Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kershal needs nerf!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Kershal needs nerf!!

With kershal, mage is supposed to be overpowered class at lvl 36,but its not!!!
    At 26 cap rogues one hit every1 in pvp and at 31 cap warrior became Unbeatable with maul high damage+super cool proc+high hp, defence but lvl 36 mage with staff still struggles in pvp!!!

Kershal may be cool in in pve but it sucks in pvp!! Arcane weapon is supposed to be perfect!!

I was lucky to loot a staff and heres my opinion :-

1) long charging time and less damage than uncharged attack!! It takes like 5 secs to charge it.. This is slowest among all weapons i've used in game.

2) proc is good in pve but on pvp its not good at alll...

We needs stuns, armour buffs :/ we are so squishy
    Last edited by Nagin; 01-15-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

use mythic gun. problem solved

3. The Following User Says Thank You to utpal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The arcane staff is so powerful that an arcane mage can kill another mage even while cursed as the damage is still way higher than the amount of damage being reflected back, and an arcane mage has such high health just because of the base stats. It is really an overpowered weapon, and if I had one I'd be whooping all your butts! haha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Mage is the worst PvP class and no one weapon is going to fix this. STS isn't going to do anything about this because I posted about this a long time ago. This season is now over and the arcane staff will start to decline in power starting next season, in one month. I suggest you sell your staff now and go start a warrior or rogue character. If there is an arcane bow you'll probably have enough gold to buy one sometime next season. Then you can go around and one shot mages.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal:1427384
    use mythic gun. problem solved
    0.o mythic gun? Don't make to use that word lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

IMO mages are really weak but instead of a enhancement to your arcane weapons i reccomend you asking for overall enhancement on health and armor plus good adjustment on skills like sheild and heal.

Not everyone has a scepther dude.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Arcane hooks were nerfed, so why not arcane staff? I agree that am a new player so my skills are not the best... But still arcane staff needs a lil buff -_- how am i supposed to fight when i get instant killed just as my pink bubble blows? Even with full mythics, armour is only 1k -_-

And about that huge health pool, it goes down very fast energ when a arcane maul slams my butt..

The arcane items are supposed to be perfect -_-..

Ive tried some of the best builds, still i keep getting owned, not just me ive seen all mages ( kershal ones too) getting owned in pvp -_-...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nagin View Post
    Arcane hooks were nerfed, so why not arcane staff? I agree that am a new player so my skills are not the best... But still arcane staff needs a lil buff -_- how am i supposed to fight when i get instant killed just as my pink bubble blows? Even with full mythics, armour is only 1k -_-

And about that huge health pool, it goes down very fast energ when a arcane maul slams my butt..

The arcane items are supposed to be perfect -_-..

Ive tried some of the best builds, still i keep getting owned, not just me ive seen all mages ( kershal ones too) getting owned in pvp -_-...
    To nerf: Weaking a particular element of a game in under to balance the overall gameplay.

To buff: Enhancing a particular element of a game in order to give it a better performance than its earlier state

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Are u talking about buff the staff?

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Nagin, admittedly the staff is weaker than each arcane weapon was during its time - however, some mages are really the top of AL. For example, Creator or Hakoom with 600 damage. Gotta admit thats hard to beat.

So instead of a buff to the staff itself, we need one for the mage class in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Yeah mages suck@pvp and devs wont do anything about it till they try pvping with a mage, which they dont.

How do i know they dont? cause mages suck at pvp, lovely cycle.

The Kershal is very awesome in many ways but just a really good weapon isnt enough to make a lousy pvp char a dominant one.

In 5v5 each team needs a good mage but its really not that fun being support only, sometimes when i get snipped or sky smashed i want revenge but theres nothing i can do about it, yay -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Every kershal user says it sucks in pvp but you guys dont belive us. "game changer" o.O huh? yesterday we practiced a bit, me, tongashmash and another arcane mage got owned because our glaive warrior was unexperienced, wrong timing of horn, wrong pet. The another team got a maul warrior and 3 mage also but with legendary/mythic weapons. Most of the time i died during my staff proc.

I often got suggestions from others "depends on how to use it", im sorry but i think i play long enough to know what to do.
    Last edited by Haligali; 01-15-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I think mage damage overall is perfect in contrast to other classes. It is our survivability that is lacking. As many have stated before as soon as our shield is gone it's game over. A good example is in tdm..I wait to pop my shield until I am in range of enemy so that it's not down by the time I find them. More often than not I am blind sided by a rogue, who I can't see because of the camera angles, and I am 1 or 2 shotted.
    I've said this before, the key to fixing mages is our shield. Buffing our heal to 100% Hp regain would cause stacking issues..100% heal 100% mana fill and 100% Hp regain to PARTY is op imo. A fix would need to be personal to an individual mage. Simply reducing the cool down of our shield to 15 seconds(the time shield lasts if not popped by damage ) would give us the survivability needed to balance our class. This may need tweaked (perhaps a diminishing % of damage reduction over time). Please let me know what you think if you play a mage .
    Last edited by dantus; 01-15-2014 at 09:50 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Arcane hooks were buffed because they were level 26. Infact there DPS was so low that it was lower than the level 36 shuyal pinks, That's why the hooks got buffed, Also rogues were made to be the damage dealers Smurfs aren't made for 1v1 situations because there the squishiest class and get stepped on by warriors and rogues pretty much instantly. Smurfs can still get owned by any class even with the staff, Just cause they have a arcane doesn't mean they'll turn from squishy mode to unstoppable tank damage mode. In a 5v5 clash if one team has a smurf with the arcane staff and knows how to use it, there's a good chance the team with the arcane smurf will win. Your just going to have to work as a team more if you don't want to get stepped on.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The problem with mages in their current form is stuns..... In past seasons mages had one single advantage in PvP, and that was that we could stun the other classes. We are weaker, have the least health, and also have the least armor. But we could stun you, so that made the fight fair.

However, during this past season suddenly the other classes have just as good stuns as we do. Warriors with a glaive can stun me continuously. I have never played a warriors, but apparently they have some skill that can help them avoid stuns completely. So my fireball stun no longer works on a warrior. Rogues often dodge my fireball, so the stun from that only works some of the time against them.

Without an effective advantage in stunning, there is no way for a mage to win in PvP. That is what has changed. The Arcane Staff is not the issue. It is as powerful as it needs to be.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The problem with mages in their current form is stuns..... In past seasons mages had one single advantage in PvP, and that was that we could stun the other classes. We are weaker, have the least health, and also have the least armor. But we could stun you, so that made the fight fair.

However, during this past season suddenly the other classes have just as good stuns as we do. Warriors with a glaive can stun me continuously. I have never played a warriors, but apparently they have some skill that can help them avoid stuns completely. So my fireball stun no longer works on a warrior. Rogues often dodge my fireball, so the stun from that only works some of the time against them.

Without an effective advantage in stunning, there is no way for a mage to win in PvP. That is what has changed. The Arcane Staff is not the issue. It is as powerful as it needs to be.
    I agree the weapon has nothing to due with this. A mythic mage has 0 chance vs an equally skilled arcane mage.
    I disagree about stuns though. Every class has several forms of stuns. Your fireball doesn't stun rogues because after being STUNNED you are immune to stuns for I believe 7 seconds..so your second fireball will not stun. Panic and terrify however are still effective. Our defense need buffed imo. We should do less damage than a rogue but have more survivability than a rogue. Less survivability than a warrior but more damage. That is my opinion of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I realize there is a 7 second stun immunity. My first fireball many times does not stun rogues, and none of my fireballs ever stun mythic/arcane warriors. The only thing that seems to stun warriors is pets, and since sorcerers have the same pets as any other class, there is no advantage there. Problem is that without the stun advantage, we are inferior in PvP. Sorcerers have the least survivability of any of the 3 classes, it is not more than a rogue. We have much less armor than rogues do and about the same health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Nerf = Making an item weaker.
    Your complaining kershal is weak and u want to Nerf it? Or do u mean "buff" it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Rogues can't dodge fireball because skills can't be dodged. Trust me, I've boosted 100 dodge with razor shield and I still get hit. Right now, mages and rogues are pretty even in fights, but warriors are toughies for both. I think juggernaut or feeble needs a little debuff, mages need more armor, rogues need a little lower mana consumption on pierce(should be even with aimed and nox). Just my opinion

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I misunderstood your comment about fireballs Energizeric. In current situation the easiest fix I can see is reducing the cool down on shield. Vs a warrior maybe you would have a chance to survive between heal casts though it would be a very long fight. Probably wouldn't help vs a rogue because you would be dead or victorious in 1st 15 seconds anyhow. But it is my opinion we have a descent chance vs most rogues atm, using a 3 damage skill build. As for dagger rogues vs mythic staff rogues I attribute the unbalance to weapon itemization. I've never wielded Kershal but I have to imagine using the right build I could take any rogue.