Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Let's Talk About the Brothers Whim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I had the complete opposite reaction when I saw the video. I knew based on the video that the pull was bad from the get go and so far seems to have gotten worse because of the range issue. And this is why I waited a while and paid less then half what you did. The only reason why I bought it was for its base stats. I wanted this pet for certain maps and also because at this time its a limited availability pet it will be hard to break some recs if you don't have whim. This is not to say they shouldn't fix whim but even if they were to give the option to convert back to an egg I wouldn't take it. Because I'd never use whim in PvP and for me its only has some limited usefulness in PvE. Whim's arcane is only good so long as you can combo it with something else. And if the arcane doesn't work on your targets then its basically useless. Also now that they released the next arcane pet, I will probably feel like a moron if the base stats of the next mythic pet is as good or better then Whim's and it has speed.
    To be honest, Abaddon's stats come close to a whim. So, there really isn't much difference between the two if we are judging based on happiness bonus.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, "Arcane" pets and items are supposed to give you an advantage, and infact are not VANITIES.

You say that whim would give an unfair advantage , samael banishes 1/10 mobs. In elites that is A LOT of damage, i think a 14mm pull would compensate for that lack of dmg.

Also, in a 1v1, in the whim's first state which was 14mm? Samael would overpower whim, the pull doesn't compare when within Samael's terrify period (1-2) seconds, you could wreak havoc upon your enemy.

I think Whim should have a 14mm range BUT be able to be dodgeable, at least in PvP. When would the short pull be even valuable in PvP? In clashes? If your pull rate is 100% you won't be able to scatter or seperate your enemy... You are just getting them closer to you, the only pro that would come out of this is getting your enemy away from packs, nothing more.
    I can beat top rogues 10-0 while they use whim in 1v1 but tie in 1v1 with samael.

So, what is Whim good for?
    Can you explain clearly

Samael's banishment is an AOE or a single target attack?

Can you banish two at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    Can you explain clearly

Samael's banishment is an AOE or a single target attack?

Can you banish two at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have banished 6 at once before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

I had the complete opposite reaction when I saw the video. I knew based on the video that the pull was bad from the get go and so far seems to have gotten worse because of the range issue. And this is why I waited a while and paid less then half what you did. The only reason why I bought it was for its base stats. I wanted this pet for certain maps and also because at this time its a limited availability pet it will be hard to break some recs if you don't have whim. This is not to say they shouldn't fix whim but even if they were to give the option to convert back to an egg I wouldn't take it. Because I'd never use whim in PvP and for me its only has some limited usefulness in PvE. Whim's arcane is only good so long as you can combo it with something else. And if the arcane doesn't work on your targets then its basically useless. Also now that they released the next arcane pet, I will probably feel like a moron if the base stats of the next mythic pet is as good or better then Whim's and it has speed.
    You could have just bought kettle for 95k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Postulate1 View Post
    You could have just bought kettle for 95k.
    Kettle gives me +15 INT +15 Dex +10% Damage. Its arcane is 12% speed movement. I believe lasts about 7 or 8 seconds with a 15 second cool down.

Whim gives me +35 INT +15 Damage and +15% speed.

So with Kettle you are only going at like 6% speed boost because half the time you are going at normal speed. And the damage is lower on Kettle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    To be honest, Abaddon's stats come close to a whim. So, there really isn't much difference between the two if we are judging based on happiness bonus.
    For me Abaddon only has +10 INT & +12% speed vs whim with +35 INT & +15% speed. So Whim gives me +25 INT and +3% over Abaddon. Is it worth it to pay what I did? Maybe not but on the maps I want to run it on seconds count. Everything else being equal, more damage and faster speed will make the difference. Lets say they do another timed run competition, what do you want Abaddon or Whim?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

For me Abaddon only has +10 INT & +12% speed vs whim with +35 INT & +15% speed. So Whim gives me +25 INT and +3% over Abaddon. Is it worth it to pay what I did? Maybe not but on the maps I want to run it on seconds count. Everything else being equal, more damage and faster speed will make the difference. Lets say they do another timed run competition, what do you want Abaddon or Whim?
    You definitely have a valid point, sir. I can't argue with that except for the fact that Abaddon reduces hit chance which means lesser percent chance to land stuns, purple goo, etc etc.

Something to mull over.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

You definitely have a valid point, sir. I can't argue with that except for the fact that Abaddon reduces hit chance which means lesser percent chance to land stuns, purple goo, etc etc.

Something to mull over.
    In the maps I would use it in, hit chance and the rest of the passive & arcane abilities of Abaddon won't matter to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Smile

I'll see how it is once the actual patch hits. However, if it is not then I would appreciate if STG could refund whim owners on their pet.

I purchased a whim according to the videos and advertisements through in game moderator Delphina. What we have now is a product that is not what we originally purchased. I do realize the developers are trying but what you are doing is completely unfair to your customers. To be honest (& you can check my platinum purchase history on this), I have not spent platinum since the day developers have changed whims from original intention.

Perhaps, before releasing a product to customers, I would suggest that you fix the pets to your liking from ground up. If STG has just now realized that the pull also pulled mobs that were not aggro'd, that is not the customer's fault. Yet, it seems that we are the only ones paying for this.

Surely, there is something that you, as a professional developer team, can do to make this right.

P.S: Rogue arrows, Warrior Axe Pull and a few other spells are all 14mm, which is the range of the whim. So, if your logic is that 14mm changed the inner workings of the game, then by definition - the rogue class itself and its skills change the inner workings of the game as well. Why? Well, since there are 14 & 16mm skills in the rogue's arsenal, we can also aggro classes that are "out of aggro range".

I don't mean to sound like a jerk or aggressive, but you are giving very blanket reasons as to why you are not giving your customers what they already had versus fixing the issue the whims had and being done with it.
    i agree with zeus that STG should give us the option whether we will still want the whim. Remember, STG decided to degrade thew whim and not us. We bought the whim because of its original skills during its release. STG owes us not an explanation but an option on what we want. Please consider what cost us getting the whim. 20m + gold does not just fall in the sky. Hell, since STG is already firm with the range, then I would like to request to be given an option. Thanks and good day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    In tdm I've wiped out entire teams by pulling the enemy into the trulle red cone area.
    What kind of entire team was it. A right timed warrior heal - since whim does not stun, its possible - and trulle do 0 damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Thanks for the consideration. Unfortunately going into full detail about the changes that will be made would involve revealing information about the inner workings of the game, but the gist of it is that we will be increasing the effectiveness of Whim's "pull" in PvE and shortening the duration of the Devastate portion of the ability so that mobs are less likely to slip out of range before the ability hits.

I know that the question that will be on most people's tongues is "Did you increase the range?" As much as we would love to be able to give everyone what they want, the answer to this is no and here's why. One of the original problems that arose with Whim was that not only was the very large pull range unfair in PvP, but in PvE it allowed players to take advantage of an exploit where Whim was able to pull mobs that were not aggroed to them. This is a problem in the fact that it starts to interfere with the integrity of the core game mechanics that would give Whim users an unfair advantage over other players in timed runs, for example.

So, with the higher effectiveness that we are adding and the decreased devastate time we believe that you will experience the power that you expect and we intended from Whim as an Arcane Pet even without the extremely large pull that it was originally equipped with.

I hope you all will understand when I tell you that this will be the final round of changes to The Brothers Whim and when this update arrives there will be no further changes, barring any obvious and game-breaking bugs. It's not usually the norm to alter an Arcane Pet after its release, but with The Brothers Whim and Singe, we really wanted to do what we could to represent your voice in the way the game works. We have considered all of the suggestions and feedback given and incorporated it as best we could with how we originally designed and intended Whim to be used.

Not only do we feel that this upcoming and final revision to the pet will address your concerns, we are also confident in it as the game's developers that it meshes better with the way the game works and is balanced for use in both PvE and PvP.

Thank you all again for being a part of this discussion. We love our community for being able to vocalize what it wants and help us make the game better for you every day.
    So no change in range of pull huh? And i bought the whim because of it. I could care less about PVP. Why do I feel like i got scammed big time by STG for 26m? Just saying what I feel. Thank you gentlemen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You know why they can do this to the whim? Because there are only a handful of whim users. We are the minority. If this happened to Samael, believe me hell will break loose!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

They could do it like pull plus buff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Still love my whim pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Thanks for the consideration. Unfortunately going into full detail about the changes that will be made would involve revealing information about the inner workings of the game, but the gist of it is that we will be increasing the effectiveness of Whim's "pull" in PvE and shortening the duration of the Devastate portion of the ability so that mobs are less likely to slip out of range before the ability hits.

I know that the question that will be on most people's tongues is "Did you increase the range?" As much as we would love to be able to give everyone what they want, the answer to this is no and here's why. One of the original problems that arose with Whim was that not only was the very large pull range unfair in PvP, but in PvE it allowed players to take advantage of an exploit where Whim was able to pull mobs that were not aggroed to them. This is a problem in the fact that it starts to interfere with the integrity of the core game mechanics that would give Whim users an unfair advantage over other players in timed runs, for example.

So, with the higher effectiveness that we are adding and the decreased devastate time we believe that you will experience the power that you expect and we intended from Whim as an Arcane Pet even without the extremely large pull that it was originally equipped with.

I hope you all will understand when I tell you that this will be the final round of changes to The Brothers Whim and when this update arrives there will be no further changes, barring any obvious and game-breaking bugs. It's not usually the norm to alter an Arcane Pet after its release, but with The Brothers Whim and Singe, we really wanted to do what we could to represent your voice in the way the game works. We have considered all of the suggestions and feedback given and incorporated it as best we could with how we originally designed and intended Whim to be used.

Not only do we feel that this upcoming and final revision to the pet will address your concerns, we are also confident in it as the game's developers that it meshes better with the way the game works and is balanced for use in both PvE and PvP.

Thank you all again for being a part of this discussion. We love our community for being able to vocalize what it wants and help us make the game better for you every day.
    Hi.

I still do not understand what you guys mean in the opening post under the 'would cause too many potential issues in PvP'. There are a tons of things that cause too many potential issues in pvp: maul proc, samael as the main issue maker, vixen, rogue mythic blade proc, runic gun proc, etc.. This pet currently is a noob pet in pvp, im often have been called 'whim noob', sadly its true.

"This is a problem in the fact that it starts to interfere with the integrity of the core game mechanics that would give Whim users an unfair advantage over other players in timed runs, for example."

It is a bad example, timed runs are already unfair.
    What kind of game mechanism is, when a complete class has 0 chance in timed runs(warriors)? I heard that this is the most played class, isnt that unfair? Also, you just need a team of 2 pc 50m weapon and another 2 pc of 25m weapon + full arcane pets - mostly samaels, but now we can use 1 whim in the team.

So please consider again to extend the range back, we expect unfair advantage from an arcane rarity item (just like warrior maul proc in pvp and samael nonstop terrify in pvp&banishment in pve), nothing less.
    Last edited by Haligali; 02-04-2014 at 10:16 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

WOW ARE YOU KIDDING?

See the bold portion. And please allow me to express my input on this, although you wont like it.

Ok firstly, if there's an EXPLOIT in which players were using Whim to pull mobs that werent aggro'd I'd never heard of it, not to say it didnt exist. But whatever .. Please explain to me, How is that an exploit? And how does it give an UNFAIR advantage.. Thats the point!!! To pull mobs closer to you so you can kill them, thats supposed to be the big advantage of wbim, and why hes arcane rarity! What does it matter if theyre aggrod or not, how is that relevant? Other abilities do the EXACT SAME THING and are available to all players. That makes no sense to me..

Secondly, and again related to range, if there's an EXPLOIT within the game you fix the EXPLOIT not nerf the pet. That logic is baffling. Why not make the abilty only affect mobs that have been aggrod? Why not find some other solutikn outside of changing the pet because you werent paying attention to mob aggro ranges you created, when you created the pet? That's called testing, heard of it? Most game companies do it extensively. You should try it sometime.

I don't care if i get bashed or get told to jump on the whambulance or anything else the bottom ljne is simple.

1. People pay REAL MONEY for these higher end items, in one way or another. Unfortunately they are items that you maintain possession of even after the purchase. While I understand that they are subject to change, and im sure thats in your terms of service as a CYA. This feels wrong. It strkngly suggests a severe lack of testing on your end, and ultimately is enough of a change to completely alter the overall effectiveness of the item itself. Its like taking a computer, and deciding to remove some RAM so the user wont open webpages so fast anymore. (bad analogy i know...)

Guys, youve altered your product sobkuch that the majority if not all vocal users are no longer happy they pirchased it. I can tell you from experience that making a habit of that is a self-destructive path for a company to take.

Also, remiems post was a tad agressive for my taste. Imagine saying that to a customer instead of typing it and perhaps you'll understand what i mean.

Whatever youre going to do whatever you want, im essentially talking to air, and ranting like crazy. /rant off... Sorry, im posting this, but likely would have kept my mouth shut had it been approached differently. You basically told us to stop givjng feedback after next update because you wont alter it. Thats uhh..yea.
    Last edited by eeknoh; 02-04-2014 at 11:34 AM. Reason: will fix typos later, lunch.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eeknoh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Hi Rem.

Can you please check the pictures in the following post: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1453706

You say: Whim was able to pull mobs that were not aggroed to them, but now does not pull mobs, which already aggroed. I call it as a bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eeknoh View Post
    WOW ARE YOU KIDDING?

See the bold portion. And please allow me to express my input on this, although you wont like it.

Ok firstly, if there's an EXPLOIT in which players were using Whim to pull mobs that werent aggro'd I'd never heard of it, not to say it didnt exist. But whatever .. Please explain to me, How is that an exploit? And how does it give an UNFAIR advantage.. Thats the point!!! To pull mobs closer to you so you can kill them, thats supposed to be the big advantage of wbim, and why hes arcane rarity! What does it matter if theyre aggrod or not, how is that relevant? Other abilities do the EXACT SAME THING and are available to all players. That makes no sense to me..

Secondly, and again related to range, if there's an EXPLOIT within the game you fix the EXPLOIT not nerf the pet. That logic is baffling. Why not make the abilty only affect mobs that have been aggrod? Why not find some other solutikn outside of changing the pet because you werent paying attention to mob aggro ranges you created, when you created the pet? That's called testing, heard of it? Most game companies do it extensively. You should try it sometime.

I don't care if i get bashed or get told to jump on the whambulance or anything else the bottom ljne is simple.

1. People pay REAL MONEY for these higher end items, in one way or another. Unfortunately they are items that you maintain possession of even after the purchase. While I understand that they are subject to change, and im sure thats in your terms of service as a CYA. This feels wrong. It strkngly suggests a severe lack of testing on your end, and ultimately is enough of a change to completely alter the overall effectiveness of the item itself. Its like taking a computer, and deciding to remove some RAM so the user wont open webpages so fast anymore. (bad analogy i know...)

Guys, youve altered your product sobkuch that the majority if not all vocal users are no longer happy they pirchased it. I can tell you from experience that making a habit of that is a self-destructive path for a company to take.

Also, remiems post was a tad agressive for my taste. Imagine saying that to a customer instead of typing it and perhaps you'll understand what i mean.

Whatever youre going to do whatever you want, im essentially talking to air, and ranting like crazy. /rant off... Sorry, im posting this, but likely would have kept my mouth shut had it been approached differently. You basically told us to stop givjng feedback after next update because you wont alter it. Thats uhh..yea.
    Kudos to you! Let's be frank and straight forward on this. STG shouldn't do this to its customers. I tried support, and just got a useless reply. Please compensate on your mistakes and not us paying for your mistakes.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Skypain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

I didn't really feel like sticking up for STG before but this is becoming ridiculous. You all seem to have this wrong idea that "the customer is always right" and you're mobbing up in a desperate attempt to claim back what exactly?

Understand that although you have the right to complain as customers, you don't get to decide how things are done but only supply feedback. I assure you that legally they're covered to make whatever changes they want whenever they want so let's just back off here and stop this unreasonably long complaining. The points have been made and opinions have been noted.

It's unfair to expect every item to fall under the ideal version of what each of you had in mind or as you think it should be. You are not more experienced in judging how any item should be or if it's working against core game mechanics.

And for crying out loud, just how selfish are you? Right now there is a long list of things that need fixing that actually affect more than 0.1% of the game base. If you can't understand their decisions to prioritize stuff like the upcoming expansion over a winter exclusive arcane pet that has already been given too much attention, then you really need to sit back and think some things over.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

5 whims in auction.

What's the deal STS?