Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvE Build for us Mages...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

for me i Just take 5 point now ice shield time fire and heal/mana only pass dmg crit know and might

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I get a lot of flak for the points in move but IMO movement is underrated and I stand behind this build 100%. The movement I notice, the crit I don't. I don't use strike so crit isn't important to me. Clock damage over time is minimal. I mean what's the crit of a 22 shot? 30? I can crit my clock much more effectively with a crit pet. Of all the +1% passives move is definitely the most noticeable and imo the most effective.
    So if I have a crit value of 20% the 5 skill points in crit passive bring me to 21? Serious? I'll pass. And the damage passive... If I have 300 damage 5 points in damage passive gives me 315? Nah.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    I get a lot of flak for the points in move but IMO movement is underrated and I stand behind this build 100%. The movement I notice, the crit I don't. I don't use strike so crit isn't important to me. Clock damage over time is minimal. I mean what's the crit of a 22 shot? 30? I can crit my clock much more effectively with a crit pet. Of all the +1% passives move is definitely the most noticeable and imo the most effective.
    So if I have a crit value of 20% the 5 skill points in crit passive bring me to 21? Serious? I'll pass. And the damage passive... If I have 300 damage 5 points in damage passive gives me 315? Nah.
    Its your opinion. If you are happy with your build alright.
    Just, a little correction. If you have 20% crit, with passive crit 5/5 you will have 25%, not 21% as you've said. Passive crit adds 5% crit chance to your current crit chance. That means 5%->10%, 20%->25%, 40%->45% etc etc. So imo, those 5% are noticable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I guess all said I think that crit is more for a PvP build for mage or a rogue in general. I guess I stand corrected as far as how crit passive works but in that case that makes DMG passive seem even worse :/
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I was under the interpretation that passive was based off your base value. OK so my crit would go from 15 to 20 and with 5 in DMG passive 350 to 355? Lol. I figured the percentage came from my stats. How would 5 points in DMG passive make any sense even for a warrior? It's just not making sense, the passive is based off what? There is a difference between points and percent.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

OK a friend explained these passives and how they are applied. Might be worth rethinking my build. Especially now that I have a number of decent movement pets.
    CO-GM <THE COLLECTIVE>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

I was under the interpretation that passive was based off your base value. OK so my crit would go from 15 to 20 and with 5 in DMG passive 350 to 355? Lol. I figured the percentage came from my stats. How would 5 points in DMG passive make any sense even for a warrior? It's just not making sense, the passive is based off what? There is a difference between points and percent.
    Crit passive adds 1% crit per upgrade in your stats. The crit is in percent in your stats. So if you have 20% crit then you add 5% crit passive then you will have 25% crit chance. Damage passive adds 1% damage per upgrade. It is not noticeable in your stats but if you have 400 damage and you add 5% damage passive then you will have 420 damage. It is a big boost in my opinion. So if you have higher damage in your stats, the higher damage points you will get when you upgrade 5/5 damage passive.
    Raymonddr (SORCERER) / Raymonddrjr (ROGUE) / Raymondjdr (WARRIOR)
    Member of ELITE RUNNERS
    RETIRED for now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

And also, i have tested movement speed passive. I ran through both ends of traveler's outpost with and without movement passive and also without a pet. It turned out that when i use 5/5 movement passive, i finished a second earlier than when i am not using movement passive. For example: with 5/5 movement passive 22 seconds; without movement passive 23 seconds. These are just rough numbers because i cannot remember the exact numbers because i did this experiment last respec weekend. So IMO, better invest those 5 points in movement passive somewhere else. You can always use speed pets. :-)
    Raymonddr (SORCERER) / Raymonddrjr (ROGUE) / Raymondjdr (WARRIOR)
    Member of ELITE RUNNERS
    RETIRED for now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

OK a friend explained these passives and how they are applied. Might be worth rethinking my build. Especially now that I have a number of decent movement pets.
    Yup, also if you receive a speed elixir from klaas, it makes your passive movement points immediately worthless.