Thread: PvE Warrior

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bhutkeyur View Post
    zzzzz Do u have even idea about how new player lvl up? Juggernut is useless in lvling. Yeah new player dont have even clue what is called tank? Dont take dex while lvling - put points in INT - it will save ur lots of mana pots so you can have enough gold to buy gear and lepre at max lvl.

Dont get taunt until lvl 20-25 if you are not comfortable with taunting. HoR taunts enemy even without taunt upgrade. At low lvl warrior dmg is way higher than other classes so you really dont need taunt - you just hold agrro with your dmg.

Your suggested spec might helpful in elite but in lvling just NOOO.
    Did you read the part where I said don't worry about jugg until level 30? Or, that I suggested a five skill spec.

I'm assuming you also missed the part where the starter of the thread asked for tips on tanking not purely leveling.

The askers obviously knows the basics of the game so they should be fine taunting as long as they don't do higher level maps. AL doesn't do a good job of explaining map levels. When it says "suggested level35" it means level 35 in mostly legendaries level35. If this player started at level 16 they shouldn't venture into the dead city (the next map in the campaign) untill level 20-21 and well geared.

Why I suggest taunt at low levels: when I first started AL I noticed manyplayershad a nasty habit o never using potion unless in boss fights. Being a tank you should be able to hold off the small hordes at low level maps. If you hold most of the aggro the other players (hopefully mages) will finish off the mobs with their much higher damage.

Again, max heal.

---

You said heal taunts without the upgrade, false. All skills in AL pull aggro if they are the first to hit a mob. To physically taunt is to steal aggro from another player. Other ways to taunt in AL is to deal high damage. This is why rogues easily pull the aggro of bosses whom they are dealing high single target damage to.

You said warrior damage is higher than other classes at low levels, false. Warriors are always the lowest damage dealers. The only time they become power houses is if a level 5 uses the +50str buff which adds 20+ DPS to below 20 base DPS character. The author is level 16, I was around during season 1 and confirm that warriors were still twig swingers. Mages were the DPS kings at level 16 actually (damage didn't become a stat until season 2 when passive was added).
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 01-05-2014 at 09:43 PM.