Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mythics being upgraded VS New mythics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    So when u say your fully geared your saying u have A lvl 36 myth/arcane weapon samael/whims, upgraded myth armor and helm, blood ruby and fang of fenrir all full grand gems? And u didn't spend any real money to attain them? Thats 70-100m in game wow if thats true and you attained those without any real money at all i salute you and u are one of the 2% i was talking about
    More, a lot peeps got it from scamming to
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Guys, I doubt any more items of any type will ever be able to be upgraded to a higher level. They did it this one single time with the mythic helm and armor, and it was a bad idea to do as it made the current expansion more boring and made the legendary items worth very little.

In the Nordr expansion, most of the top players (myself included) first worked towards a good Noble legendary set, and then later on saved up for and purchased mythics. I can remember paying 1.5m for my Noble armor during the first week of the Nordr expansion. Even a month later it was still going for around 500k+. But in the Shuyal expansion, none of us ever needed an architect set, so the price of those items never went very high. Within a month the best architect armors and helms were going for less than 100k, and this ruined farming as there were not very many good items to farm anymore.

I think STS recognizes the mistake they made, and I doubt they will ever do this again. Each new expansion means new items will be released. Old items will become old. That is the way an MMO works. If you don't think it's worth paying a lot of gold for a mythic item that is only good for one expansion, then don't. However, unlike the first year of this game when they did expansions every 2-3 months, the expansions are now going to last a bit longer, probably around 5-6 months each. So you will get good use out of your items even if they are not upgradable.
    I do agree that this games economy revolves around the items that come from farming and i also understand everything u are saying here. It makes good sense

However there is a few issues that come 2 mind with coming out with better armor and helm than the mythics.....first off these are currently untradable
    My best guess as to why they become untradeable when upgraded is for simply 2 reasons (all speculation but my best guesses nonetheless)
    #1 so that u cannot get the hero of legend ap on multiple characters with the same equipment
    #2 the market was flooded with mythic armors and helms and they needed to get the majority of them off the market which persuades everyone who did not already have them to start opening locked crates again.

Now the fact that they are untradeable means that when any gear begins to surpass the current myths stat wise. No one can even sell the current ones
    to try and offset the cost of the new legendarys or mythics or whatever it may be that surpasses them.
    In turn this would upset many people who played for many months to afford them only to be stuck with obsolete items taking up space in the inventory.
    Also because they have aps attached to them they can never be discontinued from crates or egp's unless the aps was abolished and quite frankly i do not see that happening

With that said i have read in a seperate post on here somewhere that it would appear that this game had been planned to reach a lvl 36 cap only
    also i have read that a dev made a comment stating that they will continue to support al but made no promises or inclination towards a new expansion

Sts has always been good at keeping us guessing and speculating only to throw a curveball in at the last second totally unannounced
    I will be very curious to see what sts will do in the future regarding Arcane Legends.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Desperoto View Post
    More, a lot peeps got it from scamming to
    Sad but true
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Well it has been said Mythic items will be top for the season of their release and one after. Saying that, a lvl 36Mythic armor set should be top next season as well (slightly over lvl 41 elite pinks). Nothing should be "upgradable" anymore. As for the ring/ammi, I think they will simply place new lvl 40/41 ones in crates/Elite Golden whatever chests. P.S. give me that flat black tropical jungle commando vanity.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

A nice alternative would be if they allowed the level 36 upgraded mythic helm and armor to be converted to vanity, and then those vanities can be tradable. Mythics are a nice looking set, and so a vanity set made from them would be desirable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

A nice alternative would be if they allowed the level 36 upgraded mythic helm and armor to be converted to vanity, and then those vanities can be tradable. Mythics are a nice looking set, and so a vanity set made from them would be desirable.
    6m for a vanity? Cause that's how much I would charge for it, both pieces. I dunno about you, but I wouldn't rush to buy them.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

It is quite conceivable that new mythic armors will be created in which new players can attain the Hero of Legend AP, making the current lvl 36 Mythic Gear tradable (no longer offering AP to go with it). this probably wont happen till lvl 46 (if ever).

I just bought my Mythic armor and helm during the Winter event, and i'll be perfectly content knowing it could possibly be *Just a bit* better than any new lvl 41 Legendary Gear. I'll also be very happy playing the game no matter what gear i use for any of my toons.

I wish people would stop asking for things to be upgradable only cuz they spent millions of gold on it and dont want to 'lose' on their investment. You've used the gear and played the game and probably made good monies farming with them. Like others have said, the game would be too boring if you already owned the best gear available.

Stop complaining and asking for things that dont make any sense to the players or the company.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I think (or should rather) sooner or later they will be tradable.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

No, no, & no.

The best helm is a helm that has been considered the best helm since the L26 cap. In what world does that make sense?!

I've made tons of PvP kills, killed lots of bosses, looted lots of good stuff. To me, that was worth what I bought the helm and armor for (10-11m) at the time. They've lasted me two campaigns and honestly, it's time to bring of the new gears!

The only thing I had to work for this cap that I truly needed was my mythic daggers.

At the very least, if STG is going to upgrade the main helm and armor set again - please don't upgrade the amulets or blood rubies. At least this way, you appease both sections of players.

The people who want something to work towards will have the following to work towards: a new ring, amulet, and weapon.

To those who don't want to work towards their mythics can enjoy the upgraded helm/armor.

Although I personally am bittersweet about the solution I mentioned, at least it is a solution to cover both audiences.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-10-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

It is quite conceivable that new mythic armors will be created in which new players can attain the Hero of Legend AP, making the current lvl 36 Mythic Gear tradable (no longer offering AP to go with it). this probably wont happen till lvl 46 (if ever).
    The above was taken from hectorius post

I am totally a ok with new myth armor and helm if it played out like this with 1 exception current myths should be made tradeable BEFORE they are made obsolete
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

i think better there new mytic items ( without upgradedable, or upgrade only on statu for 1 time.. not lvl upgrade )

i am not sure where i did read it but i remember i read samething like that when i start game and taked a look rules + tips for begining " mytics can be upgradedable 2 season " when i read it comed to me sound like they cant tradedable or upgrade new season they will become old + remembrance... also i did asked sameone when i start game and i get reply this " if you want enjoy pvp and wanna most powerfull gears for enjoy game with more fun , buy mytics but they cant trade or sell when new cap come " thats the why i didnt buy mytics

about the become rich / get best gears topic i can tell you cant get everything in game with farm only.. before to i said AL isnt a farmable game. i mean cant get same statu as plat players... maybe any players can be if they started when AL a new game ( new games for easy to get money on farm ). but right now imposible...

* sameone saying avarage locked with lepre hour for 10-15 << this person sure blessed by stg but if you not blessed by stg you cant *

i am enjoying game how i can, doing elites with my legendarys ( ofcourse mytics arcane with i can do most better job ) but on point i am still ok with my legendarys, can survive ( hard but game is this )..

problem is i am geting bored almost 50 pet collected this is only thing i am doing right now collect pets.. i would like to see new lvls maps events ( samething really worth to farm ) and guild war system priced weekly duels...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

A new lever cap with new OR upgradeable mythic would be dumb in the first place imo. Rogues will dodge 50-60% if the time? Warriors will be near immortal with almost 8k health level 36 seems to me the limit without having super ridiculous stats(I didn't mention mages cause crowd control can't really can't get better than what it is now)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I just played this game since the end of season 4, and I'm not a plat user.
    It tooks me forever to farm for my Myth Set that I just got now, And I am aware it is not tradable.
    It would be a shame if something happens to it. - w -

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2
    Bael and Krunch II worst nightmare...