the easiest of the elite shuyal, mind you.

And to be completely honest, I was eight different kinds of pissed that I went through all the trouble to run that map repeatedly for next to nothing after two days of work. It's just cray.

I therefore support anything that would ensure that I at least have access to one even if it means doing 30+ runs of regular shuyal boss maps, because as it stands I will not be making anymore efforts to run elite shuyal, it's just not worth it.
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 11-12-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post

I therefore support anything that would ensure that I at least have access to one even if it means doing 30+ runs of regular shuyal boss maps, because as it stands I will not be making anymore efforts to run elite shuyal, it's just not worth it.
    I'm pretty sure this entire thread is about a reward for running elite shuyal bosses, not regular if that's what you meant.

+1 to the idea though. I don't see the harm in introducing this, especially with a number in the 20-30 range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevaporz View Post
    I'm pretty sure this entire thread is about a reward for running elite shuyal bosses, not regular if that's what you meant.

+1 to the idea though. I don't see the harm in introducing this, especially with a number in the 20-30 range.
    I don't care how its handled, tbh, just as long as i don't feel like I'm wasting my time running elite shuyal.

I don't think it's unfair to ask for at least one EGP as a prize for a daily quest even if it means running elite till I'm blue in the face (pun not intended), lol.
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 11-12-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
    I don't care how its handled, tbh, just as long as i don't feel like I'm wasting my time running elite shuyal.

I don't think it's unfair to ask for at least one EGP as a prize for a daily quest even if it means running elite till I'm blue in the face (pun not intended), lol.
    1) I was suggesting 30+ elite shuyal maps per EGPBs reward from the daily.

2) exactly, some gold for all of people's hard work. I hate it when I do a ton of runs (20+) and I don't loot above a silver. With this daily players would have some sense of a goal to work towards.
    *"ok just a few more runs and it will all be worth it." Should be the goal mindset.

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Good feedback guys. I'll suggest it to the team and we'll see what floats. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Good feedback guys. I'll suggest it to the team and we'll see what floats. Thanks!
    *prays EGPBs can float*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I somehow missed this but great suggestion! They should have dailies like this for every new cap right from the start.

It would also be cool if they would give us elite quests that grant us essences to craft. As far as I understood (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been able to be on the forums much lately), essences only drop in normal levels. Making achievable daily elite quests for essences could help popularize elite runs a lot. The way it stands now I only see elite being ran less and less, because everyone will want those essences.

In order to prevent that people would just farm the easiest elite boss, these dailies could be implemented only for the latest elite maps.

Elite Shuyal runs are already pretty dead. Especially if you try and join a pug, you can stand around there for half an hour without anyone joining, in any map. Making daily quests for puzzle boxes would definitely help, making dailies for essences could help popularize elite runs even further.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Essences drop in every map, elite or regular, but obviously you can gain them faster in regular maps (km3 will be a hot spot).

Essence based quests are interesting, but STS won't want elite to be so apealing that spending plat on essences doesn't make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Yeah, the game just isn't fun in elite unless you hand picked your team. Pugs mostly fail. I think that elite mode should be done away with if it's going to be this dead.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!