Thread: Aimed vs Nox test

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Default Aimed vs Nox test

Hello,

I need to perform an experiment: please tell how many shots it takes to kill some standard enemies, such as the barons, troll and Pahl in Daily Story, or perhaps elite Thunk if these are too easy.
    Shoot as fast as possible, no pet, and please post after you have gathered info from both Aimed and Nox, preferably if you have maxed both and don't change gear or level between tests.
    I am still a rogue noob but it seems to me that Nox is only slightly slower (like 9:10), in which case it would be vastly superior.
    If there is a thread on it already... point me in the direction.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

It's not so much the standard damage, but the Critical that gets you with Aimed.

Plus, the debuffs on Aimed are quite powerful and start stacking before damage is calculated.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    It's not so much the standard damage, but the Critical that gets you with Aimed.

Plus, the debuffs on Aimed are quite powerful and start stacking before damage is calculated.
    crit on aimed can destroy people so for that reason it wins, BUT i use both. during a combo i charge aimed, soot, then quickly shoot nox, and then shadow dash. seems to work but on my rogue i have a lot of mana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

The question is, do you crit so often? Let me repeat a conversation I had with a rogue as a sorcerer.

Rogue: "I hit for 5k crit aimed shot yesterday"
    Me: "I've dealt some 600k damage since yesterday"
    Rogue: [confused]

I don't want to discuss skill builds (I lean toward aim, nox, razor, veil but not yet decided).
    My question was, can someone please compare the two skills in a real situation? I am only interested in PvE.
    Plus, the debuffs on Aimed are quite powerful and start stacking before damage is calculated
    Critical+debuff+stacking vs poison. Hard to judge. Real test is best. I don't have maxed the two yet but nox kills faster for me so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i'm not sure why u want a test? look at the skill descriptions. any good rogue will have both aimed and nox. there's really not a way around it. the crit on aimed is insane and at level 36 a fully upgraded nox is doing 180-200 poison damage per second (it stacks twice).

btw, the cooldown on aimed and nox are both 2 secs. the firing speed is the same.
    Last edited by wvhills; 11-04-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    i'm not sure why u want a test? any good rogue will have both aimed and nox
    *Some* people may have an idea of dropping aimed shot, at least in some situations (mob fights) with 5 active skills.
    From my tests it just seems that Aimed shot is overrated. Of course I don't have 30% crit base and Ribbit active at all times.

And yes, I have read the descriptions of both and I am still not sure if aimed shot is even better than noxious bolt when attacking a single enemy. There are way too many percentages and effects to consider.

I guess I'll have to level to 36 (or more like 41 at the time) and see for myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    *Some* people may have an idea of dropping aimed shot, at least in some situations (mob fights) with 5 active skills.
    From my tests it just seems that Aimed shot is overrated. Of course I don't have 30% crit base and Ribbit active at all times.

And yes, I have read the descriptions of both and I am still not sure if aimed shot is even better than noxious bolt when attacking a single enemy. There are way too many percentages and effects to consider.

I guess I'll have to level to 36 (or more like 41 at the time) and see for myself.
    Doing 3000 crits is over rated? O.o

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    Doing 3000 crits is over rated? O.o
    If you score this once a day, then yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Hello,

I need to perform an experiment: please tell how many shots it takes to kill some standard enemies, such as the barons, troll and Pahl in Daily Story, or perhaps elite Thunk if these are too easy.
    Shoot as fast as possible, no pet, and please post after you have gathered info from both Aimed and Nox, preferably if you have maxed both and don't change gear or level between tests.
    I am still a rogue noob but it seems to me that Nox is only slightly slower (like 9:10), in which case it would be vastly superior.
    If there is a thread on it already... point me in the direction.
    Both

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

If you score this once a day, then yes.
    I score this once every few shots, easily (Lv36, full mythics). DMG goes all the way up to 5k+ on lower lvl bosses (on mobs you can't see it because they die too fast).

But seriously, a rogue without AS is like a bird without wings. It's by FAR the highest single target DMG skill in game, for any class. You might not notice it on bosses that die in a couple of shots, but once you run elites it becomes a mandatory skill. AS is the sole reason bosses go down so fast when a rogue is there.

People tend to overlook the importance of armor reduction on bosses. AS reduces that armor and allows your entire party to deal more damage. And as far as I know, it can stack too.

It also increases your crit up to 30% (stacks 3 times 10% crit for 5sec, every 2sec). This allows ALL skills (except trap) and weapon DMG to crit and so deal way more damage.

Then of course there's the 250% damage on critical hit. Perfect in combo with that crit buff mentioned above.

And last but not least, each successful shot increases that already insane amount of DMG by 10%. And if that doesn't impress you, it seems to stack too.

On elite boss kills, you'd be firing AS non stop so all benefits mentioned above come in play. So basically, it's all the things mentioned above that make AS, by far, the single best skill in game to take down difficult bosses quick.

If you want to test it yourself, it's really simple. Go to any elite area and solo a boss. Do it once with AS alone, then with Nox alone. I guarantee you that the AS boss kill will be over way quicker as compared to your Nox kill.

As was mentioned earlier, I too would go for both AS and Nox, but if I really had to choose one it'd be AS, hands down.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

What's more, at endgame, with Architect Quills and their +50% Critical proc combined with Talon/Valkin/Ribbit and crit stacking via Aimed, you get to a point where for a few seconds EVERYTHING that you do crits. In the span of two seconds, you can dish out 6-8k DMG upon a single target easily!!! Aimed is the highest single target damage dealer in the game - nothing else even comes close. Check out the the testing that I did on Lightning vs. Aimied Shot here - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Shot-shoot-out

Nox is useful for it's AoE damage only - it isn't even the second hardest hitting skill that a Rogue has (Shadow Piercer deals out more damage). Nox is most useful when I'm soloing hard elite maps and employing the NoxBox strategy. The benefit of Nox isn't in its initial impact, but in the Damage Over Time. Keep in mind that Nox poison ignores armor and does the same amount of damage, whether it's against an Elite Shuyal Boss, or an ordinary mob in Forest. At cap, like Wvhills said, Nox poison does about 150-200 DMG per tick regardless of armor - so it becomes super useful when dealing with elite mobs in Shuyal as you can affect up to 6 targets. Once you have three Rogues, all using Nox, imagine doing 600 DMG to 6 mobs per second on top of your other skills.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    If you want to test it yourself, it's really simple. Go to any elite area and solo a boss. Do it once with AS alone, then with Nox alone. I guarantee you that the AS boss kill will be over way quicker as compared to your Nox kill.
    This is exactly what I asked for, because I am at lv24 right now.
    After Halloween I will be back to my sorcerer to earn some gold/gear in elites, so I thought in the meantime I'd figure out the best rogue build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

This is exactly what I asked for, because I am at lv24 right now.
    After Halloween I will be back to my sorcerer to earn some gold/gear in elites, so I thought in the meantime I'd figure out the best rogue build.
    If it's for PvE only, a popular skill build would be AS, Nox, Trap (or razor) and veil. Personally, I'm currently using AS, Nox, Trap, Razor.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I score this once every few shots, easily (Lv36, full mythics). DMG goes all the way up to 5k+ on lower lvl bosses (on mobs you can't see it because they die too fast).

But seriously, a rogue without AS is like a bird without wings. It's by FAR the highest single target DMG skill in game, for any class. You might not notice it on bosses that die in a couple of shots, but once you run elites it becomes a mandatory skill. AS is the sole reason bosses go down so fast when a rogue is there.

People tend to overlook the importance of armor reduction on bosses. AS reduces that armor and allows your entire party to deal more damage. And as far as I know, it can stack too.

It also increases your crit up to 30% (stacks 3 times 10% crit for 5sec, every 2sec). This allows ALL skills (except trap) and weapon DMG to crit and so deal way more damage.

Then of course there's the 250% damage on critical hit. Perfect in combo with that crit buff mentioned above.

And last but not least, each successful shot increases that already insane amount of DMG by 10%. And if that doesn't impress you, it seems to stack too.

On elite boss kills, you'd be firing AS non stop so all benefits mentioned above come in play. So basically, it's all the things mentioned above that make AS, by far, the single best skill in game to take down difficult bosses quick.

As was mentioned earlier, I too would go for both AS and Nox, but if I really had to choose one it'd be AS, hands down.
    My vote is on Aim shot too (hands down!)..In elite bosses a 5k+ crit (Not using Mythics) is an everyday brakfast.

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

I dont know why, but when I read your post I got this urge to try. So I tried it on Ice Tempered Goblin, solo and no pets. I'm at level 35 with full nox 5/5 and aimshot 5/5 all pink gears.
    The result: 68 shots of Noxious Bolt is what I need to take down th Goblin ( no normal attacks just Nox)
    The next goblin I encountered with same things (solo, no pets, the pink gears unchanged, same level and same enthusiasm)
    the result: 36 Aim shots killed the beast. Again no normal attacks. (there are around 8 to 12 times I think that the aimshot gave me a 5.7k crit and lots of 3k crits)

I'm using bow by the way.

There, I hope this helps (^_^)/

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Aim shot
    Crit