Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-11-14 Content Update (135333)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Yeah not too happy that old token users like myself got robbed. What does the new spider do?
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pretty great news for non plat users

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Solution for those with preexisting tokens:
    raise them in the same rate as Colton's cost went up. 200 to 500 is a 150% increase (aka 250% of the original).
    People with 100 tokens were only 25 days away from a Colton--now they are 40 days away.
    People who had 400 tokens had 2 Colton's worth--now they can't even afford one Colton.

100 tokens become 250.
    200 becomes 500.
    400 becomes 1000.
    And so on.

As for someone with say, 11 tokens...I think raise it and round down to 27.

For the what to do with 'remainders,' keep them there for until you think of little things to be purchased with tokens that cost 1-3 tokens in the future.
    This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Never ceases to amaze me! good job STS. Though I have spent a lot of plats on face and hair changes; I'm glad to welcome this new method of purchasing them. The spider pet looks fantastic and not to mention adding life for non-plat spenders! I won't have to worry about deleting items now as I can finally purchase slots through story tokens
    Last edited by Limsi; 11-14-2013 at 08:50 PM.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakatoa91 View Post
    Before update I could buy 4 colton on my 3 characters...

NOW, I cant even buy 1... need 10 days to get 1 at least. 30 days for 2 more and 50 days for 1.

Something wrong. I can understand you have made those change to make daily bit more attractive... but you forgot people who force themselve to work for those tokens.

Next time you increase like that. At least warn us about it.
    all my hard work and time and patient to collect is wasted, considering you take time to do the barb quest (all those 4) - although your very tired and sleepy already..... hope you multiply also our tokens we collected... hope for your kind consideration STS team..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

One more thing I'd like to add to my previous post....

Normally a change such as this you would not want to announce in advance since people would have an unfair advantage and could manipulate the market based on their advance knowledge.... However, in this case since the most story tokens you could get in one day was previously 4, you should have given some advance notice to players because some of us saved our story tokens for a really long time, and now we find them devalued. Instead, we could have been given a chance to cash them in for eggs prior to the update.

Nobody could have unfairly used this information to their advantage. The price of colton eggs should stay level since it still takes the same 50 days to save up enough tokens for one, and the new items are new so having advance knowledge of them would not have mattered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

lol 500 story tokens ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Normally a change such as this you would not want to announce in advance since people would have an unfair advantage and could manipulate the market based on their advance knowledge.... However, in this case since the most story tokens you could get in one day was previously 4, you should have given some advance notice to players because some of us saved our story tokens for a really long time, and now we find them devalued. Instead, we could have been given a chance to cash them in for eggs prior to the update.

Nobody could have unfairly used this information to their advantage. The price of colton eggs should stay level since it still takes the same 50 days to save up enough tokens for one, and the new items are new so having advance knowledge of them would not have mattered.
    thats right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Very nice update. Thanks sts team.
    Much easier and useful.

Except like Energizeric said, some of my friends are crying for same issue.
    Luckily I was too lazy to do this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Change the respec currency to story tokens also pls pls pls

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

First of all thank you STS, for making character slots, auctions slots, hair face changes etc... available without plat purchases.

I want to know what happens with character slots. At the moment Ive been creating multiple accounts to try out different characters.
    If I buy a character slot and one of my toon have mythic pet, does this mean all my toon on that one account have the same mythic pets too or, would I have to keep buying different mythic/arcane pets for each toon for the one account? (This question applies once I purchase the character slots)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Algorhythm View Post
    First of all thank you STS, for making character slots, auctions slots, hair face changes etc... available without plat purchases.

I want to know what happens with character slots. At the moment Ive been creating multiple accounts to try out different characters.
    If I buy a character slot and one of my toon have mythic pet, does this mean all my toon on that one account have the same mythic pets too or, would I have to keep buying different mythic/arcane pets for each toon for the one account? (This question applies once I purchase the character slots)
    No. You'll have to buy the mythic pet on all of your toons.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Algorhythm View Post

Pets can only be used on 1 character. So, if you make 2 characters, you'd have to buy pets for each character separately.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

@algorythm having them on one account doesn't change anything. However, it does create some convenience for you. Easier/faster to change characters, and the stash for the characters on that account is shared! This makes it very easy and safe to transfer gold or an item from one of your characters to another (rather than hoping someone will hold your stuff for you and then return it). It is also handy to be able to swap items around to sell on the one toon you have that has extra auction slots, rather than having to get extra auction slots for all of your characters.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have upgraded by swapping story auc slot token, and when the goods are sold and I'll take gold in the error message always appears. is this a bug?
    sorry my bad english .. thank
    Last edited by Timus; 11-15-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    Felixnyet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In my game its still with platinum i have updatet

Sent from my GT-S7710 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    And when will u fix elite oltgar bug?? The tombs still pop up..
    Not to mention the ice giants that talk like pirates. Arrrhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    Solution for those with preexisting tokens:
    raise them in the same rate as Colton's cost went up. 200 to 500 is a 150% increase (aka 250% of the original).
    People with 100 tokens were only 25 days away from a Colton--now they are 40 days away.
    People who had 400 tokens had 2 Colton's worth--now they can't even afford one Colton.

100 tokens become 250.
    200 becomes 500.
    400 becomes 1000.
    And so on.

As for someone with say, 11 tokens...I think raise it and round down to 27.

For the what to do with 'remainders,' keep them there for until you think of little things to be purchased with tokens that cost 1-3 tokens in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenjay View Post
    so sad to those player who has 199 story token before this update

a good update but not smooth
    Quote Originally Posted by jb57542 View Post
    You guys should really multiply all current tokens in satchel by 2.5. This way if I had 200 now I would have 500 instead of degrading previous work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakatoa91 View Post
    Before update I could buy 4 colton on my 3 characters...

NOW, I cant even buy 1... need 10 days to get 1 at least. 30 days for 2 more and 50 days for 1.

Something wrong. I can understand you have made those change to make daily bit more attractive... but you forgot people who force themselve to work for those tokens.

Next time you increase like that. At least warn us about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maalice View Post
    Yeah I'm kinda sad that preexisting tokens weren't multiplied before update but happy to get the new pet...

Tokens probably should have been multiplied by 2 at least
    I'm quite annoyed as I had 690 story tokens saved up and now their value has been greatly reduced. Yesterday I could have purchased 3 colton eggs and had some tokens left over, and today I can just buy 1. Seems like nothing in this game is a safe bet to keep your wealth in. If you keep gold, it gets devalued by inflation, if you buy items, they can increase the drop rate, and now story tokens as well. I guess I better spend my hauntlet tokens quickly before they alter that as well.

What you guys should have done instead is discontinued the old story tokens, let there be a single NPC where they can still be cashed in, and then had the new bards quests give some other new kind of token.

I spent 10 minutes per day on these quests, and now more than 100 days worth of tokens has been robbed from me. That's a lot of time wasted for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Yeah not too happy that old token users like myself got robbed. What does the new spider do?

All of the above. This is really extremely unfair. In my case I had 186 tokens, 4 more days till colton, now it's 32 more days. WTH????
    Why aren't you multiplying existing accounts by 2.5 to respect the effort that has been put in and preserve their value?

Furthermore, it took ***4*** quests per day, for months in some cases, to save those tokens, so even multiplying it by 2.5 is unfair. You should really multiply it by 10 to respect the effort it took to get them. However, please at least adjust it by 2.5 to preserve the buying power that had been hard-earned.

Energizeric, I feel for you mate, that is dreadful.

This also happened with the hellish sets. Many people paid 70 plat for lep bundle and at least one pink that was worth maybe 100k. What is that pink worth now (after halloween)? About 5k if you're lucky, in some case more like 250.

STG we love you, but please be careful with things that affect players savings. It's not fair and in this case you really should adjust the saved amounts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naoavi View Post
    Not to mention the ice giants that talk like pirates. Arrrhhh...All of the above. This is really extremely unfair. In my case I had 186 tokens, 4 more days till colton, now it's 32 more days. WTH????
    Why aren't you multiplying existing accounts by 2.5 to respect the effort that has been put in and preserve their value?

Furthermore, it took ***4*** quests per day, for months in some cases, to save those tokens, so even multiplying it by 2.5 is unfair. You should really multiply it by 10 to respect the effort it took to get them. However, please at least adjust it by 2.5 to preserve the buying power that had been hard-earned.

Energizeric, I feel for you mate, that is dreadful.

This also happened with the hellish sets. Many people paid 70 plat for lep bundle and at least one pink that was worth maybe 100k. What is that pink worth now (after halloween)? About 5k if you're lucky, in some case more like 250.

STG we love you, but please be careful with things that affect players savings. It's not fair and in this case you really should adjust the saved amounts.
    Maybe they would listen to you if you would've been a bit more reasonable. Multiplying the amount of story tokens you have as of right now by 10 is a bit ridiculous. You state you have 186 story tokens, multiply that by ten and you'll get 1860 story tokens. That's absurd, but I agree with your idea that this update was just as absurd as well. Although I appreciate STG's hard work, I think this update should've been a bit less 'drastic', in a sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I mentioned this in another thread, but I think I feel like I should be posting this here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Yes, and people should appreciate STS for this, but IMHO, this update (not Crawly) was a bit unnecessary.

Before, you could obtain 4 story tokens per day, and Colton costed 200 story tokens, so in 50 days, people were able to obtain Colton.

In this update, you can obtain 10 story tokens per day, and Colton now costs 500 story tokens, so again, in 50 days, people are able to obtain Colton, so basically, nothing really changed.

If STS wanted to add a new pet (Crawly), and add a few items, they should've done so without changing the amount of story tokens able to earn per day and without changing Colton and a couple other pets' price either. I think this part was really unnecessary because all you did here was screw up all the other players with 170-199 (more or less) story tokens.

If it'd were up to me, I'd keep the old prices, add Crawly's egg to be purchasable for 200-250 story tokens, make the Tenor Pendants worth around 50-100 story tokens (they're pretty useless compared to the present mythic/legendary amulets), extra character slots for 70-75 story tokens, extra inventory slots for 40-50 story tokens, extra auction slots for 25-30 story tokens, etc.

This is just a fair suggestion IMHO. STS, please consider it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is really good for non-plat users