Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting Official Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I'll have to agree that while the update is quite interesting and fun, it has added a few stressful aspects to the game on which everyone has touched upon. There is far too much trash loot flying around and I really don't understand why. The game really has turned into some sort of an inventory management simulation. Very distracting and I've seen a few of my guildmates having real issues, and these are smart players that know what to do, thats the thing, theres nothing you can do...but wait. We wanna play.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gorecaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    This is just a whiny baby kind of suggestion but my fingers are used to clicking social where the crafting tab is now. I keep hitting crafting when I want to hit social. I wish the tabs could be flip flopped. I'll have real feedback on the actual act of crafting eventually. Thanks!
    Haha!

Same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kjalisi View Post

1) It is encouraging me to spend all my time at Jarl. I have tried farming in other normal maps like Nordr and Shuyal, and even a couple of elites, to try to add some variety to what is a very long and tedious task, but the drop rate just isn't the same. I giggle to myself while farming at Jarl and constantly finding myself in the map with maxed out players, and there we all are just spending our day killing one of the very first and easiest bosses in the game. Perhaps I'd better get to work on my "Retire Jarl" campaign placard ^_^
    I have opposite experience. The few essences i got i got from Shuyal, especially Blood. Brackenridge wasnt really good farming place for me.

I dont get much essences though, maybe bc i dont wear lepre...who knows...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I thought essence wont add to your inventory slots.
    I value power, ambition, and DARKNESS
    Proud member of < Elite Runners >

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    I'll have to agree that while the update is quite interesting and fun, it has added a few stressful aspects to the game on which everyone has touched upon. There is far too much trash loot flying around and I really don't understand why. The game really has turned into some sort of an inventory management simulation. Very distracting and I've seen a few of my guildmates having real issues, and these are smart players that know what to do, thats the thing, theres nothing you can do...but wait. We wanna play.
    The abundance of "trash" loot (white, green, blue) has been corrected. This should help a lot with the inventory management issue.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

So my feedback STS is thank you for this update amazing addition to AL.Also thank you for fixing the crazy drop rate of all items that was insane i actually played without a pet during that one day as to avoid clearing my inventory after every map and was avoiding loot for the first time ever. Now i do not know anything about the mechanics of coding and how hard it is to change and tweak things but something i have noticed and would like 2 see tweaked is the drop rate of essences. I thought the drop rate of essences was perfect with the initial release of crafting (as do all of my guildmates i have talked to about it). But now after this most recent update, fixing the abundant minion drops of everything. We have noticed that the drop rate of essence is roughly half of what it was before. When factoring in the time to craft these essences it was spot on as far as the amount of essences being dropped. I would like to see the drop rate of these essences go back to where they were with the initial release of crafting. Thank you again STS devs for keeping this game interesting for such a long time.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #27
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Aaarrgg, we're watching essence drop rate and the value of gems closely over the coming days and weeks. We will be tuning accordingly.

If essences are overly abundant, then Gems will have little, to no value. If they drop to infrequently, then users will feel less likely to use the system or to bother with re-slotting and chasing Super Gems.

We want it to be fun and balanced. We want to get it right, but that will take some time to shake out. We appreciate your feedback and ask that you give it some time also. Thanks very much!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Aaarrgg, we're watching essence drop rate and the value of gems closely over the coming days and weeks. We will be tuning accordingly.

If essences are overly abundant, then Gems will have little, to no value. If they drop to infrequently, then users will feel less likely to use the system or to bother with re-slotting and chasing Super Gems.

We want it to be fun and balanced. We want to get it right, but that will take some time to shake out. We appreciate your feedback and ask that you give it some time also. Thanks very much!
    Glad you guys are watching for this Sam. Sorry, my last couple of posts over in the other thread were posted before I read your post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Good post Sam. Quick question though, are the drops anyhow based on mob level? Like say a regular normal mob in Shuyal compared to a mob in Brack. Do they both yield the same drop rates or is it much higher on difficulty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Good post Sam. Quick question though, are the drops anyhow based on mob level? Like say a regular normal mob in Shuyal compared to a mob in Brack. Do they both yield the same drop rates or is it much higher on difficulty.
    I would like to know this as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The rate should be increased a tiny bit as soon as possible tbh. I farmed with my friend for an hour just now. Running undim and wt4 with a reroll+a lep on. Know how many essences i got? 4 total. friend got 3. Thats not even right. Obviously you guys don't want the drop rate super high because "the gems will no longer hold value" Which is false. It still takes time to craft the gem. plus people will continue to buy them due to reslotting for the super gem. Thus the price will go up. Increase the drop rate but not to what it was 2 days ago. And do Not increase elite drop rate to prevent archon apocalypse.

If i honestly have to farm for a day just to craft one gem (Might not even be the one i need.) and then wait 12-24-48 hrs to slot it or pay 100 plat? I think im going to be taking a vacation from arcane legends then. Because thats just depressing.

As it stands in my opinion i have better chances of looting a elite gold puzzlebox without a reroll then i do getting essences. lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ventus View Post
    If i honestly have to farm for a day just to craft one gem (Might not even be the one i need.) and then wait 12-24-48 hrs to slot it or pay 100 plat? I think im going to be taking a vacation from arcane legends then. Because thats just depressing.

As it stands in my opinion i have better chances of looting a elite gold puzzlebox without a reroll then i do getting essences. lol
    Good, that means crafting will be rare and thus gems and crafted items will be worth a nice premium. Also, if it is rare and expensive then most players will not craft, so you won't be left out if you decided not to craft.

Guys, crafting should be something that's difficult and time consuming, not something that is easy and cheap. If everyone does it then there is no point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

What really bother it is that we can't use our items for the period of time while it is upgraded.
    Drop% and rare chance of super gem make sense.
    But replacing gems takes SO long, so you made us not play the game. -_-
    I understand that you want us to spend plats. But this game is losing it's real point which is 'fun to play'.
    Last edited by Excuses; 11-20-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2 days or 96 platinum for the last upgrade.... o`cmon why? many player can pay that and many player really wants his upgrade sooner

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Look at the prices of the items... all rised.
    Now explain me how a non plat user can buy a good item.
    The moobs are harder/our stats have been nerfed n if the actual currency are the gems then I don't see how a non plat user can be able to upgrade his gear as he has to sell all the gems he gets to collect some money.
    Farming could be an option yes but how to do it with the difficulty increased n the low drop rate of pinks. Many would be discouraged n quit it.
    I'm not saying running elite should be easier. I think the game needs a way to make people gain money enough to buy at least the best pinks.
    Mythic seems out of reach for a non plat user, especially now that the prices rised so much with the upgrading system.
    To don't talk about the arcane pets which practically doubled in price, I think thanks to all the merchants monopolizing the market.
    I don't like how all became so expensive n this created a chain reaction cause now I also have to increase the prices of the items I sell to collect money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I like the crafting, it shows potential. I would like the essence to stack in 10 = 1 inventory slot. I would also like the ability to craft 10+ gems into a super gem, this would keep the gem price up.

I presume this will be extended to other bits like 10 glac + 10 blood = +Damage gem? that would be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post
    I like the crafting, it shows potential. I would like the essence to stack in 10 = 1 inventory slot. I would also like the ability to craft 10+ gems into a super gem, this would keep the gem price up.

I presume this will be extended to other bits like 10 glac + 10 blood = +Damage gem? that would be nice.
    +1 to the idea of crafting the normal gems into a super gem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foebegone View Post

Love the idea of crafting gems to supers. My only beef so far with socketing is the time requirements. Would be nice if those times got shaved down a little.
    AL IGN: Uguay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    If everyone does it then there is no point.
    Sure, from a PVP perspective. Not from a PVE perspective.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

What is the % rate of getting an exceptional socket? I got my first one exceptional 8 hours after release... but none now!
    I dont use plat to upgrade but i have atleast 3 pieces of the same gear working at all times on several diffrent toons of mine! NOT a single exceptional since... maybe my POV is scewed but 90+ re-re-re tries is getting a little discouraging! I love that it is rare! I dont want u to change it i just want to know my question I asked in my first sentance!