Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TIME SHIFT or frost bolt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default TIME SHIFT or frost bolt?

Im just wondering which one is better? In pvp? In pve? Both?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ice is nice for PVE and PVP, Time is just for PVE.
    If you are focussed for pvp then go for ice, if you are focused on pve then go for both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I like frost for both
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zliffer View Post
    Ice is nice for PVE and PVP, Time is just for PVE.
    If you are focussed for pvp then go for ice, if you are focused on pve then go for both.
    time shift does massive damage if you can charge them, the dot is like fireball but happens like 5 times more, and the initial damage is highest of any sorc's skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsdafda View Post
    time shift does massive damage if you can charge them, the dot is like fireball but happens like 5 times more, and the initial damage is highest of any sorc's skills.
    Lightning is the highest initial damage Mage attack. Time and ice are equal in initial damage. Time just has a ridiculous amount of dot after.

For pvp ice and pve time. Dropping that clock on a mob is one of the most amazing skills to watch in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I run a fire, ice, light build.

Mostly because I charge all my skills and this build allows for a seamless stream of charged attacks due to the fast cooldowns of ice and light. I pump out insane amounts of damage quickly, but I don't have the benefit of being able to run away like i did back when i had clock. The major drawback to clock is the cooldown, sometimes it can mean life or death waiting for that skill to charge - but i wont deny how powerful it is. I just prefer to keep the enemies on complete lock down and be on the offensive, they can't kill me if they're dead, lol.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
    I run a fire, ice, light build.

Mostly because I charge all my skills and this build allows for a seamless stream of charged attacks due to the fast cooldowns of ice and light. I pump out insane amounts of damage quickly, but I don't have the benefit of being able to run away like i did back when i had clock. The major drawback to clock is the cooldown, sometimes it can mean life or death waiting for that skill to charge - but i wont deny how powerful it is. I just prefer to keep the enemies on complete lock down and be on the offensive, they can't kill me if they're dead, lol.
    Lool so my build is fire,frost,shield,heal and time... Is this good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Firebluezeu$ View Post
    Lool so my build is fire,frost,shield,heal and time... Is this good
    I would lose heal all together, it's the most useless skill as mana potions are cheap and there is no cooldown to use them. But other than that your build should work more or less - on the next respec though, play around and see what really works for you.

That's how i found my build and i wouldn't trade it for the world, unless sts gets around to fixing the problems with heal. In which case i'd consider it depending on what they did to improve it.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirulian View Post
    I would lose heal all together, it's the most useless skill as mana potions are cheap and there is no cooldown to use them. But other than that your build should work more or less - on the next respec though, play around and see what really works for you.

That's how i found my build and i wouldn't trade it for the world, unless sts gets around to fixing the problems with heal. In which case i'd consider it depending on what they did to improve it.
    IMO.. If in a party, Sorc heal is needed so warr can concentrate on maintaining other party life, and others can concentrate on killing the enemy, not bothered all the time by pressing mana or health pot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    IMO.. If in a party, Sorc heal is needed so warr can concentrate on maintaining other party life, and others can concentrate on killing the enemy, not bothered all the time by pressing mana or health pot.
    Honestly for pve if a Mage or rogue carries heal it's making the team less effective. They would be better off with any other skill. Mages could have an extra attack or shield and the whole team would benefit more from it then heal. Same goes for rogues except that they have smoke, etc instead of shield.

Potions are instant and cheap. The only reason a warriors heal is good is because it taunts and gives the whole team an invincibility shield. Plus warriors require the least amount of concentration and do the least amount of damage so occasionally hitting the potion button won't effect the party at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Honestly for pve if a Mage or rogue carries heal it's making the team less effective. They would be better off with any other skill. Mages could have an extra attack or shield and the whole team would benefit more from it then heal. Same goes for rogues except that they have smoke, etc instead of shield.

Potions are instant and cheap. The only reason a warriors heal is good is because it taunts and gives the whole team an invincibility shield. Plus warriors require the least amount of concentration and do the least amount of damage so occasionally hitting the potion button won't effect the party at all.
    This is why i keep Heal, i want a team work, as I use warr too. If in a team, i want the warrior only concentrate on taunt and keep everybody alive, so I always want warrior to pay attention to other health not their mana, and sorc part to pay attention to other mana + mana over time especially warr, because Warr don't have mana alot. So, if there is no sorc to fulfill their mana, warr will press mana pot too often, sometimes between casting skill. But mana still needed if Sorc heal not ready to cast again.

Of course if warr only pay attention to his health, then only take the least amount of concentration.

Heal not needed if a team don't use tank IMO..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

war doesn't need mana from sorc. any war can gain mana by jst using this combo vb +HoR. or VB+Jugg or VB+Wm. I hate healer sorc as they pulls aggro and dies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I use all 3 classes but when I'm a warrior and I see a Mage use heal I just think how much better they would be with another attack.

My Mage runs 4 attack skills (fire, ice, clock and lightning) and the damage I put out firing all 4 spells one after another is amazing. I just had to learn to dodge and stay away from red zones so I don't get Ohko.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    war doesn't need mana from sorc. any war can gain mana by jst using this combo vb +HoR. or VB+Jugg or VB+Wm. I hate healer sorc as they pulls aggro and dies.
    Sorc does not have aggro. So if war does not use aggro then they cant blame a sorc. that heal causes aggros lol. VB depends on how powerful its enemy is so for boss maybe useful but normal and elite mobs useless. Most cases War will run out of mana unless they have a mana regen pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i like frost it holds the mobs in place without needing the charging, time shift is good for AOE.... but lower damage and charging skills is needed for DOT.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striderevil View Post
    Sorc does not have aggro. So if war does not use aggro then they cant blame a sorc. that heal causes aggros lol. VB depends on how powerful its enemy is so for boss maybe useful but normal and elite mobs useless. Most cases War will run out of mana unless they have a mana regen pet.
    Yes... where's this idea come from, Sorc pull aggro because they attack it, not by because of the skill, that why warr use taunt...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    VB gain mana + health is a chance, not all the time... and not too many

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newcomx View Post
    Yes... where's this idea come from, Sorc pull aggro because they attack it, not by because of the skill, that why warr use taunt...
    Again why will they attack the skill of a mage who heals party unless the skill has taunt? The only reason a mage is attacked is if he rushes a mob first before a war.. Skill heal means nothing. If a mage uses pet skill especially Abbadons arcane then he will get attacked like taunt from the entire mob. Otherwise wars have 2-3 skills with taunt because they are tanks and are supposed to taunt and heal while mage does mob clearanse

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Striderevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striderevil View Post
    Again why will they attack the skill of a mage who heals party unless the skill has taunt? The only reason a mage is attacked is if he rushes a mob first before a war.. Skill heal means nothing.
    Mage skill also has a heal over time component that WILL pull aggro unless STS has patched it recently.
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    Mage skill also has a heal over time component that WILL pull aggro unless STS has patched it recently.
    No one uses it as it says +10 for 10 seconds which means 100 hp extra. Even pets heal at a better regen rate lol.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk