Thread: a way to stop ap scam?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default a way to stop ap scam?

How about this. What if sts makes it that a player can not trade a large amount of gold to a another player with means of knowing you can't get it back. So it's like this yes you can trade someone 20m but you know you can't get it back. So this would totally stop ap scams because why would a player want to trade 20m knowing they can't get it back from the player they traded with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Its a nice idea, but it removes the option to give large amounts of gold to players (as a gift, I doubt many do it now but complaints would come if this is implanted) and it could be bypassed by doing multiple trades with an amount of gold right below the cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Also it would stop the argument between players." Why can't you trust me" you' " it's not that I don't trust you I just know I won't get it back" I really think this would stop the scamming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Well the point of a gift is giving and knowing you won't get it back. So you can still give gifts. And for the gold amount It can be any amount of gold once you trade. You have to know you can't get it back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Simple way to ignore this situation is to ignore the person. On partial part, if you get scammed its your fault since u decided to completely trust that person

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Yes that's true true. But this completey eliminate scammers asking for gold to get the ap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

There's will always be people really tthinking they can trust someone and losing money because of it. This will stop it all. And if the person asking for the gold is really a honest and trustful person who was really going to give back. They can't be hurt by the person saying no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I really don't get how people fall for this crap...

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I don't think this idea will work. You're saying that the money won't be able to be returned in large amounts, so someone can just get past this rule by giving back the gold multiple times in small portions. Also, this wouldn't be that great because what if that person you gave your money to will want you to trade with him for something in the future? That wouldn't be very practical, would it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I don't think this idea will work. You're saying that the money won't be able to be returned in large amounts, so someone can just get past this rule by giving back the gold multiple times in small portions. Also, this wouldn't be that great because what if that person you gave your money to will want you to trade with him for something in the future? That wouldn't be very practical, would it?
    I can borrow 19,999,999 gold sir pls for AP pls sir?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    I can borrow 19,999,999 gold sir pls for AP pls sir?
    No. Nice try, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't see how people fall for these kind of scams myself, it's all about common sense. The player should think before he acts upon what they are going to do. There used to be a system in place in RuneScape where the trade screens had limits in place, you were only able to trade within the price of the item I believe. Which made it impossible to gift your friends money/items and has since been removed from the game. I think such a system is not needed in any game but a nice idea would be a 'Safety School' of sorts in a game where you go and there are NPC's who can lecture/teach you of known scams players may try and pull on you, perhaps even have a video tutorial of it even who knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

ANY amount of gold you give will not be able to get traded back if you trade it to a person who's not trading anything back to you.. And for being able to trade in the future. The only people that would have trouble with this is people who gift money to their friend. All they would have to do email sts both agreeing on this trade. You still can trade money for items. I'm sure there will be loop holes to get around this but sts could help patch it up. I know this system will never be put in place, but it's just an idea