Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Changes to Mages!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    There's a stun immunity in place to prevent stun locks. A sorcerer cannot stun again with his skills for a period of 7 seconds once he has stunned once.
    I think he can stun, he just can't stun the same person again for 7 seconds.

However, panic does not follow stun immunity, correct? Skill stun + Pet panic used with proper timing can lock an opponent down for most of those 7 seconds. Just an addition to that comment - food for thought.

For clarification AND correction on a couple of things, here's some fun facts.

As per the AL glossary of terms and acronyms, here are the definitions as used in this game. As you can see, Snare is NOT a stun.

Root - Rooting a Mob holds it in place - it cannot move if it's been rooted. Handy for solo kiting mages and crowd control.

Snare - Snaring a Mob makes it slower - slightly less effective than root, however still an effective means of kiting and crowd control.

Stun - A Stunned Mob does not move, nor can they attack or cast spells - a highly effective method of crowd control, although typically effects don't last as long as Root or Snare.

Samhayne announced when PVP was about to be launched, these work a bit different in pvp than the skill descriptions imply. Root was never taken out, it was never included in PVP in the first place.:

Quote Originally Posted by SAMHAYNE
    ....Skills won't function the same as they do in a PvE map.

For example, all roots become snares. Stuns, knockdowns, etc. have lesser duration so they are not overpowered. Damage and heal values are also tweaked for balance....

Back to the point, mage squishiness is a global issue, not just a pvp one..

I have a 36 mage (legendary), and to get over 1K armor while retaining decent hp and damage, takes pretty serious creativity and much time spent scouring the CS. I have always loved the bonus/penalty setup STS has for gear, where if you want one stat boosted, it's going to cost you somewhere else. It's all about balance - for other classes. For mages now it's a constant struggle.

Even with an open mind and creative shopping / gemming, it boils down to the fact that there's just not enough substance to mage armor to allow non-maxed mages much in the way of independence. Unless something changes, this will eventually lead to mages getting invited to less and less runs, 'cause who wants to run with a dead guy?
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

1. Allow ice to root in PvP.
    2. Permafreeze noobs with third upgrade.
    3. Win.

On a more serious note, agreed on everything above except sorc squishiness is a global issue. It's not.

Even on the hardest PvE elite maps, the ability to effectively keep the enemy rooted and stunned practically all the time in distance is what explains the low armor/HP.

The thing is that no mob has any skills that will allow it to break out of a stun or root. Some have stun immunity to skills but that's as far as it goes. PvP enemies not only have the intelligence to walk out/avoid things like time shift, they are equipped with skills that allow them to jump/dash away in seconds.

Sorc armor/HP is fine for PvE but not for PvP.
    Last edited by Madnex; 01-30-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Striderevil View Post
    Nothing in war or rogues needs to be nerfed. All thats needed is skill like root and freeze to work so that DoT damage of mage has chance to work. Also increase DoT damage of mage so that if war puts horn of renew then mages with 2 -3 attack skills time shift, ice and or fb should be able to counter heal rate. Then everything will be balanced. Right now mage DoT is useless. So mage is a rogue with no dodge, nerfed armor, no crit. and no skill for single shot damage. Mages excel in pve because of Dot damage and yet we are not allowed to use these effects in pvp.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk
    Its true. Mages DoT is weak. I belive rogues DoT with nox bolt is far more powerful than fire or ice. 0.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I just tried PvP again, and man I can seriously not kill a thing! I just blew 20 plat for respects, I seriously cant just keep respecting trying to figure out crap, even though mages are weak I shouldn't even bother. Sts really don't like mages do they, they made mages utterly crap in Pocket Legends, and now they make them crap here. Better be better at 41 other whys I'm thinking of quitting the darn game, won't waste my time with un-balanced PvP.

Or, be an absolute million air and buy the best items for Mages, now it's probably not as unfair :/ if its going to be like that..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I started playing PvP because PvE was dull. Now since crafting was introduced I don't even bother to PvP anymore as. I used to play for hours a day and now I haven't even turned it on in over a week.

While the details of what needs to be buffed/nerfed can be debated to no end the devs are still overlooking the obvious. In order for the mage>rogue>warrior>mage argument to be valid the kd ratios of each matchup must be equal. Since a fully geared mage still has 0.01% against a warrior, mages should dominate rogues by the same amount, and so on. This is not even close to the case. Mages should not need to be full mythic or sport 5 skills just to have a chance to be competitive.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post: