Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ooh, your level 39, BOOT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ooh, your level 39, BOOT!

So since the holiday event and swamps quests came out I have been trying to level as fast as possible to be able to so some of them on my own. Little did I know that every level 48+ was on a rage booting power trip. I have been trying to get into crush the keeper maps for about 20 minutes now, everytime I join I wait for people, the rush right in. I pull my weight, I kill, I help, I even tank a boss or two if I need to. It seems lately That every game i join I get booted with reasons like "lol noob" or "gtfo". Personally I am getting tired of the abuse I receive just because i'm not level 50.

What I was wondering was for all you around my level, does this happen to you, and how do you deal with it? And for those of you that are higher levels, why do you find it nessacary to boot? everyone was lvl 39 at sometime. That seems to have been forgotten though.
    Last edited by MrGump; 12-16-2010 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Can't spell to save my life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

39 is too low for ao3, IMO. If you really want to try it, Host your own game and invite friends. You can't blame others for not wanting to carry your weight. Sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

lvl 39 is just right for first alien oasis, and maybe with a good group, ao2. Ao3 is very hard and a lvl 39 doesnt really help. Oh yeah, tanking an ao3 boss for a minute will probably kill you =)
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Your lvl 39 trying to boost....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

35-40 is AO1 why don't you lvl up there?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dunno, I do not want to see any level under 40, but after that, well hell, since the update its all like 5/armor points apart, and 20/damage. Makes me sad, but really if there experienced enough and you have ample 50, who cares?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Um, 39? GO to Ao1 please. Why be so ambitious as to be in AO3? AO3 groups want all members DPSing. Don't forget that some of them don't even like low gear level 50s or level 49s or level 48s. And you are...

That would mean you are too low level.

If you are so tired of the abuse, start your own game and invite your friends. Maybe it's time you found out...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I understand your concern.
    i see this more while running the toy man in the factory. It is completey unnecessary to boot someone that can practically solo him, but 50's do it all the time. It's pretty damn obnoxious.

I usually keep track of the peeps that are friendly to me in game. So when I hit 50 in like another week, I will know who to group with and who to blow off. Karma... It's a b.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was getting booted constantly last night from Crush The Keeper and Captive Audience maps and I was level 48/49. It seems like the frigging cyber quests have turned level 50's into boot happy, elitist d-bags. I can under stand if they needed a friend to join but if it was because I wasn't level 50 come on, really?!? I would be happier if someone asked me to leave than getting booted with the reason: lol no. I know this was one of those rare nights so I'm not going to dwell on it.
    Pyranthus - Level 50 full dex bird
    Chuckfinnley - Level 30 tank
    Amaranth - Level 18 enchantress
    "I will show you fear in a handful of dust." - T. S. Eliot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

when i tried to find the shadow in crush, i joined lvling ppl, not 50 (46-49). mynas spawned.. we killed him but it took 3x as long as normal... :-/ same with keeper... it took an eternety to kill..
    i just feel a difference if ppl wearing endgame sets or junks while playing VL..

most to has to say if ppl use theyr skills well.. i often see full mana bars while fighting.. mine is always empty... lol
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Stop bashing us 50's. If you have an issue with our playing methods, then by all means create your own game. We go into ao3 with 50's for a reason, we don't need to be babysitting you guys just because you want to level in the wrong order. My little brother plays and I made sure he leveled up in the appropriate areas.

If you do it that way you'll learn how to actually play. Nothing worse than a bear, bird, or Mage that can't even combo or play their role. I personally don't get boot happy. I ask politely for whoever to leave. If they don't listen they get a boot.

Once again MAKE YOUR OWN GAMES. and if you're 49 getting booted from crush the keeper or captive audience, we have quests to complete, we don't need extra weight. We payed for this content so we can play how we please, hence why we HOST OUR game. Make your own level of CtK or CA and stop making threads or complaining on them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dont boot off keep runs (map2 ao3) but anywhere else in oa3 ill tell a 39 ur too low & ill boot if u ignore me. Sry but its just the way it is. I have limited time to play this game and im not going to waste time try'n to run a grp of low lvls through ao3 maps. Dont get me wrong ive killed OL with 47s - 49s b4, it just takes alot longer to clear and kill boss.
    My point is, at least get close to 50 if u want to run with 50s.
    IGN
    Satansnecro lv 50 Rift/Cosmos mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Don't try and power level. If you're trying to level in ao3 you're in the wrong place. You think you're pulling your weight, but you don't have much weight you can pull. I can understand why you're being booted, you're too low for the campaign. Most people playing keeper are trying to do the quests. You should be in ao2. Don't try and take on ao3 when you're not ready.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a bear, bird and enchantess, at the same when I was running leveling, I do not join games way above my level, and I do have a team but I refused to have them power level for me. At 39 I was running in public game in alien oasis one and upon reaching 40 then I switched to ao2. You are 39 and pardon me, I'm not looking down on lower level but do you have the right equipment? Most of the time in ao3 we are spamming skills, if you do not have the right equipment, can you pot? Even 50s with the top equipments also need to pot like mad. In our games my host did booted 50s for just standing round doing normal slash just to save mana. It's just not fair to the rest of the party. I hope you understand this. Even at your level, you can get good gains at ao2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

When with a group with No bird I ask if they mind me swapping to lv49 str bird. They all say don't lol
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Sorry, but I boot anyone below 45 in Ao3. Its just not suited for you, its nothing personal or against your game ability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have a heart guys when i have a few low levels in my ctk game i find that the quest guy appears more often. At 39 he just need a couple runs ro get to 40 and become a legit crush the keeper player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Ugh so tired of everyone complaining about lvl 50s being so mean. Wait till you're lvl 50 and have put in all the work to get where you are and you just want to be able to play the game with other players who can pull the same weight as you.

That's all, I've said enough on this assinine topic.

Edit: Maybe the devs should force people to buy ao1 & ao2 before they could buy ao3? I'm wondering if these kinds of threads are coming from people who just don't want to buy the earlier maps. If so, it doesn't seem fair to those who did buy them all and leveled the right way.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 12-16-2010 at 10:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The new fashion is bash the booter bashers now? Just a month ago all pro wannabes were saying "remove the boot function and create your game".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And this is why id love to see min level required to join option on maps!