Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Players using more than 4 skills - Developers Please Read! :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_is_epicgearz View Post
    lock swapping of skills when the player ISNT in the rest stance
    This is a fine idea.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Just lock the entire menu function while in combat (not in the rest stance) I suggested this on the previous page. This would also take care of the pet abuse. If you needed to swap a skill out for example to heal you must be out of combat to do so. The only "disadvantage" is you can't zone out mid combat to beef up your kdr..shouldn't do this anyway.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker:1436384
    I'm not sure though but if I can recall during the past 2 official tourneys, it was a rule that no one should be allowed to re summon a pet and switch skills during the actual battle. If it's true, then I believe it was implemented for a purpose. Again I might be wrong!
    It was only pet switching that was banned during tournaments I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantus View Post
    Just lock the entire menu function while in combat (not in the rest stance) I suggested this on the previous page. This would also take care of the pet abuse. If you needed to swap a skill out for example to heal you must be out of combat to do so. The only "disadvantage" is you can't zone out mid combat to beef up your kdr..shouldn't do this anyway.
    Well, given that you get a death if you leave during combat stance anyway theres not a big difference.

I could go for this idea as well, but i think it could still pose an issue when changing in-between battles.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 01-21-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Some people think that during a 5v5 it is cheating to revive and go back into battle. So they set the rules before they fight.

Some people are ok with the skill switching. Why attempt to take that away?

There are a few strategies that you can try as they switch. Summon valkin for a quick boost and mana regen then swap out? Its just an example. Toss a veil then switch as they switch.

Set the rules before the fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    It was only pet switching that was banned during tournaments I believe.
    STS most likely assumed you would not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

He said don't debate but thank if you agree and they still debated.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily View Post
    He said don't debate but thank if you agree and they still debated.
    That is the nature of the forums. So what does that imply ..agree or stfu?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm quite offended that you think all leaderboard players have to farm kills to be there. That is simply not the case at all. Not only have I never farmed, but anyone who knows me knows that I often encourage everyone in CTF to NOT allow free flags, and instead I have created a flagging build and I encourage the others to try to kill me when I have the flag. I am also always hearing from my guildmates that I should borrow money from them to get the 50m & 100m gold achievements, but I have refused to do so instead hoping to get those achievements over time by myself.

So don't accuse people of cheating just because many others do it. Some of us prefer to put in the time and get to the leaderboards legitimately. Yes, it takes a ton of playing hours per week to stay on the leaderboards, but I'm proud to have made the top 25 sorcerer list for 3 seasons in a row and hoping to once again be there for season 5.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantus View Post
    That is the nature of the forums. So what does that imply ..agree or stfu?
    :-P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1436598
    I'm quite offended that you think all leaderboard players have to farm kills to be there. That is simply not the case at all. Not only have I never farmed, but anyone who knows me knows that I often encourage everyone in CTF to NOT allow free flags, and instead I have created a flagging build and I encourage the others to try to kill me when I have the flag. I am also always hearing from my guildmates that I should borrow money from them to get the 50m & 100m gold achievements, but I have refused to do so instead hoping to get those achievements over time by myself.

So don't accuse people of cheating just because many others do it. Some of us prefer to put in the time and get to the leaderboards legitimately. Yes, it takes a ton of playing hours per week to stay on the leaderboards, but I'm proud to have made the top 25 sorcerer list for 3 seasons in a row and hoping to once again be there for season 5.
    Some people like free flagging. Some people dont. (I dont)
    Some people like skill switching. Some people dont.

Regardless, you are a honorable player and I always enjoy your informative posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

My outlook on it is this: summon/dismiss to avoid skill cool down is being patched, right?

Well, this is the same exact concept, only you are switching the skill for another skill because one skill is one cooldown. You're still avoiding a cooldown, which entirely defeats the purpose.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus:1436744
    My outlook on it is this: summon/dismiss to avoid skill cool down is being patched, right?

Well, this is the same exact concept, only you are switching the skill for another skill because one skill is one cooldown. You're still avoiding a cooldown, which entirely defeats the purpose.
    I think it depends. Perhaps the developers havent thought of a way to incorporate a 5th skill button in the current UI that is clean and usable. If they dont want us to, lm sure they can easily lock us out of skill mapping, pets, loadouts, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

I think Energi idea is good with the cooldown it will solve the matter. just increase the cooldown from 5 to 10 c:
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-21-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

First i dont pvp. But the suggested solution will affect pve also am i right? Why should the pve aspect of the game suffer bc of pvp?

I can do with my skill points what i want. And as lvl cap rises ppl allocate them to more skills and ofc they want to use them. If this wasnt meant like that the lvl cap would stop loong ago, or we wouldnt get skill points at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Using hotkeys/keystroke routines is, in fact, unfair for everyone.

But using 5 or 6 skills without automated means is a whole different thing. With the human reaction times and error possibility factors, I'd say it's a fair bet to use or not to use. This is the sole reason I consider it a skill.

I'm not opposing this idea, yet I believe it would block a path used by a portion of capable sorcs to balance their currently disadvantaged position in the class triangle. I also recognize how this workaround is harder to achieve for the phone users that play the same class, but I don't believe the suggested fix to be a long-term satisfying solution.
    This explains its all. Its up to player how fast he can change the skills and part of the strategy i would say, its double edged sword.
    Hotkey users will be in advantage even when only 4 skills where allowed so...

And why r there only 4 skill slots, bc really, u know, not everyone play on pc or tablet, there r small phones out there that have such small screen that i often find myself clicking different skill next to the skill i wanted to click.

And abt SL if u played it u would know that on the screen u see only 4 and u swap between 2 skill mapings (in AL on the place of the swap button is pet feeding button, but Madnex already said it too)
    And u dont get to use all 8 skills at once, as u lvl up u unlock the skills at certain lvl (dont remember excatly which lvls r that, was loong ago since i lvled up in SL).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I keep saying this, but I'll say it again..... the purpose of only allowing 4 skills was to create variety in builds. Otherwise everyone ends up with the same exact build and the game gets super boring like it did in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I keep saying this, but I'll say it again..... the purpose of only allowing 4 skills was to create variety in builds. Otherwise everyone ends up with the same exact build and the game gets super boring like it did in PL.
    IMO, most warriors and rogues already have the same builds..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1437297
    Until its quoted by a dev, its an opinion and not a fact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    IMO, most warriors and rogues already have the same builds..
    Then they need to make adjustments to the other 4 skills to make them more desirable.

But I was very much under the impression that there is a full variety of builds for different purposes. For PvE, a certain set of 4 skills would be best, while for PvP a certain set of skills would be best, same for timed runs, or for elites. Depending on your focus, a different set of 4 skills is best. At least that is how it works for sorcerers. If all rogues and warriors use the same 4 skills, then it would seem that the other 4 skills need to be improved or made to be more useful. For sorcerers there is not one single skill that has no purpose, and there is much debate over which build is best for different purposes. There are at least 3 good PvP builds I know of, and many more good PvE builds that I know of. Every sorcerer you find uses something different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Until its quoted by a dev, its an opinion and not a fact.
    It was stated by developers way back when the game was first released. Most of the original players were former PL players, and we all found it very strange that there were only 4 skills.