Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pay vs Non-Pay Players

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

wich MMORPG have u played in ur life? really u are crazy 120k per day do u think is good get 1.2mill on 10 days? ok just make 120k per day 3,6m on a month and play 2-3 years to get 1 arcane pet/weapon and after u buy it go to cry bcus the arcane weapond u have waiting 2 years to buy sucks.

really i don't know whats games u play maybe mad games bcus im a old scool player (90s MMORPG ) and i have played many but many many. and all the games i don't need wait 48 hours to put a stone on a item SURE U PLAY MMORPG? ARE U SURE??

and the gold drops here come on wtf is that? u can't no no u can't put a bad drop.. with this gold drop u can't buy pots and how u buy gear? LOL..

Chest here: pay to open, Bad drops after open..

Aion chest: Free drop, Need a key to open. This KEY selling on Auction sale or Drops. all the another chest are free for all to open and drop very very good items all the time BUT SURE ARE NOT EASY TO GET and are not cheap.

but have a best gold drop u don't need play 1 month to open 1 chest..

the items u drop u can sell on auction or u can sell on a npc and don't give u 4 gold to sell in a npc give u 1m for lv 59 items...

Quote Originally Posted by Striderevil View Post
    Non plat= elite puzzlebox = mythics, arcane
    Elite Puzzlebox Ok go to buy 1000 Elite puzzlebox and try to get a mytic/arcane after come back and tell me if u got something.. if the Locked have more drop than this ''chest'' just imagine that..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

So let me get this straight everyones grand idea for low levels is to blast through an entire story, negate the entire game, then play it? After your characters maxed out? Bet you finished skyrim in 3hrs, but have 39 hrs of game play. This is fascinating to me tell me more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

I have three chars:

Rogue Lvl 21

Warrior Lvl 27

Mage Lvl 36

Mage is full myth.

Rogue is at top stats.

Warrior is at top stats.

Never spent a dime on plat.

So here it comes, easy and simple:

If you have time, you grind. If you do not have time, you pay. For most people this formula holds the same chance on success: if you have time, that (mostly) means you do not (can't? Like me) work for money: so you cant buy plat, but must grind. If you dont have the time to grind, that must mean you do work for money, so you can buy Plat.

There is a small percentage of people who don't fit in that roster, but StS did a good job in covering the majority of players and beeing a successful company with that. And that is what we all want, so the game can go on for another year full of entertainment for free.

Oh... mind you. I don't have television... that helps with the time factor too. xD

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

^this guys cute. Since we are measuring extremities I have 15 toons on my main account all maxed out twinks ranging from lvls 6-21. This acct also has 1 elite runner lvl 35 which was originally was my main character. My elite runner has 0 mythic items aside from pets. The point thats being made is that unless you where here for each level cap and was forced to stop you dont truely experience the game until after you've completed the story. You can be a complete numbskull and farm at lvl 36 but at that point youve lost out on the experience of grinding through the ranks. Personally Im just tired of being called a hacker everytime I sit in wm on my lvl 6.People shouldnt look at there fellow player and feel cheated.

P.S on the feeling cheated, I bet all of you bad arse warriors that are maxed out in the finest of arcane gear will be sad to hear the man that is holding 1st rank in lb for warrior ctf kills is a level 10 gl beating that noob farming machine.
    Last edited by nukedwolf; 12-13-2013 at 12:53 AM. Reason: had to p.s to save myself from spamming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes Thats what I have always loved about spacetime studios. Sure you can buy plat and get a head start but you can also get their without paying to just by playing the game. All armors are open to all players no matter the status of paying or not which is lovely. Now WIth trail pay there are plenty of free trails you can get plat from and a hefty amount of it. Ive gotten about 1k plat just from offers which is awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

There is only one point sts shas to change, regarding free plat: they should force nativeX and trial pay to make their offers available to people outside north america. Europeans e.g. right now are not able to see most off the offers we have available here in the u.s.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

You are missing the point of a twink.

Twinks are secondary toons, with gear often purchased or supported by end-game toons.

If your point is that a new player can enter the game, get to level 6 and expect to have top-end gear without plat or other means, then, yes, you are correct, it is not feasible. But, if you are an experienced player, where you have at least one end-game toon and then try to set up a twink account, then you are incorrect, it is entirely feasible to accomplish both without resorting to plat purchases.

Basically, the point is that the real money making opportunities (outside of merching) are accomplished by looting/farming at end-game. To get the best twink gear, you will need an end-game toon to provide the income and gear for your twink. You cannot simply start up the game for the first time and expect to buy or loot the best lv6, lv10, lv15/16 gear. To have this mechanism in place would cheat the end-gamers, who have grinded for many seasons, stashing loot, building up inventory, making smart purchases, and rolled along with each and every expansion.

Frankly, if the best gear dropped from normal maps on low level toons, why would anyone ever want to run elites, or farm the arena, go on Bael/Krunch hunts? To reintroduce top end gear at low levels would only cheat end-gamers. You can certainly drop viable gear at low levels, but the truly elite twink gear is, for the most part, discontinued, hence the high value and price at auction. This is a reward to those who farmed elites when the cap was 16, or engaged in the various seasonal events along the way.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    You are missing the point of a twink.

Twinks are secondary toons, with gear often purchased or supported by end-game

Frankly, if the best gear dropped from normal maps on low level toons, why would anyone ever want to run elites, or farm the arena, go on Bael/Krunch hunts? To reintroduce top end gear at low levels would only cheat end-gamers. You can certainly drop viable gear at low levels, but the truly elite twink gear is, for the most part, discontinued, hence the high value and price at auction. This is a reward to those who farmed elites when the cap was 16, or engaged in the various seasonal events along the way.
    So when all the season 1-3 players leave and all the hoarded items they have stored go with them then what is your briliant plan? Every item in the last update aside from what comes out of locks is bias towards end game players. The items we seasoned player where able hoard and obtain are not readly available to new players. Please tell me about how this is going to be fair when the cap is 56 and all items available in th previous caps cost more than 500k. Tell me how this is not going to effect the longevity of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nukedwolf View Post
    So when all the season 1-3 players leave and all the hoarded items they have stored go with them then what is your briliant plan? Every item in the last update aside from what comes out of locks is bias towards end game players. The items we seasoned player where able hoard and obtain are not readly available to new players. Please tell me about how this is going to be fair when the cap is 56 and all items available in th previous caps cost more than 500k. Tell me how this is not going to effect the longevity of the game.
    Because Low level pinks continue to drop in the lower maps and continue to be sold in AH as ppl dont need them anymore. you can search up any level in AH/CS and you'll find pink items ranging from the minimum price all the way up to Twink lvl gears that drop from crates and the older discontinued gears. Since from what I've read the concern is to obtain reasonable gear to complete the quests that doesnt suck, STS is constantly releasing and refreshing gears of all classes and levels and rarities so that new players can complete the story lines with reasonable gears that aren't overpriced.

Once you start talking about rare/discontinued items, you're entering a different ball game all together that is for the realm of the Hardcore and Collectors of the game. If you're at this level, you know already have an understanding of the game, have amassed (hopefully) a reasonable amount of gold and know exactly what you are looking for.

Finally, the Halloween and Winter Events have created a whole other market of accessible and affordable items for new players to take advantage of, along with seasoned players being able to recognize the potential for some of these items (Vampire Amulets).
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hey hector do me a favor. Start a new character level it up to 10 and not using the wealth youve accumulated already try to seek out and finish just 1 tarloks lair. Once you've died 15x from ice tempered goblin w a group of 4 and still havent got him even half life come back and tell me what ya think. The new items that are introduced are from locked crates only, tell me how this will not be an issue later. At the moment it seems meanless becuase all the gear is still readily available. There should be some form of stability and common ground on items released in game, not a here now gone the next style of rarities. And for the record ah is really only full of gears that are hoarded by twinks to sell of an overpriced number later after there no longer available as seen with (vampire amulet). Sure you can make it through the levels by tank potions the whole way there but it seems remedial to have to do it this way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nuked let me get what you are saying. You wan't an mmorpg in which all expansion and special event bosses are accessible to all players that can scale from lvl 10 on up to lvl 36. Then your saying that if they rush through they will not be immersed in the story line. So let me start by saying that a brand new lvl 10 player already has enough things to keep him occupied by learning how to play explore existing maps and fighting lower level bosses until he can comfortable manage all levels of playing from trading to crafting. These special events are to keep the long existing players interested and are more for the benefit of the regulars than a newbie. When you are lvl 10 stick to lvl 10 maps. Level up, grind where whatever you can get your hands on from opening chests and other stuff that drop from bosses. Find the next map hard or dying too often? Go back to the previous map you found challenging and grind till you level up or get better drops to challenge the next map.

That being said have you tried hoarding rares, epics and legendary levels especially at the twink level? You'll run out of storage long before you make a dent in the supply. Also how many newbies know how to use the market at level 10? Also the level progression is very rapid at low level so unless they are a twink account, reaching level 20 can be done in 2 days to a week depending on how much time they put into it while following the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    wich MMORPG have u played in ur life? really u are crazy 120k per day do u think is good get 1.2mill on 10 days? ok just make 120k per day 3,6m on a month and play 2-3 years to get 1 arcane pet/weapon and after u buy it go to cry bcus the arcane weapond u have waiting 2 years to buy sucks.
    Which mmo have you played where some form of payment is not present? Lets take the famous world of warcraft where not only can items be traded bought auctioned but now there are private sites that manage these transaction for real money. In fact knowing this blizzard already started their own version of auction sites where real money is exchanged for ingame items and they profit a small percentage of it as in Diablo 3. There isn't a famous mmorpg where rare and valuable items have not been procurred for cash outside of the game mechanics at the owners risk sometimes.

If everyone opened a Locked crate or a elite Gold puzzlebox and out popped a mythic or arcane weapon whats the point of it being a highly rare sought after item?
    That being said Mythics are worth 2mill to 5 mill depending on item. Prices always start dropping so if you can generate 3.2 mill a month then what are you complaining about? Not even Aion will give you super rare stuff just because you opened a chest. For a person who claims to have played a lot of mmorpg since the 90's your relatively clueless. Also you dont need to buy every single pet that comes out. Save up for a special one and when the time is right buy it.

On my mage I can achieve around 900 armor and 370 - 380 dmg on only legendary upgraded items which have been procured from normal bosses opening a few chests and elites. A mythic geared mage can achieve on average 432 dmg and 1032 armor. The difference translates to a little longer dance with tough bosses but in no way gives a mythic an amazing mind blowing out of this world advantage. They can still be one shot crited by bosses just like the rest of us. So please don't sit there and tell me to open a puzzlebox and see if I get one cause if my luck is good I could get one right of the bat.

Your talking about Aion heres the problem as well http://www.playerauctions.com/aion-items/. Anyone with enough cash can buy what ever they want including a new account for $50. Your precious Aion has inherently created a demand for rare items for which people are willing to spend serious cash to obtain what they want since its either too expensive or rare to obtain in game.

Every game has an inherently different way of crafting. There are some games you have to keep grinding to get the materials to make the upgrade. Then there is a chance of failure. But some will say to increase chance of success pay a certain amount. So I'd rather wait a day and get +3 or 6 than keep grinding for a super rare stone with a 60% or higher chance of crafting failure. The last games I've played before stopping were Age of Wushu, World of warcraft, Diablo all of which were too time consuming and earlier AEIndia. All of them have some form of payment thats gives an advantage but nothing that is overpowering.

At least here you have a chance to obtain all items where some games have payment exclusive items only.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Striderevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I have been playing this game since it came out. upto kraken gold was hard to get bt from nodr and shuyal it is easy to get money due to daily quest that rewards 500gold each.
    and one can make 5k-10k daily doing dailiy quest nowadays.
    it has improved alot.
    also the bard revamped is the coolest update till now.

only one thing keep in mind that one uses plat only to get desired stuff quick and those non plat users should have patience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol this is why I had the original post closed to many closed minded already capped players that would rather seek out and assure there dominance instead of working together to over all improve the community. I'm with Bod on this one, I'm bowing out before this goes to a worse place and completely turns the right people away.Sam and his people have heard the testimonials its up to them to test and tweak where needed/if needed.

P.S 22 ydra bosses ea before my lvl 10 group gave up on portals. That makes 88 bosses and 0 portals. Theyll probably raise the spawn rate w 14 days left of the event.. sigh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Well, I believe that no matter how you feel about the pay vs free to play issue, we can agree that STS is one of the fairest of companies. Yes, this event made a lot of people angry. Yes, the mythic/arcane availability could be better. But overall this company has done better than any other I've found. I spend $10 a month on plat, the same or cheaper than a subscription for mmo, and I spend it mostly on luck elixers which gives me enough gold to get high grade pinks.

Even if you are non-plat completely, I'm sure you get enough satisfaction out of the game for it being free. These forums are great for discussing what we feel to be issues, and Nuked and Bod have brought up valid points, so let's enjoy the game and hope these issues are addressed.

And you should never flame someone for posting a complaint on forums, that's what they're here for.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MetalForce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I use $90 and guess what.. im almost full mythic.. grind elite or farm locked.. btw im playing this game only for few weeks.. 3 weeks? BUT.. im a hardcore farmer ( after failed on locked and get my lesson )

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Exactly my point, and I'm experiencing this first hand. Lucky for me I will get by since I'm not a new comer and have many items that will better me off at Cap. But for the true new freemium players all I see is a struggle.

Imagine at lvl 76/81 Cap, the levelling progression for non plat players will be truly non existent. Isn't it best to tackle this head on now, than to end up like that?
    Actually, you have not considered something very important.... The reason the very early elite gear is quite rare is because the game was very new in seasons 1 & 2 and so not that much of it was ever farmed. But for later campaigns the elite gear is pretty cheap now. For example, Sealord armor and helm, which were the elite gear for season 3, can be bought for 25-50k per piece. Considering they went for 500k-1m back during season 3, I'd say that's pretty cheap.

I would expect future campaigns to end up similar. And once we have newer mythic and arcane items in future campaigns, these older ones that we use now will become much cheaper as well.