Thread: I need help with my build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question I need help with my build

Hello everyone,

I've just started a warrior and I'm planning on becoming a supportive tank. Here is my idea for a build with a few comments.
    The build is a mix of group-PvP and PvE, which is why I'm not so sure about taunting as it usually doesn't work in PvP in other MMOs.

Passives:
    - Durable 5/5
    - Might 5/5

As a tank my survivability should be great. Therefore I take extra STR (for HP) and extra armour.

Skills:
    - Horn of Renew:
    - (Increased Range)
    - Increased Duration
    - (Challenge)
    - Protective Shield

I can heal myself and my team mates... I think that says enough.
    Increased Range:
    I've played a rogue with noxious bolt, and I find 6m range to be a lot. So I dont see the reason for more range.

Challenge:
    It's nice to be able to taunt enemies. Being able to taunt and support at the same time is even better.
    But when I use a heal spell it's probably because things aren't going too well, and it might be more of a problem to taunt enemies...

- Vengeful Blood:
    - Focused Rage
    - Adrenaline Surge

This will both boost me and help my team mates. Since damage dealing is not my first priority I left out Acute Strike and Savage Strikes.

- Rally Cry:
    - Lungs of Might
    - Call to Arms
    - Song of the Fallen
    - (Forced March)

Forced March:
    Getting this should be for escaping... I don't see a great use for this; neither for me nor for my team mates.
    If my team mates like additional movement speed they have probably gotten it in some other way.

For the fourth active skill I'd like an attack skill, to help me bring down my enemies while tanking.
    But I can't decide so I need your help. Here are my thoughts on the skills:

Axe Throw:
    The Pull and the stun are nice, and so are the drop in enemy armour and the feeble status... But the attack is ranged and I'm going to stay close to the battle.

Windmill:
    This is more my thing. Once I'm in the middle of the fight I can deal damage to a lot of enemies and even snare them. Further more I can taunt enemies if that should be necessary.
    If I choose this I don't know whether the increased range is needed as I'll be close to the enemies I'm fighting.

Skyward Smash:
    This seems like the most wanted skill by all warriors... But I don't really get it.
    It may allow me to be the first to enter the fight and I can stun enemies, giving me time to build aggro in PvE.

Chest Splitter:
    This is my second favourite (next to windmill). It taunts (PvE) and it can disorient enemies (does this work in PvP?). It deals good damage and in a wide area I've been told.

Other questions:
    Are there any notable differences between sword/axe and sword+shield?
    Are the sword+shield combinations only available through purchase/auction house like the bows are?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

sword - mainly for dps, hammer has better dmg
    axe - balanced dps and dmg(?)
    hammer - mainly for dmg, sword has better dps.

About your skills, if you read other threads which is just under this section you will find that the skills youre using seems a bad choice. Anyways, ill just point out some of the things that you miss. if you have time, i suggest read other threads about people's opinion for warrior class and how to tank.

horn: protective shield and inc range are important as the taunt. basicaly all upgrades of Horn is a must.
    you know elite bosses, they use this killer blows that could onehit anyone. If you have the protective shield and the range you can save your team with the timing to counter the boss' deadly shot.

rally cry - on other threads, this skill is the lowest and imo its not worth it. In theory, the buffs and all is good but you can get more by spending those 5points to other skills(ex: juggernaut)

here are some links and read them if you want to be a better tank.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...E-Engame-Build

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...in-AL(max-lvl)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-elite-tanking

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-elite-tanking
    Last edited by Cero; 12-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post: