Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scam Problems? Some Tips for Sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    There is no better way of avoiding a scam than not trusting anyone. Dont give anything to anyone that you want back later. As STS said before, all trades are final. If a person truly is your friend, they wont put you in a situation that would demand 100% of your trust.
    Thank you very much... but i think everyone already knows you don't have to trust anybody ecc and ecc. Thats common sense even a monkey knows (A monkey will diligently protect is banana).

What i am talking about is how to dissuade a potencial scammer from scamming. The best solutions i found how just like reality ones:

-Instill a fear of justice in a scammer. (Black List).
    -inform players of the consequences of their actions.(Divulgating the ToS everywhere).
    -Remove any possible protection for a scammer. (Adding control on name changing).
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-08-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliteFamily
    Thank you very much... but i think everyone already knows you don't have to trust anybody ecc and ecc. Thats common sense even a monkey knows (A monkey will diligently protect is banana).

So, you're saying people who fall for scams are dumber than monkeys? Lol

What i am talking about is how to dissuade a potencial scammer from scamming. The best solutions i found how just like reality ones:

The best way is to make the scammer starve. After a while, and after a bunch of his scams fail, he'll probably realize that everyone else is smarter than him

-Instill a fear of justice in a scammer. (Black List).
    -inform players of the consequences of their actions.(Divulgating the ToS everywhere).

This wont stop a scammer. Most of the time, a scammer scams because he thinks he can get away with it. Every one knows you can get banned from this game, but it doesnt stop them. Scammers are amoral people whose fear is overshadowed by their stupidity.

-Remove any possible protection for a scammer. (Adding control on name changing).

Again, character deletion/recreation would be an easy temporary exploit.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Attachment 61349

So, you're saying people who fall for scams
    are dumber than monkeys? Lol
    I refuse to answer such a stupid question.

The best way is to make the scammer
    starve. After a while, and after a bunch of
    his scams fail, he'll probably realize that
    everyone else is smarter than him

Most scammers don't wake up and decide from today henceforth they will go around tricking people it is because they get the opportunity to do so: maybe they ask their guild to help them with the midas, maybe they ask their friend to borrow them X item. Preventing a potencial scammer from becoming a scammer is what i am looking for.

This wont stop a scammer. Most of the
    time, a scammer scams because he thinks
    he can get away with it. Every one knows
    you can get banned from this game, but it
    doesnt stop them. Scammers are amoral
    people whose fear is overshadowed by
    their stupidity.

I never talked about stopping scam but reducing it. We as common players don't even know what happens to scam issues emailed to the support group. What happens to the scammer, to the items, to the victim? Everything is covered by a fog of secretecy and this helps scammers. For example If a theif knows that if he gets caught he will go to jail, his name will on newspaper, on tv, he will be put aside from community and he would be pubblicly marked as a theif ergo everyone will run away from him,
    If this theif sees with is eyes that this rule was really applied and hundreds of theives have been condemned before him, the fear of justice will control his stupidity. Before he steals he will think ten times if it worth it.

Again, character deletion/recreation would
    be an easy temporary exploit.

If a scammer deletes his toon then the problem is solved.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 02-09-2014 at 04:41 AM.